ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 715 of 2690
« First < 215615665705711712713714715 71671771871972576581512151715 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:19 AM 04-08-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Was just going through Youtube to see what NFL media were saying last year about the QB's, and it's amazing how little they seemed to rate Mahomes!!. Everything was about "Trebisky, Kizer and Watson", and one guy even said.."It's a bad QB class and Kizer is the only one who is ready to start". It would be so great If the guy they completely ignored happened to be a generational talent!!!..man I hope the Gods are listening. I look at the current class and see people falling over themselves for Darnold and wonder If they even watched Pat's tape before he was drafted? Because the difference In class seems pretty obvious to me.
There is no Mahomes in this class. Mahomes has special arm talent. The QB gurus were all salivating over Mahomes and there was cone of silence not to speak about it to outsiders.

Sean Payton and Bruce Arians were going to draft him but luckily we sniped them!
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:04 PM 04-08-2018
I am so excited for the games this year, because they are going to be actually entertaining in ways we have never fully felt as Chiefs fans.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:52 PM 04-08-2018
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
There is no Mahomes in this class. Mahomes has special arm talent. The QB gurus were all salivating over Mahomes and there was cone of silence not to speak about it to outsiders.

Sean Payton and Bruce Arians were going to draft him but luckily we sniped them!
Tell me more about this cone of silence.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:04 PM 04-08-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Tell me more about this cone of silence.
There were a lot of teams that wanted Carson Wentz and thought they could steal him. I think that this time around the guys saw Mahomes and were careful to not talk.

The evidence of this is how ESPN & NFL Network had completely wrong information on Mahomes. Normally the talking heads get their information from the teams but right until a few weeks before the draft Mahomes was listed as a late 1 or 2nd round pick.

Even after Mahomes was drafted, the scouting reports were based on inaccurate information. Kiper made Mahomes sound like a big armed guy that just throws up the ball for grabs.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:17 PM 04-08-2018
Mahomes wasn’t even invited to the draft.

The nfl didn’t think he was a top player.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:22 PM 04-08-2018
There were a lot of teams that wanted Carson Wentz and thought they could steal him. I think that this time around the guys saw Mahomes and were careful to not talk.

The evidence of this is how ESPN & NFL Network had completely wrong information on Mahomes. Normally the talking heads get their information from the teams but right until a few weeks before the draft Mahomes was listed as a late 1 or 2nd round pick.

Even after Mahomes was drafted, the scouting reports were based on inaccurate information. Kiper made Mahomes sound like a big armed guy that just throws up the ball for grabs.
Thanks.
[Reply]
wasi 06:23 PM 04-08-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Mahomes wasn’t even invited to the draft.

The nfl didn’t think he was a top player.
I'm certain Mahomes has said he chose not to attend.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:21 PM 04-08-2018
Originally Posted by wasi:
I'm certain Mahomes has said he chose not to attend.
I never heard that, but I also don’t discount it happening.

I’ve been very busy the last year +.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:09 AM 04-09-2018
cant wait to see Mahomes start. gonna be fun to watch.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:36 AM 04-09-2018
Nice little read on NFL.com about our boy...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...eid-the-future
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:05 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Stryker:

... And that's the moment Patrick Mahomes became President.

"He made some plays, you saw him doing those no-look throws that he does in practice, and you kinda go -- well, that's practice. And he starts doing those in the game, you go, 'Whoa, that's something special,' " Reid said.

A play that stupid-good shouldn't happen. Mahomes shouldn't even try a throw like that while sprinting away from Von Miller. But it's a play that makes everyone who saw it -- including those in the Chiefs' building -- want to see more. It's the type of play that makes K.C. general manager Brett Veach call Mahomes "one of the best players I've ever seen." It makes Reid, wearing a salmon-colored, short-sleeve button-down shirt, walk through the meeting with as much swagger as any head coach.

[Reply]
Halfcan 08:22 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Stryker:

"Mahomes led a group of Chiefs backups to a 27-24 victory over the Broncos' starters, a tantalizing performance by the rookie that helped supply Reid with enough confidence to eventually trade away starting quarterback Alex Smith coming off the veteran's best NFL season."

There seems to be some misunderstanding by the Donk fans on here-concerning their starters playing. I hope this clears it up. :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:18 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I never heard that, but I also don’t discount it happening.

I’ve been very busy the last year +.
Yeah, he did receive an invite but stated that he wanted to stay in Texas where he could have as many family and friends around that he wanted to. I guess they are pretty limited at the draft.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:24 PM 04-09-2018

The inaccuracy persists to this day. Even now you can search "Mahomes" and "interceptions" and you will see the blatant lie that Mahomes throws picks.

I will scream from the mountain tops at the top of my lungs that Mahomes threw 10 interceptions in 591 attempts his senior year and those are NFL Probowl numbers.

And yet here these idiots are, saying Josh Allen is this year's Patrick Mahomes. Jeff Allen is a gigantic bust waiting to happen and couldn't throw the football into the ocean from the top of a ship's crow's nest.

vvvvvJOSH SORRY
[Reply]
BossChief 12:29 PM 04-09-2018
Jeff Allen would be a huge QB...
[Reply]
Page 715 of 2690
« First < 215615665705711712713714715 71671771871972576581512151715 > Last »
Up