Page 166 of 298
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170176216266 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:51 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
He was to ATTACK the QB, the edge was set. If he attacked the QB (as it's his responsibility) That play nearly causes less damage then it did.
He guessed. Wrong.

That's not on Bob Sutton.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:52 PM 12-11-2018
Another indictment on Sutton and the coaching staff as a whole. Almost nobody has developed in the past several seasons (Chris Jones the exception). Kpass and Speaks are hardly seeing the field now. The secondary is horrible and the staff still can't get Lucas and O'Daniel on the field. This team is incapable of developing defensive talent. Some of that is on the scouting, but the coaching staff has to be held accountable. Compare this team to our opponent next week, the Seattle Seahawks. They unloaded the legion of boom, were expected to fall apart, but are instead one of the best defenses in the league again using a lot of young and/or unheralded players. We have a huge problem. We can invest every pick on defense the next 3 years and it won't matter because the coaching staff can't develop them. Kpass and Speaks are already wasted picks. Who's our next bust to be taken on defense?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:52 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Blick:
Man. That Twitter clip is alarming when it comes to Chris Jones. It's obvious that both LB's are yelling at him to slide over and Hitchens then gives him the universal signal by tapping him and Jones still doesn't budge. JFC.

That's a player making his own decision and refusing to play sound team defense. That's fucking irritating and that's not on Sutton.

Really makes me wonder how often Jones goes rogue like that.
All the time.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:52 PM 12-11-2018
Man. That Twitter clip is alarming when it comes to Chris Jones. It's obvious that both LB's are yelling at him to slide over and Hitchens then gives him the universal signal by tapping him and Jones still doesn't budge. JFC.

That's a player making his own decision and refusing to play sound team defense. That's ****ing irritating and that's not on Sutton.

Attitude reflect leadership
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:54 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Another indictment on Sutton and the coaching staff as a whole. Almost nobody has developed in the past several seasons (Chris Jones the exception). Kpass and Speaks are hardly seeing the field now. The secondary is horrible and the staff still can't get Lucas and O'Daniel on the field. This team is incapable of developing defensive talent. Some of that is on the scouting, but the coaching staff has to be held accountable. Compare this team to our opponent next week, the Seattle Seahawks. They unloaded the legion of boom, were expected to fall apart, but are instead one of the best defenses in the league again using a lot of young and/or unheralded players. We have a huge problem. We can invest every pick on defense the next 3 years and it won't matter because the coaching staff can't develop them. Kpass and Speaks are already wasted picks. Who's our next bust to be taken on defense?
Develop who? KPass is an oversized 4-3 DE. Speaks is an undersized 3-4 DE. DOD is a guy who doesn't really have a full time position.

They draft a bunch of crap and people are pissed because the coaching staff can't coach them up.
[Reply]
Pushead2 12:55 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He guessed. Wrong.

That's not on Bob Sutton.
It's not a guess, it's his assignment.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:55 PM 12-11-2018

That's a player making his own decision and refusing to play sound team defense. That's fucking irritating and that's not on Sutton.

I noticed it about 5 weeks ago when I was trying to do a deep dive on how inexplicably bad our run D is.

Jones does that a LOT. He splits when his job is to engage and force a gap for the ILB to fill in. When he splits, the ILB has to guess or, more often, he simply waits. And by then the RB has a head of steam, is dictating the run and drives the tackler backwards.

Williams does it quite a bit as well. Nnadi is the best we have there and he's getting better. His only real issue is that sometimes he just gets beat by technique. That's happening less and less often.

The DL does the ILBs no favors quite often.

Ultimately this is 4-3 personnel based on both their talent and their tendencies. I just don't see a way to switch it up in-season.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:56 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
It's not a guess, it's his assignment.
You think his assignment was to dive the A gap and chase the RB wide when Ford set the edge?

Oh c'mon, you're just ignoring basic logic at this point.
[Reply]
O.city 12:56 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Let's see the film review then.

I see one piece of video posted in the last few minutes that clearly shows the personnel not correctly executing the scheme. WEEKLY, I see dozens of Twitter posts about players on this defense not doing their jobs. Funny how I see very little criticism of Sutton in all of it, other than here.

I hope you guys get your wish and Sutton gets fired. I just can't wait to hear you constantly bitch about the talent next.

Because let's be clear - this isn't about Sutton, it's about YOU and your constant need to complain.
You're either coaching it or you're allowing it to happen.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:57 PM 12-11-2018
Develop who? KPass is an oversized 4-3 DE. Speaks is an undersized 3-4 DE. DOD is a guy who doesn't really have a full time position.

They draft a bunch of crap and people are pissed because the coaching staff can't coach them up.
Don't waste your time with kcchiefsus. He is complete waste of space and time.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:57 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Some people refuse to admit that our defensive coaching staff is a big part of the problem. Our players might not be great but they are better than this. We could change assignments to fit our player's talents better and our defense would improve immediately. Safety is our biggest personnel need, Parker and Sorenson are terrible. We should have bit the bullet and kept Lucas out there while he learned. He should be solid by now. Berry and Lucas would be a decent duo for the playoffs.
You think Sutton hasn’t tried using different concepts, coverages and players?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:57 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
You're either coaching it or you're allowing it to happen.
Bob Sutton works for Andy Reid, who is sitting over talking to Mahomes and not watching the defense.

Who is allowing it to happen again?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:58 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You think Sutton hasn’t tried using different concepts, coverages and players?
Of course not, he's an idiot. LOL
[Reply]
O.city 12:59 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I noticed it about 5 weeks ago when I was trying to do a deep dive on how inexplicably bad our run D is.

Jones does that a LOT. He splits when his job is to engage and force a gap for the ILB to fill in. When he splits, the ILB has to guess or, more often, he simply waits. And by then the RB has a head of steam, is dictating the run and drives the tackler backwards.

Williams does it quite a bit as well. Nnadi is the best we have there and he's getting better. His only real issue is that sometimes he just gets beat by technique. That's happening less and less often.

The DL does the ILBs no favors quite often.

Ultimately this is 4-3 personnel based on both their talent and their tendencies. I just don't see a way to switch it up in-season.
Once I heard jones say he wanted to lead the league in sacks, you kind of knew what was coming.

When I look at the players they've brought in the last year or so, I really think they're gonna transition away from the 34. I just can't imagine they've done this bad of a job at it.
[Reply]
O.city 01:00 PM 12-11-2018
Bob Sutton works for Andy Reid, who is sitting over talking to Mahomes and not watching the defense.

Who is allowing it to happen again?
Whats the point of this argument then? Bob is put in charge of the defense, Andy isn't a defensive coach.

What would you have him be doing?
[Reply]
Page 166 of 298
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170176216266 > Last »
Up