ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Water Only Fasting. No food for 10 days
Eureka 01:50 PM 01-21-2021
I'm currently on a water only type fast which means no food and only water. I plan on fasting for 10 days and I'm currently on day 7. I feel great right now physically and I'm just mentally thinking of food periodically lol but no real hunger pains. After day 3 I get a big boost of energy and I feel spry. My body feels younger with less drag if that makes sense. I'm able to complete all my daily tasks without being tired.

Last Thursday night I had my last meal (intake of calories) which consisted of Beef Broth. I weighed 238lbs that night and as of this morning I weighed in at 224lbs. I originally started fasting few years back due to a digestion issue the doctors couldn't figure out. A 7 day fast cured that medical issue and I've been doing a fast every year since. I think a lot of people should try water fasting at least once in their life. There are so many Medical benefits with water fasting.

CP'ers will be disappointed or maybe even happy for me in that I haven't taken a crap in 5 days.

Thought it would be cool topic for discussion. Anyone here tried or know of anyone trying this kind of fasting? Any health benefits happen?

EDIT: Added a documentary that is a must watch! It's very interesting information regarding the science of fasting. It shows what other countries do and it inspired me to do my first 7 day fast. Let us know what you think of the Documentary.

[Reply]
scho63 08:34 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
That's awesome. I just hope you're consulting your doctor in this. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against it, I'm just wanting you to do it safely and your doctor be in the know about how you've chosen to proceed.
Appreciate it. Doctors said go for it.
[Reply]
2112 08:37 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Appreciate it. Doctors said go for it.
Question: when you come off the fast do you gorge yourself? Or just eat normally?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:20 AM 02-04-2021
Weighed myself this morning and I'm down 13.4 pounds since Sunday night.

Mostly the loss is gut waste, a little water weight and a little fat.

From now on it will be only fat loss and much less weight every 3-4 days.

Feel great so far.
Don't you read the comments. You're going to lose all your muscle. When you're done you'll just be left with bones covered with Fat.
[Reply]
kepp 10:06 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
Question: when you come off the fast do you gorge yourself? Or just eat normally?
Neither, from my experience. You ease back into eating, especially if you've been on a longer fast. Amazon Prime video has a couple good documentaries on fasting.
[Reply]
Eureka 10:57 AM 02-04-2021
Just completing the first 72 hours. Feel great, staying hydrated and had sound sleep two nights in a row for the first time in a while.

No acid reflux and feel so less bloated.

Stomach grumbling from time to time but getting past easily.

Sunday night during Superbowl will be one full week with no food.

I'm excited and feel motivated to shed 100 pounds this year and get in the best shape of my life.

It's the reason I moved to Scottsdale on the first place.
Awesome! Scho keep it up and maybe it'll encourage some others to try it. I'll watch the documentary for encouragement during my fast. Have you watched it yet? For me the hardest days are the first 3-4. Once I'm past that it's easy sailing. 21 days is WOW and maybe one day I'll attempt that.

I'm down 12lbs total after my fast and working out since then.
[Reply]
Eureka 11:08 AM 02-04-2021
I start with beef/chicken broth which brings collagen back in the digestive system. Then a few hours later I'll have plain yogurt mixed with a slice of orange which gives the gut some culture/bacteria. Later in the evening I make a puree consisting of carrots, potato's, and red onion. All this is light on the stomach.

Def don't want to gorge yourself when breaking a fast. It's all about self control. By the 2nd day I can eat whatever I want.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:34 AM 02-04-2021
You guys that do these long fasts: do you work out at all during your fast? I don't see how you could get a decent workout in.
[Reply]
Eureka 11:50 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
You guys that do these long fasts: do you work out at all during your fast? I don't see how you could get a decent workout in.
A light workout if you feel like it. I usually go walking or a ride my bike. It's hard for the body to recover fast with an intense workout. In the documentary they show the people at the fasting retreats doing light exercise in the pool or on a treadmill.

While riding my bike I feel like I have energy but I'm not going up large hills or really long distances.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:55 AM 02-04-2021
Just take some sodium. You need electrolytes. Not fat, carbs or protein.

Chicken bouillon works.
[Reply]
scho63 12:54 PM 02-04-2021
No way and a bad idea.

You need to also be near the toilet as once you take a first small meal, your body tries to rid it out quickly. Oatmeal, or soup or cereal or toast. Light to start.
[Reply]
scho63 12:57 PM 02-04-2021
You can't and shouldn't work out. You'll tear down your muscles and have zero protein for repair.

Light stuff like walking, casual biking, simple swim or easy hike.

You do not want to sweat out your electrolytes or dehydrate yourself.

Just keep the heart moving.
[Reply]
scho63 11:02 AM 02-06-2021
Today is day 6 and I feel incredible.

5 solid nights of sleep with no acid reflux, energy level higher, more inspired and should easily complete another full week coming up.
Thursday was the toughest day and I nearly cracked. Had a lot of free time and passed about 20 of the restaurants I usually eat at.

Looking forward to more fat burning away.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:58 PM 02-06-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
A light workout if you feel like it. I usually go walking or a ride my bike. It's hard for the body to recover fast with an intense workout. In the documentary they show the people at the fasting retreats doing light exercise in the pool or on a treadmill.

While riding my bike I feel like I have energy but I'm not going up large hills or really long distances.
Thanks, that makes sense. I can see where a system flush might be good but personally not being able to work out full-go wouldn’t be a good trade off.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:02 PM 02-06-2021
You can't and shouldn't work out. You'll tear down your muscles and have zero protein for repair.

Light stuff like walking, casual biking, simple swim or easy hike.

You do not want to sweat out your electrolytes or dehydrate yourself.

Just keep the heart moving.
Thanks Scho. I was just curious, I’m not considering going that route. Doesn’t make sense for me but I wish you the best with it.
[Reply]
scho63 01:05 PM 02-06-2021
Thanks, that makes sense. I can see where a system flush might be good but personally not being able to work out full-go wouldn’t be a good trade off.
Can't work out when not taking on food. Too destructive and dangerous.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up