ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 70
« First < 14546061626364 65666768 > Last »
Media Center>Doctor Who
keg in kc 12:57 PM 03-30-2011
Been meaning to start a thread on this for years and never have for some reason. Big fan of both the original (what I've seen/remember of it...) and the rebooted series.

New doctor:

[Reply]
unlurking 05:44 PM 11-30-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Thought the prior two sucked but the last one was one of Moffat's best ever.
Agreed. I don't know if I'm getting old or what, but it took my mind a few seconds to click on what he was trying to accomplish with the reset. Always happy not to know the ending in the first few minutes.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:42 PM 12-05-2015
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I don't know why I didn't think of this until tonight, but Capaldi is the perfect age right now to hook Doctor Who up with River Song. Capaldi was born in '58 and Kingston was born in '63.
Finally.
[Reply]
bevischief 10:11 AM 12-06-2015
WTF just happened last night?
[Reply]
stumppy 10:20 AM 12-06-2015
Originally Posted by bevischief:
WTF just happened last night?
Still turning it over in my mind. Whatever it was I liked it.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 01:17 PM 12-06-2015
Ehhhh... I hated how they basically retconned the death making it 100x more meaningless and also left the door open for Clara to come back at any time. Also, did Me imply that Missy was their daughter? Or that Clara was their daughter? Either way, gross... Moffat took their relationship way too far I think.

Also, the new sonic looks completely ridiculous. I would've thought Capaldi would have wanted something more simplistic like the original sonic (which was just a pen) rather than something twice as ridiculous and over the top as Matt Smith's.
[Reply]
Reaper16 01:49 PM 12-06-2015
Clara's an interesting case now. She can go see whatever she wants to, but she can't be human at all. She can't eat. Can't sleep. Can't grab a pint with someone on a date. She's a walking mind with no bodily process. As soon as that gets tired for her, and it will, she can go embrace death. Pretty cool IMO.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:58 PM 12-06-2015
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
Also, did Me imply that Missy was their daughter? Or that Clara was their daughter?
I don't think anyone was implied to be anyone's daughter.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 02:29 PM 12-06-2015
here's the sonic:

Originally Posted by Jamie:
Well not imply, but suggested.

EDIT: OK actually I listened to it again and I guess it got misconstrued by the Doctor repeating "she's just my friend, she's only my friend" and then Me saying "You'd risk all of time and space because 'you miss her' -- one wonders what you two would get up to next" which I thought was a jab at his notion that they're "only friends" which... I guess it still could be
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:12 PM 12-06-2015
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Me implied that the doctor himself might be half human, hence his eternal draw to earth. But gave no window beyond that into his possible parentage.

I thought it was an interesting way to move on from Clara. As for her death losing any meaning, well, I never thought it carried much weight anyway. That whole raven episode was a disaster.

Strong end to the season, though, and I'm looking forward to River's return.

And thank God the fucking sonic sunglasses are gone.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:25 PM 12-06-2015

[Reply]
listopencil 04:16 PM 01-22-2016
Steven Moffat Leaving Doctor Who After Season 10, Broadchurch Creator Steps In

http://comicbook.com/2016/01/22/stev...oadchurch-cre/
[Reply]
listopencil 04:20 PM 01-22-2016
A host of Doctor Who news was announced Friday, including Steven Moffat stepping down as showrunner of the series. His last season will be the yet-to-air season 10, which BBC has also decided to hold back until Spring 2017. The news was confirmed by the BBC's official twitter account for the show. Traditionally, the series has debuted either late Spring or early Fall, depending on if it had a split season or a straight-through one. This one will mean that 2016 only sees one Who episode at all, the Christmas Special. Starting with 2018's season 11, Chris Chibnall, creator of Broadchurch, will step into the showrunner role.

"Feels odd to be talking about leaving when I'm just starting work on the scripts for season 10," Moffat told the RadioTimes, "but the fact is my timey-wimey is running out. While Chris is doing his last run of Broadchurch, I’ll be finishing up on the best job in the universe and keeping the TARDIS warm for him." Moffat praised Chibnall and the decision to bring him on as his replacement. "It took a lot of gin and tonic to talk him into this, but I am beyond delighted that one of the true stars of British Television drama will be taking the Time Lord even further into the future. At the start of season 11, Chris Chibnall will become the new showrunner of Doctor Who. And I will be thrown in a skip."

BBC controller Charlotte Moore said they scheduled Moffat's finale series in Spring 2017 to "bring the nation together for what will be a huge event on the channel" as "2016 is spoilt with national moment including the Euros and Olympics," so they're holding this one back a few months. Doctor Who was relaunched by Russell T. Davies in 2005, refreshing the science fiction series for a new generation. It chronicles the adventures of the Doctor, an alien Time Lord who hops through time and space with his (usually) human companions.

"I want to thank Steven Moffat for everything he has given Doctor Who – I’ve loved working with him, he is an absolute genius and has brought fans all over the world such joy," Moore said. "I would also like to take this opportunity to welcome Chris Chibnall, a wonderfully talented writer who I know will bring something very special to the hit series."

Chibnall said, "it's a privilege and a joy to be the next curator of this funny, scary and emotional family drama.I’ve loved Doctor Who since I was four years old, and I’m relishing the thought of working with the exceptional team at BBC Wales to create new characters, creatures and worlds for the Doctor to explore."

http://comicbook.com/2016/01/22/stev...oadchurch-cre/
[Reply]
unlurking 05:54 PM 01-22-2016
Glad to hear Moffat is moving on, but even Moffat Dr. Who is better than no Dr. Who.

:-)
[Reply]
listopencil 06:04 PM 01-22-2016
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Glad to hear Moffat is moving on, but even Moffat Dr. Who is better than no Dr. Who.

:-)
I know. Basically a year with no show. That blows.
[Reply]
bevischief 05:53 AM 01-23-2016
Well this explains a few things...
[Reply]
Page 64 of 70
« First < 14546061626364 65666768 > Last »
Up