ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 240
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142192 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:46 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
I've simply witnessed the same thing as the sports writers...let me know the next time someone is paying you for your opinion on sports. Kind of lends a certain amount of credibility.
Let me know when you're willing to engage in substance rather than subsitute the judgment of others.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:54 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
I said it earlier... Alice Smith.

Like FAX said, Alice and Reid turned the franchise around. Alice, knowing he was going to be replaced, helped to mold Mahomes and I (we) will forever be grateful. Smith hasn't and will not win a Superbowl. He's a game manager, though at times he can't even do that right, not a game changer. Blame Andy all you want little buddies but he can't force guys to catch the ball, to throw to open receivers, to make tackles, or to make field goals.
If you truly believe that, then we should ask why Andy still seems to turtle shell with Mahomes to protect leads instead of letting him keep doing the things that put them in the lead in the first place. Our frustratingly ineffective offense in the 2q of both games. The frustratingly conservative run out the clock offense to close the SD game. Maybe Andy gains trust in mahomes over time. I hope so. But if Andy trusts mahomes he will stop playing not to lose when we're up.
[Reply]
fan4ever 03:00 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Let me know when you're willing to engage in substance rather than subsitute the judgment of others.
Unbiased judgement, unlike yours. That works for me and it supports what I've seen and said myself while watching Reid's magic in especially the big games.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:06 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
If you truly believe that, then we should ask why Andy still seems to turtle shell with Mahomes to protect leads instead of letting him keep doing the things that put them in the lead in the first place. Our frustratingly ineffective offense in the 2q of both games. The frustratingly conservative run out the clock offense to close the SD game. Maybe Andy gains trust in mahomes over time. I hope so. But if Andy trusts mahomes he will stop playing not to lose when we're up.
Did you watch the strip sack? If the hold wasn't called we're up 28-0. That was a pure momentum swing. The crowd, and the players themselves, instantly got back into the game. Regardless, he can't force his guys to cover better or to tackle. Did you notice, by chance, the TOP? Which is it dude? Keep airing it out and forcing our D to play 45 minutes a game, which will tire even elite defenses, or to run? He can't make the line run block better or Hunt, who led the league in rushing last year FYI, to find the gap.

This isn't a coaching issue, except maybe Sutton and our incessant prevent scheme, it's personnel. It's guys not executing. People bitch if we keep our foot on the gas "Golly gee Willigers Bobby Rae, why din't we run da clock out? Uh hee uh hee uh hue" or "God damnit Billy Jo, we dint payse an keep ur feets on dem peddles. Uh hee uh hee uh hue"
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:16 PM 09-20-2018
I've simply witnessed the same thing as the sports writers...let me know the next time someone is paying you for your opinion on sports. Kind of lends a certain amount of credibility.
You're just using an appeal to authority. I don't give a shit what these sports writers think. Most of them are idiots.

KK gets paid good $$$ to tell you that drafting Mahomes and trading Smith was a mistake.

Just because he got paid for saying that stupid shit doesn't mean he's right.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:19 PM 09-20-2018
Unbiased judgement, unlike yours.
Nah. That's not what you're doing.

What YOU'RE doing is clinging to an old narrative and viewing everything Andy through that lens, instead of evaluating what's really happening in these games.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:20 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Alex Smith ****ed up royally bc he was a pussy. That doesn’t absolve Andy Reid from blame bc he HAD to have Alex when he got here.
:-)

Maybe he should've just held onto Matt Cassel?

Drafted Geno Smith like we all wanted?

How about that exposed vagina Derrick Carr?

Nah, what he did was bring you Patrick Mahomes. Andy Reid was right. Everyone else was wrong.

Get out of here....
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:21 PM 09-20-2018
I wont put it all on Reid but the Colts and Titans game he didnt do much to shorten the game when he should have. It is criminal that Hunt only got 11 touches especially when Alex and the offense went cold. I've always been a big Reid fan though. He made Quinn eat shit a few years ago, always puts it on Belicheks ass, and made Gus Bradley's defense look foolish week 1. Brilliant offensive mind does have a few short comings that's why hes never won a super bowl. Mahomes is talented enough to overcome those though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:22 PM 09-20-2018
Unbiased judgement, unlike yours. That works for me and it supports what I've seen and said myself while watching Reid's magic in especially the big games.
You can't call it unbiased when it isn't even your own.

