ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 382
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134184 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
In58men 06:55 PM 02-02-2012
Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for your interest in Boulevard's 2012 Chocolate Ale. Unfortunately at this time we do not distribute to California, and due to legal constraints, we cannot ship beer directly to you. However, you can find our beers in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
[Reply]
Phobia 07:06 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for your interest in Boulevard's 2012 Chocolate Ale. Unfortunately at this time we do not distribute to California, and due to legal constraints, we cannot ship beer directly to you. However, you can find our beers in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
Beer, and every other substance in the world has been known to cause cancer in California.
[Reply]
In58men 07:24 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Beer, and every other substance in the world has been known to cause cancer in California.

Oranges cause cancer over here lol.

If beer gave me cancer then I'd die a happy man.
[Reply]
NewChief 07:43 PM 02-02-2012
Just went to my beer store. 4 cases of the chocolate ale. I didn't even buy one. They've still got BBQ sitting around there as well.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 07:44 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by CHENZ A!:
Also, I think a lot of people ignore the fact that it's not a stout.
Exactly. It's a damn fine beer in its own right.
[Reply]
O.city 07:45 PM 02-02-2012
Where is your store newchief? I'm wanting a case, be willing to ship it?
[Reply]
NewChief 07:54 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by O.city:
Where is your store newchief? I'm wanting a case, be willing to ship it?
I think it's illegal as hell in Arkansas to ship across state lines, unfortunately.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:30 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I think it's illegal as hell in Arkansas to ship across state lines, unfortunately.
Grow a set and ship us some. UPS wouldn't care or report you.
[Reply]
NewChief 08:33 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Grow a set and ship us some. UPS wouldn't care or report you.
Sorry, bro. I work in a field that doesn't really allow me to break the law unless I want to completely screw myself.
[Reply]
shirtsleeve 08:40 PM 02-02-2012
Had a Founder's double trouble at a local beer pub and it was awesome.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/34146
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:57 AM 02-06-2012
My first impression of Chocolate Ale was disappointment.... it was better after letting it sit a while though. Not great, but after the first several drinks there was at least a burst of chocolate. Maybe it was just the bottle, or maybe it's better closer to room temp... :-)

After selling a couple at work, I have two left, so I'll try it again sometime.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:15 AM 02-06-2012
I finally got to try the BLVDs Sixth Glass last night (wanted the Chocolate Ale, but didn't find it in either of the two places I stopped). Very interesting brew. Very complex in flavor and aroma. It's one of those I'll drink one or two of and move on to something else. Was also sippin' on their Irish ale. And my Uncle gave me a Bud Light Platinum to try. After already having been in to the BLVDs, I couldn't even taste it. I've never been a big fan of Bud products any way.
[Reply]
Bump 11:37 AM 02-06-2012
picked up an Atwater holiday pack, it had 6 different beers

Dirty Blonde - not bad for that type of beer, light and refreshing with orange and coriander spice. Nothing special, had better.

Voodoo - doublebock, 9.5% abv. Advertised as "big, black and sweet" and it was pretty meh.

Cherry Stout - worst stout ever. Tasted like a flat cherry coke that someone peed in.

Winter bock - not bad, had better

IPA - meh

Verdict - Atwater isn't that great, Detroit brewery.
[Reply]
phisherman 11:45 AM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
My first impression of Chocolate Ale was disappointment.... it was better after letting it sit a while though. Not great, but after the first several drinks there was at least a burst of chocolate. Maybe it was just the bottle, or maybe it's better closer to room temp... :-)

After selling a couple at work, I have two left, so I'll try it again sometime.
It's better on tap.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 03:44 PM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I've got it down here in the DFW area. You ship me a 6 pack of FreeState Oatmeal Stout, and I'll ship you the Kona Porter.
Originally Posted by Silock:
!! ****ing DEAL.
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
I've got a bottle of it in my fridge now, coincidentally.

Also, I really love how a beer trade just went down in this thread. Makes me happy.
Silock hooked me up with that sixer of FreeState Oatmeal Stout, along with a couple Magic Hat #9s, a Hazed and Infuzed, and a Lagunitas Pale Ale.

Worked out pretty well from my view point. Anyone able to get their hands on BBQ? I'd work out a trade for it with something from Texas that you can't get in your area.
[Reply]
Page 84 of 382
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134184 > Last »
Up