ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs protect two practice squadders this week.
Direckshun 04:46 PM 09-22-2020
Last week, the Chiefs protected DT Braxton Hoyett, who is now on the 53 due to Khalen Saunders going on IR.

This week, the Chiefs are protecting two players:

RB Deandre Washington
DB Chris Lammons

Chiefs had injuries at both positions against the Chargers, with Darrel Williams and Antonio Hamilton both knocked out of the game.

I probably don't need to re-remind CP of who Washington is. In case you weren't aware, however, Lammons was on our practice squad all last year and is a bit in the Honey Badger mold, in that he plays safety with an emphasis on slot, so the article says.
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:51 PM 09-22-2020
I have a feeling Washington will do well if he ever gets his chance (this year,).. I know that's not the majority of thoughts around here, but most don't have my gifted football mind.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:54 PM 09-22-2020
I figured they'd call up Washington due to Williams' injury and hope he shows something to merit staying on the 53.

Not surprised about the safety, either because Thornhill is probably at about 75% and it shows.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:59 PM 09-22-2020
Washington getting cut was a shocker. It was equally stunning he cleared wavers. Kudos to Veach.
[Reply]
Direckshun 05:18 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I figured they'd call up Washington due to Williams' injury and hope he shows something to merit staying on the 53.

Not surprised about the safety, either because Thornhill is probably at about 75% and it shows.
Lammons is probably being protected for CB abilities. We may not Hamilton for the Ravens I’m which case we are essentially out of corners.
[Reply]
TRR 05:41 PM 09-22-2020

Wrong. Nothing to do with Thornhill.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:49 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by TRR:
Thornhill looks ruuuuuuuuusssssttttyyyyyy right now. He has missed so many tackles I lost count. I think he will get batter but he isn't sharp right now.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:58 PM 09-22-2020
Then you either haven't watched the games or you don't understand what you're seeing.

2020 Thornhill has been nothing like 2019 Thornhill.

Spagnuolo likes to move his guys around in the secondary and Lammons has some experience at safety and slot.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:00 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Lammons is probably being protected for CB abilities. We may not Hamilton for the Ravens I’m which case we are essentially out of corners.
I do not like what I've seen from Hamilton at all
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:10 PM 09-22-2020
Thornhill looks tentative. Really tentative. He gave up a big pass play to Ekeler that put LA inside the 5 because he flat out refused to get in the way.
[Reply]
TRR 06:12 PM 09-22-2020
Then you either haven't watched the games or you don't understand what you're seeing.

2020 Thornhill has been nothing like 2019 Thornhill.

Spagnuolo likes to move his guys around in the secondary and Lammons has some experience at safety and slot.

Imagine that! Coming off ACL surgery 9 months ago...he doesn’t look the same yet?

Lammons is insurance for Hamilton and Ward in case both cannot go. Nothing more.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:28 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Thornhill looks tentative. Really tentative. He gave up a big pass play to Ekeler that put LA inside the 5 because he flat out refused to get in the way.
Yep.

I think he's been rushed back to the field too soon and it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't reach 100% before January, if at all, this season.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:52 PM 09-22-2020
We can protect 4 players . Why aren't we doing that????
[Reply]
Hoover 07:20 PM 09-22-2020
Why are we not protecting our 38 year old third string QB?

Told ya!
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:42 PM 09-22-2020
Imagine that! Coming off ACL surgery 9 months ago...he doesn’t look the same yet?

Lammons is insurance for Hamilton and Ward in case both cannot go. Nothing more.
Youre the one arguing that the move isn't about Thornhill. No shit he had an ACL tear. No one is saying he didnt or acting like we should dump him cuz he isn't playing 100%.
[Reply]
staylor26 09-22-2020, 07:45 PM
This message has been deleted by staylor26.
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up