ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 46
« First < 293536373839 40414243 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs focused on Mahomes, McCaffrey, and Cunningham in RD1
pugsnotdrugs19 02:02 PM 04-17-2017
SEE POST #11 FIRST

... the word in the Chiefs building is that they would like to trade up for QB Patrick Mahomes or RB Christian McCaffrey in the first round. If this falls through, he said they like ILB Zach Cunningham a lot as well.
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:39 AM 02-11-2020
I kind of feel like I should place a 50 gallon drum of flushable wet wipes in here.

...because a lot of you shit yourselves in this thread.
[Reply]
F150 10:46 AM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I kind of feel like I should place a 50 gallon drum of flushable wet wipes in here.

cant stop laughing
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:49 AM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Im not sold on Mahomes, but if the Chiefs are, then im all in.

via GIPHY

Please forgive me for my sins.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:52 AM 02-11-2020
And if he didn't have that issue, he'd be the #1 Overall. The only reason we can even discuss the guy is because he has some negative traits.

People are excited about him, and he's being talked about as a 1st round pick for all the reasons you carefully chose not to mention.
I agree, and it was certainly my initial concern with him.

I hate the "we can fix his mechanics" line, as that rarely ever works out. These guys are who they are.

What makes Mahomes intriguing is that, at times, he really makes his non-traditional mechanics work for him.

All of a sudden it goes from "shit mechanics" to "multiple throwing angles".

The more and more i think about it, the more i believe that it's not his mechanics that are the most concerning, it's whether or not he can pick up an NFL offense and read defenses quickly and effeciently.

IF he can read a defense, then those "poor mechanics" will start to look like "unique throwing angles", as he'll be able to anticipate his recievers coming open, not panic, and use his natural talent to deliver a strike. When you watch his college vids, accuracy isn't really an issue for him when he's playing relaxed.

If he can't, he'll mis-read defenders, panic, and force passes thus resulting into turnovers. All of a sudden, those poor mechanics will look like....well...poor mechanics, as the ball will sail etc, like most rushed, erratic, errant passes do.
Oh thank god i came around two days later....
[Reply]
TLO 11:00 AM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut:
Everyone talking about Mahomes like he's the next Cam Newton ( minus the meaningful wins, confidence, athletic ability, and accolades during college play )

And I hate Cam Newton.
:-)
Originally Posted by O.city:
Mahomes has smaller hands than the other guys IIRC.
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Chiefs DL drafted between 1st-3rd rounds, 2001-2009

3. Eric Downing (2001)
1. Ryan Sims (2002)
2. Eddie Freeman (2002)
2. Junior Siavii (2004)
1. Tamba Hali (2006)
2. Turk McBride (2007)
3. Tank Tyler (2007)
1. Glenn Dorsey (2008)
1. Tyson Jackson (2009)
3. Alex Magee (2009)

BUT DON'T YOU ****ING DARE SPEND 2 HIGH PICKS IN THE SPAN OF 3 DRAFTS ON THE QB POSITION! DON'T YOU DARE!
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
I will die laughing if Horsey pisses away a first on McCaffrey :-)

Poor man's, taller version of Woodhead
Originally Posted by F150:
cant stop laughing
[Reply]
Frosty 11:17 AM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by maninthemiddle:
I've got a bad feeling the top 3 QBs are gone by pick 13. I think AZ is the firewall for Mahomes. I'm going to assume the asking price to move up from 27 to 10-12 is a 1st and 2nd this year and a 1st next year. If they really love Mahomes they should pull the trigger.

Now if he makes it past AZ the next hurdle is beating Houston's trade offer. Us having a second rounder and theirs being traded away could have a big impact on if we land Mahomes or not.
I agree, and it was certainly my initial concern with him.

I hate the "we can fix his mechanics" line, as that rarely ever works out. These guys are who they are.

What makes Mahomes intriguing is that, at times, he really makes his non-traditional mechanics work for him.

All of a sudden it goes from "shit mechanics" to "multiple throwing angles".

The more and more i think about it, the more i believe that it's not his mechanics that are the most concerning, it's whether or not he can pick up an NFL offense and read defenses quickly and effeciently.

IF he can read a defense, then those "poor mechanics" will start to look like "unique throwing angles", as he'll be able to anticipate his recievers coming open, not panic, and use his natural talent to deliver a strike. When you watch his college vids, accuracy isn't really an issue for him when he's playing relaxed.

If he can't, he'll mis-read defenders, panic, and force passes thus resulting into turnovers. All of a sudden, those poor mechanics will look like....well...poor mechanics, as the ball will sail etc, like most rushed, erratic, errant passes do.
These two guys won the thread.

Originally Posted by Black Bob:
Trade up for Watson or Foster. Give our first four picks (1,2,3,3) to move into (#16-20 range). If they aren't there, trade back for 2018 first and second round picks to get us into position to try again for a QB next year.

We either need to get the QBOTF or a guy who could propel us to the Super Bowl this year.

I don't believe in Mahommes, Trubisky, or Kizer at all.
Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut:
Everyone talking about Mahomes like he's the next Cam Newton ( minus the meaningful wins, confidence, athletic ability, and accolades during college play )

And I hate Cam Newton.

There is a lot of stupid in this thread but these two guys - hoo boy.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:27 AM 02-11-2020
The funny thing is Black Bob and Tigger were known to be 2 of the bigger dumbasses on this board at the time. Top 5 for certain.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:36 AM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
I have said Mahomes to KC for awhile. They love him and I've heard the rumblings as well.
I prefer this BUMP over my absolute dogshit take on McCaffery. I was all in on Mahomes well before this too.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:37 AM 02-11-2020
Holy fuck I remember now on how bad Clay evaluated our savior :-)
[Reply]
notorious 11:38 AM 02-11-2020
Look at how Mahomes united us.

Wow.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:01 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
Mahomes makes no sense to me for the Chiefs

He is the exact opposite of what the Chiefs' offense is about.

Reid going to change his offense almost completely?

Mahomes is a spread-them-out-playaction-pass type offense, not WCO dink and dunk

McCaffrey would be a perfect fit for the Chiefs
Ouch
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:19 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:

What qualifies you to say that? Were you a big proponent of drafting Pat?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:19 PM 02-11-2020
Holy balls Laz has no clue how football works
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:25 PM 02-11-2020
KC takes McCaffrey and Smith is still a Chief.

Oof.
[Reply]
Frosty 12:29 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The funny thing is Black Bob and Tigger were known to be 2 of the bigger dumbasses on this board at the time. Top 5 for certain.
Oh, I know. It's just easy to forget how dumb they were if you never go to the Romper Room.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 46
« First < 293536373839 40414243 > Last »
Up