ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 717 of 2690
« First < 217617667707713714715716717 71871972072172776781712171717 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
BossChief 01:32 PM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
:-)

Those numbers you gave literally come out to a 106 QB rating.
I guess I never knew how to figure up QB rating.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 01:56 PM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
All quarterbacks throw interceptions. That doesn't mean Mahomes is inaccurate or some fungunner that makes bad decisions all over the place.
FYP! It's what he will do after throwing an interception that will make fans believe. Our opponent isn't going to turn every interception into a touchdown but I'll bet that Patrick will reciprocate with plenty of touchdown drives after he throws an interception.
[Reply]
Best22 02:02 PM 04-09-2018
If Mahomes throws 4500 yards next year (lol) can you imagine how it would feel to be Alex Smith and see that? When your career year you had to scrape out 4000 yards by building up to it for 12 seasons and finally getting over the hump through blood, sweat and tears?

And then that's worth 70m guaranteed?
He'd cry in all his $$$.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:21 PM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I guess I never knew how to figure up QB rating.
It's mostly the high ypa and the td/int.

I wouldn't be surprised if he threw double the interceptions you listed.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:28 PM 04-09-2018
How to calculate QBR
Originally Posted by :
Here's how each metric is calculated (remember that no score can be lower than zero or higher than 2.375, no matter how well or how poorly the QB throws):

1. Completion percentage: Subtract 30 from the percentage of passes that are thrown for completions, then multiply by .05.

2. Yards per attempt: Subtract yards per passing attempt by three, then multiply by .25.

3. Touchdown percentage: Multiply the percentage of touchdown passes per passing attempt by .2.

4. Interception percentage: Multiply the percentage of interceptions per passing attempt by .25, then subtract that number from 2.375.

The scores for each category are added together. That sum is divided by six and multiplied by 100, which converts it into a rating on a scale from zero to 158.3. A putatively average QB would receive a rating of 66.7 (1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4, and 4/6 * 100 = 66.7).

Or, you can use this calculator.

[Reply]
staylor26 03:08 PM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Being bad Brett Favre.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0UUeqvquXZI

Pat made some throws like that last year, but the Denver game showed a lot of improvement in that area. I think it was his shitty ass coaching from Kingsbury that never taught him any mechanics in college, so Andy had to start over in some areas.

I can’t remember who it was, but they mentioned that it was important that Andy got Pat early to work with him so he was taught properly immediately entering the NFL.

I think Aaron Rodgers is a good example of someone who learned the right way. He’s great bc he plays is aggressive when he needs to be whereas Favre just did whatever the hell he wanted and threw 20+ picks like 8 years of his career :-)

It’s probably the biggest area for Pat to improve and Andy has really hammered at ti, so next year will be interesting to see where he’s at.
This is just silly.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:21 PM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You do realize that Mahomes was compared to Brett Favre right? You do know that Favre has more INT’s than anyone in NFL history, more than 50 INT’s than the 2nd most QB with INT’s (George Blanda).

We need him to be more Aaron Rodgers than Brett Favre IMO. And I think he will be in time thanks to Andy Reid.
As I said before he doesn't possess Brett's ego/hubris when it comes to improvisational play.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 03:26 PM 04-09-2018
The way offenses are designed today it's much more about creating space and getting guys the ball in space. Mahomes will throw more interceptions than Alex Smith, yes. But it's not going to be something that's a major issue.
[Reply]
Best22 03:30 PM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
The way offenses are designed today it's much more about creating space and getting guys the ball in space. Mahomes will throw more interceptions than Alex Smith, yes. But it's not going to be something that's a major issue.
ANY new quarterback would throw more interceptions than Alex Smith

99% of QBs can't do what Smith did, and that's okay. A lot of those 99%ers are better than Alex Smith (Brees, Manning, Roethlisberger, etc).
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:44 PM 04-09-2018
Alex not throwing picks is partly to blame for him not throwing very many touchdowns.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 03:58 PM 04-09-2018
Alex not throwing picks is partly to blame for him not throwing very many touchdowns.
Yep. Alex is a one read QB. If his first read isn't there, he'll either check it down, throw it away, take a sack or run it. Most of his passes are 10 yards and under and he rarely throws into tight windows, which is one reason why he's always poor on 3rd downs & in the redzone.

Mahomes might triple Alex's INTs from last year his first few seasons while he learns what he can and can't do, but he'll more than make up for it because he's not just a one read QB like Alex. He has great field vision & goes through his progressions & instead of checking it down, throwing it away, taking a sack or running it, he'll hit that 2nd or 3rd read, he'll keep his eyes down the field while pressured and look to make a play.

And he'll attempt those tight windows throws like we've already seen him do numerous times and he'll be a HUGE upgrade over Alex on 3rd downs & in the redzone...which we've already seen as well.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:47 PM 04-09-2018
Peyton Manning once threw 55 touchdowns in a season. He also once threw 28 interceptions.

Alex's highs are 26 and 16.
[Reply]
aturnis 05:04 PM 04-09-2018
I never heard that, but I also don’t discount it happening.

I’ve been very busy the last year +.
Chose to spend the moment with family.
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 05:16 PM 04-09-2018
4600 yards passing
350 rushing (5 rushing TDS)
8.9ypa
33tds
8 ints
79 total qbr
92qb rating

I think those are fairly realistic if he stays healthy and the OL holds up.
I think 33 8 is something I would love but would even be happy with 33 16 realistically. A lot depends on the team if they are 9-7ish he could put up huge numbers but if the defense plays better somehow he may not have to. Esp if reid learns how to use hunt to bury teams when we are leading.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:43 PM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
As I said before he doesn't possess Brett's ego/hubris when it comes to improvisational play.
That’s the difference IMO. Guys like Favre were too egotistical and dumb (Favre didn’t know what the nickel defense was for a long time :-)) and guys like Cutler were selfish assholes who didn’t have passion for the game.

Pat is extremely coachable and has everything set up perfectly for him. Elite level weapons, elite level coaching, year to learn the system.

All signs point to him being a monster, but there will be some bumps in the road. Hopefully not too bad.
[Reply]
Page 717 of 2690
« First < 217617667707713714715716717 71871972072172776781712171717 > Last »
Up