You're just giving some dude with a byline your microphone. Hey - whatever works for you, sport.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:24 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Maybe he should've just held onto Matt Cassel?

Drafted Geno Smith like we all wanted?

How about that exposed vagina Derrick Carr?

Get out of here....
Just because the known alternatives are bad doesn't mean the road taken was good.

There's an old axiom about relative relationships here on CP.

> "bad" ≠ "good"
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:25 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Just because the known alternatives are bad doesn't mean the road taken was good.

> "bad" ≠ "good"
I would sign Cassel and hire Haley. They won a division title.

Andy Reids clock management sucks. Fire him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:27 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I would sign Cassel and hire Haley. They won a division title.

Andy Reids clock management sucks. Fire him.
[Reply]
fan4ever 03:28 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Nah. That's not what you're doing.

What YOU'RE doing is clinging to an old narrative and viewing everything Andy through that lens, instead of evaluating what's really happening in these games.
Nobody else's...MY narrative...I've watched it again and again to my horror and dismay. I'd be a giddy as shit with Mahomes and this new era...if it weren't for that I'm afraid that Reid and his game day magic will screw up a big game once again. He's been roundly criticized by people who don't have an ax to grind...he's a likable guy, unlike some other coaches...why would sports writers pick on him? Because he has his faults, as any coach does...it's just nauseating to watch it when it happens.
[Reply]
fan4ever 03:30 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You can't call it unbiased when it isn't even your own.

You're just giving some dude with a byline your microphone. Hey - whatever works for you, sport.
Yeah, that's me...I've been following this team for 48 years and I just can't wait to hate the head coach...because I get a real kick out of chewing my fingernails down every game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:31 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

> "bad" ≠ "good"
An equally old axiom is that you shouldn't let perfect be the enemy of good.

But beyond that, there's something to be said for the broken road though, is there not?

I mean lets say the Chiefs decide "nah, we don't want Alex" and they sign...I dunno...Fitzpatrick. Or draft Geno. Or...well really, do just about anything other than what they did.

Would they have been in better shape over the last 5 years? Over the next 5?

I don't think its unfair to ask for specifics here. To me, the only reasonable avenue for complaint was Derek Carr. Though my position was always that the problem wasn't Smith - it was not drafting Carr to follow him up and necessitate the Smith extension.

Well hindsight says that the Smith extension (when you account for the large cut in his base salary that year) was actually quite a bit below where the QB market ended up being. It also netted us Fuller and a 3rd. And it also, CRITICALLY, kept us from making the mistake that the Raiders made with Carr. What I always called at least a minor mistake sure seems at this point to be a blessing in disguise.

What other road to you see that would've yielded higher returns over the last 5 seasons or put us on a better road forward for the next 5? Bearing in mind that this franchise had already sucked the hind tit for 4 years and was fast on its way to being a Browns-esque laughing stock. For me, that also takes 'eat shit for 3 seasons and draft Wentz' off the table. I simply think you have a poison franchise at that point.

The decision to acquire Alex Smith gave us 5 years of stable footing that revamped this franchise into one that was healthy enough to polish the edges off Kelce and take (enormous) risks on Hill. It allowed them to develop a culture that has players expecting to win. And now it has the silver bullet to get them over the top. If they have 3-4 years of losing under the belt, do Dorsey/Reid/Veach have the organizational cache to say "Hey Clark - don't worry about this year; there's this raw gunslinger we need to draft...."? It's hard to say.

What possible series of outcomes could've been better than the one we got? Was there a path to a Super Bowl winning QB in there somewhere? Was the answer Nick Foles and we just never knew it?

Gotta squint pretty hard to say that the Smith acquisition and the direction it took the franchise wasn't exactly what we needed then and going forward.
[Reply]
Page 92 of 240
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142192 > Last »
Up