ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 46
« First < 273334353637 38394041 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs focused on Mahomes, McCaffrey, and Cunningham in RD1
pugsnotdrugs19 02:02 PM 04-17-2017
SEE POST #11 FIRST

... the word in the Chiefs building is that they would like to trade up for QB Patrick Mahomes or RB Christian McCaffrey in the first round. If this falls through, he said they like ILB Zach Cunningham a lot as well.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:16 AM 04-26-2017
One "national scout" told NFL Network's Ian Rapoport that Cal QB Davis Webb has "Dak [Prescott]-like intangibles."

Webb's buzz is growing as we close in on draft night, and Rapoport says he "wouldn't be surprised" if Webb comes off the board in Round 1, with the fifth-year team option for first-rounders likely playing an important role in that decision. Webb has been linked to the Browns at No. 33 overall if they miss out on Mitchell Trubisky. We'll likely see a handful of QBs taken Thursday night.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:21 AM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
I will die laughing if Horsey pisses away a first on McCaffrey :-)

Poor man's, taller version of Woodhead
Come on Meat. This guy's vision, balance, stop-start acceleration, and agility are incredible. He could start as a WR if a team wanted him to, he's that good at it.

Teams like Philly and KC, as an example, are going to love this kid because of how much they like to get their backs to the perimeter on outside zone and stretch plays.

I don't see him as Danny Woodhead, I see him as Marshall Faulk/Tiki Barber.
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:29 AM 04-26-2017
FWIW, the local radio station here is doing a call in mock w/beat writers from each team.

Dave Skreta just picked Deshaun Watson for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:30 AM 04-26-2017
The thing I can't stand about McCaffrey is his father. Not because he was a Bronco, that's just a cherry on top, but because they're both completely full of themselves, like they're God's gift to football. There's certain players that deserve to have an ego, or swagger, because they back it up, but I have a feeling of Peyton Hillis with McCaffrey, maybe a year or two of good Fantasy numbers, but a mediocre career at the end of it all. He'll make the cover of Madden due to fan vote and then get an injury afterwards and he'll never be the same.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:03 PM 04-26-2017
I can see Watsons haters now " 26 other teams passed on him so he must not be good"
[Reply]
BossChief 12:17 PM 04-26-2017
Watson and Mahomes would both breathe life into this franchise.

Both would be guys that would bring excitement like we haven't seen before.

If both are gone before we pick, they should load the defense up to pitch shutouts and kill QBs...punt the QB position till next year, maybe trading down to load up next year.
[Reply]
nychief 12:28 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
The thing I can't stand about McCaffrey is his father. Not because he was a Bronco, that's just a cherry on top, but because they're both completely full of themselves, like they're God's gift to football. There's certain players that deserve to have an ego, or swagger, because they back it up, but I have a feeling of Peyton Hillis with McCaffrey, maybe a year or two of good Fantasy numbers, but a mediocre career at the end of it all. He'll make the cover of Madden due to fan vote and then get an injury afterwards and he'll never be the same.

Peyton Hillis? Are you fucking kidding me? So far I've seen him compared to Danny Woodhead, Welkah and Peyton Fucking Hillis? Who is next... hmm. Bart Starr? He was white. Oh. JOHN RIGGINS... well, because, yeah, well... we covered that.

All bullshit aside, this guy is a superb athlete not some stiff FB turned HB... I think you'll all be surprised.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 12:33 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Injuries are the biggest concern about McCaffrey for me.

He is quick as fuck, no wasted movements.

I would sooner compare him to Tyreek Hill than Peyton Hillis.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:39 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
Injuries are the biggest concern about McCaffrey for me.

He is quick as fuck, no wasted movements.

I would sooner compare him to Tyreek Hill than Peyton Hillis.
Yup. 6.57 3-cone is no joke. Hill had a 6.53 for reference.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 01:11 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Yup. 6.57 3-cone is no joke. Hill had a 6.53 for reference.
He would be a luxury for us but I would take him in a heartbeat.

Everyone in KC loves Tyreek Hill, imagine having 2 of them on the field at the same time.

Hill
McCaffrey
Kelce
Maclin (hopefully the productive Maclin)
Ware (for some power to keep defender inside)

That's an offense that fits Andy Reid perfectly.

Lots of gadgets with tons of YAC.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:22 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I respect your football knowledge, but I completely disagree with any/all evaluations of Reddick that peg him as an elite player.

What is he?
4-3 DE?
3-4 ILB?
3-4 OLB?
SS?

I see poor instincts, bad pursuit angles, pile watching and slow eyes.
Tons of athleticism and some impressive splash plays, but his football iq is lacking.

I hope I'm wrong for Reddick's sake, but I see a Vernon Gholston here.
I think Reddick's issue, at least as you see it in terms of IQ, has been that he's rarely being used in a concrete roll. He was asked to do so many things at so many different times that he never got truly comfortable doing any of them, at least not on the mental side.

So he went out there and on pure athleticism and repetition was able to make himself a credible football player pretty much anywhere he played. Now take that base and put it in a single position and you'll see it explode.

Put him at either 4-3 OLB spots and you'll get a great player; someone that can rush the passer if asked and is comfortable in space due to his time in the middle. He may be just a tick stiff for the Sam but I think he could wreck shit in the Will in a 4-3.

In a 3-4 I'd love to see him attempted as a true Mike. He could be similar to Bobby Wagner in that he'd be comfortable in coverage but has the skills and technique to provide a credible threat to rush the passer.

But it's ironic given the news today that the guy he REALLY reminds me of is Daryl Washington. Washington, before he was suspeded, really was a do-it-all linebacker. Before his suspension, I thought Washington was among the best, most versatile interior linebackers in football. There wasn't anything he couldn't do on a football field. I think Reddick, if he ends up in the interior, can build on an extremely broad foundation to become on of the best inside linebackers in the game.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:53 PM 04-26-2017
Keep that focus on QB; nothing else matters.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:34 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by nychief:
Peyton Hillis? Are you ****ing kidding me? So far I've seen him compared to Danny Woodhead, Welkah and Peyton ****ing Hillis? Who is next... hmm. Bart Starr? He was white. Oh. JOHN RIGGINS... well, because, yeah, well... we covered that.

All bullshit aside, this guy is a superb athlete not some stiff FB turned HB... I think you'll all be surprised.
I think his rise and fall will be similar, a flash in the pan, to Peyton Hillis. Not his body size.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:42 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by nychief:
Peyton Hillis? Are you ****ing kidding me? So far I've seen him compared to Danny Woodhead, Welkah and Peyton ****ing Hillis? Who is next... hmm. Bart Starr? He was white. Oh. JOHN RIGGINS... well, because, yeah, well... we covered that.

Why would anyone be surprised..the myth that "white" players can't compete is pure BS.
[Reply]
nychief 08:47 PM 04-26-2017
Just think fellas...24 hrs from now we'll be at pick 4 of the first round.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 46
« First < 273334353637 38394041 > Last »
Up