ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 174 of 382
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:04 PM 06-17-2014
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
If you like that, try Founders All Day IPA if you can find it. My favorite session IPA so far.

Pop Up is my second favorite.
I've had it. Pretty good.
[Reply]
Reaper16 08:37 PM 06-17-2014
ISO: Boulevard Championship Ale. Plz.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 03:58 PM 06-18-2014
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
ISO: Boulevard Championship Ale. Plz.
Bunch in Topeka.
[Reply]
TimBone 06:11 PM 06-19-2014
I found 2013 and 2014 Saison-Brett in Houston today. Super pumped. Bought a few of each. Also, if anybody is willing to do a trade for that Championship Ale, I've got access to plenty of Texas beer while I'm here in Houston until tomorrow morning. It's a longshot, but if any body is interested, let me know. I'll check for replies when I get back from the Flying Saucer tonight.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 06:15 PM 06-19-2014
Originally Posted by Flybone McTimmerson:
I found 2013 and 2014 Saison-Brett in Houston today. Super pumped. Bought a few of each. Also, if anybody is willing to do a trade for that Championship Ale, I've got access to plenty of Texas beer while I'm here in Houston until tomorrow morning. It's a longshot, but if any body is interested, let me know. I'll check for replies when I get back from the Flying Saucer tonight.
I can't think of anything to trade, but if you need anything let me know. I just got some Love Child and Championship Ale today, they had plenty. Also had Rye on Rye, Saison, and the Stout (plus the rest of the regular series).
[Reply]
TimBone 06:28 PM 06-19-2014
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
I can't think of anything to trade, but if you need anything let me know. I just got some Love Child and Championship Ale today, they had plenty. Also had Rye on Rye, Saison, and the Stout (plus the rest of the regular series).
Man, I'd love to get my hands on some Championship Ale. I'm not traditionally a fan of American Wild Ales, but Love Child is highly rated. Is it worth sending me a bottle if I'm not a fan of the style?

Also, look on Untapp'd or Beer Advocate at Breweries like Karbach and Buffalo Bayou, and St Arnold. There's also 8th Wonder here, but I don't know much about it. I'd like to send you something in return since you've been so willing to hook me up.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 06:35 PM 06-19-2014
Man, I'd love to get my hands on some Championship Ale. I'm not traditionally a fan of American Wild Ales, but Love Child is highly rated. Is it worth sending me a bottle if I'm not a fan of the style?

Also, look on Untapp'd or Beer Advocate at Breweries like Karbach and Buffalo Bayou, and St Arnold. There's also 8th Wonder here, but I don't know much about it. I'd like to send you something in return since you've been so willing to hook me up.
sure, send me a PM with what you'd like. i haven't had Love Child yet myself, I picked some up for a buddy in KC who couldn't find it, and got a bottle of each for myself. The LC is a little spendy ($17.50)...
[Reply]
NewChief 07:09 PM 06-19-2014
Our state is looking to enact a law allowing 3rd party establishments (like grocery stores) to do growler fills. Kind of exciting and hoping that this will take off here. Growlers have gotten huge with all of our microbreweries and will be cool to have a "filling station" in some of the local stores.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 11:43 AM 06-20-2014
this is cool

http://www.seekabrew.com/distro/index.html
[Reply]
KC native 11:55 AM 06-20-2014

Love Child is phenomenal.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:59 AM 06-20-2014
I'm not one to do a Missouri getaway, but I'm heading to New Haven, MO next month for a night to hit up 2nd Shift Brewing. Probably a better trip in the fall, but the timing is right for me in July.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:10 PM 06-20-2014
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I'm not one to do a Missouri getaway, but I'm heading to New Haven, MO next month for a night to hit up 2nd Shift Brewing. Probably a better trip in the fall, but the timing is right for me in July.
Art of Neurosis is phenomenal.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:13 PM 06-20-2014
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Art of Neurosis is phenomenal.
Cool, that one shows as currently on tap. I was able to grab their Ratsalad and Cat Spit Stout here in KC, thought both were fantastic.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:21 PM 06-20-2014
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Cool, that one shows as currently on tap. I was able to grab their Ratsalad and Cat Spit Stout here in KC, thought both were fantastic.
Yeah, driving out to New Haven is about the only way to get AON anymore. Used to be hit-and-miss in stores, but I haven't seen it since January or February.

Katy is pretty solid as well.

When are you heading that way?
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:43 PM 06-20-2014
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Yeah, driving out to New Haven is about the only way to get AON anymore. Used to be hit-and-miss in stores, but I haven't seen it since January or February.

Katy is pretty solid as well.

When are you heading that way?
I'm thinking July 11th, but it's fluid due to a work trip I have in STL, which could get pushed to later in July. Katy is definitely on my list of beers to try.
[Reply]
Page 174 of 382
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Up