ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1290 of 2693
« First < 29079011901240128012861287128812891290 129112921293129413001340139017902290 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:22 AM 11-14-2018
Who cares about the MVP award? None of us should when we have no titles in 50 years. No home playoff wins in well over 20 years. Embarassing, so fugg the MVP for Mahomes. He shouldn't care and neither should we.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 09:22 AM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...ng-unstoppable
Thanks for posting this.
[Reply]
Best22 09:23 AM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Who cares about the MVP award? None of us should when we have no titles in 50 years. No home playoff wins in well over 20 years. Embarassing, so fugg the MVP for Mahomes. He shouldn't care and neither should we.
What does the MVP have to do with the playoffs?

It’s fun having a relevant quarterback
[Reply]
O.city 09:27 AM 11-14-2018

Does a great job of matching intuition. Above the line are QBs helped by easier throws due to better schemes or receivers https://t.co/u6xxwLvz9a

— Kevin Cole (@Cole_Kev) November 14, 2018

Andy is pretty good. So is Pat.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 09:30 AM 11-14-2018
You continue to prove you're the dumbest poster on this forum.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:34 AM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
You continue to prove you're the dumbest poster on this forum.
Just being realistic. MVPs are worthless junk when you have no championships to speak of and lost two more home playoff games in 2016 and 2017. How many does that total? 5 I think. Go ahead with the MVP talk dufuss boy. I have bigger things on my mind and hopefully the players do as well.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:35 AM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
New article on PMII. Almost deserves its own thread. Very long

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...ng-unstoppable
Nice article, and here is to you, Mahomes...

[Reply]
chinaski 09:42 AM 11-14-2018
Just being realistic. MVPs are worthless junk when you have no championships to speak of and lost two more home playoff games in 2016 and 2017. How many does that total? 5 I think. Go ahead with the MVP talk dufuss boy. I have bigger things on my mind and hopefully the players do as well.
How would you feel if they won the Superbowl and Mahomes got the MVP? That cool?
[Reply]
Best22 09:44 AM 11-14-2018
We’re not players, so we have the luxury to think about whatever we want and overlook whatever teams we want.

Believe me, you don’t win playoff games because fans “worry about them.” You think Pats fans give a rip who they play in Divisional round? The AFC Championship is practically the New England Invitational. Pat fans don’t sweat that divisional game, yet they win it every year. Fans have zero effect on all this. Elite quarterbacks and coaches do.

MVP! MVP!
[Reply]
RunKC 09:45 AM 11-14-2018
Elway is fucked and he knows it. What a time to be alive :-)

Originally Posted by :

I'M STANDING WITH John Elway as we watch Mahomes warm up at Arrowhead Stadium before the Chiefs play the Broncos in late October. Mahomes rolls left and throws deep right, then rolls right and throws deep left. He tosses it 60 yards without a strain or grunt. He looks like he's goofing around -- even checks his phone between reps -- but this is actual practice. In games, he makes those throws. A few Broncos coaches watch Mahomes, seduced by the spectacle of it all. He has skills at his command that are the envy of anyone who's ever played quarterback, and if you've ever thrown a ball well enough to have an idea of how hard it is to don what he does, it's even more fascinating and thrilling and full of lovely subtleties, like the angle at which the nose rises and falls, how the ball seems to gain speed with distance rather than lose it, violent yet catchable. These passes change more than a game's momentum. They suspend time, forcing you to look up from your phone and making you wonder what it feels like to unleash such force. Elway knows.

I ask Elway, "When your arm was its strongest, what was it like to throw?"

"I don't know," he says. He chews on it for a second and gives me a football version of the "I could always just play" scene in "Good Will Hunting." "You just feel like you can do anything."

To succeed in the NFL, most players have to come to terms with their limits. You learn to work within and against them. But if you are born with an arm like Mahomes' or Elway's, it allows you the blessing of never having to reconsider yourself -- unless, of course, a few painful postseason losses force you to reconsider everything.

[Reply]
RunKC 09:48 AM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:

Andy is pretty good. So is Pat.
When Andy retires, his parting gift better be a Matt Nagy or Doug Pederson.

19 TD/7 INT/101 QB rating

Nagy has done that to Trubisky in his first year with him through 9 games. He’s going to be a damn good coach for the Bears.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:51 AM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Elway is fucked and he knows it. What a time to be alive :-)
This was one of the first things I saw where I thought "damn, this kid is a wizard":

Originally Posted by :
it's even more fascinating and thrilling and full of lovely subtleties, like the angle at which the nose rises and falls, how the ball seems to gain speed with distance rather than lose it,
The goddamn spin rate on his ball must be unreal for the nose of the football to do what it does when he throws it. The way the thing noses over like a fighter jet is a sight to behold. It makes it so much more true to its target and that's part of why I'm less worried than most are about weather effect.

The weather can/will kill a ball with some wobble or a ball that 'rolls' over at it's apex. That's when wind/rain can really kill it. But Mahomes throws a ball that will just drive through that shit.

And frankly, our guys know where they're going - the DBs don't. I think in many ways poor weather can HELP Mahomes, provided that his WRs can hold onto the ball. It will give them just a little more separation because they can prepare for that cut that DBs can't and they can get through it cleaner.

Meanwhile Pat throws such a clean ball that it will just knife through the crap and end up right where he wants it to be - weather be damned.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 09:53 AM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
When Andy retires, his parting gift better be a Matt Nagy or Doug Pederson.

19 TD/7 INT/101 QB rating

Nagy has done that to Trubisky in his first year with him through 9 games. He’s going to be a damn good coach for the Bears.

[Reply]
Stinger 10:06 AM 11-14-2018

"They better put some respect on your name." - @PatrickMahomes5 to @cheetah on Sunday ✊

Mahomes had the �� against the Cardinals. pic.twitter.com/VneM2B2HvQ

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) November 14, 2018

[Reply]
chinaski 10:11 AM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by Stinger:

:-) Awesome!
[Reply]
Page 1290 of 2693
« First < 29079011901240128012861287128812891290 129112921293129413001340139017902290 > Last »
Up