ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Dude implies the Chiefs cheated..
Mecca 12:44 PM 09-21-2020
I think this is laughable personally.

What does Townsend pick up after the kick?? https://t.co/Ve0pCWO4TR

— Matthew Stephenson (@Ya_Boy_Matty) September 21, 2020

[Reply]
tk13 03:50 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Wow.

One of the strongest legs in NFL history and he didn't make it to the end zone. He's probably 15 yards short on that one - hard to believe he got as much of it as he's capable of. Kicking into the wind probably didn't help much.

What dumb ass STs coach said "yeah, he can hit that?" Like, we know every game what Butker's capable of going either direction because he and Toub go out there, kick the hell out of a few balls and see what they do.

There's no WAY Janikowksi was nailing 'em from 76 heading that direction in warm-ups. What a stupid waste of time and I wish it would've been returned just to make the Raiders look like the unprepared assholes they are.
:-) Pretty much. I laugh every time I see that when the camera cuts to the field goal view and both teams are clear on the other side of the Raiders logo. That has to be one of goofiest things a team has ever done. I can't imagine what possessed them to even try it.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 03:52 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
:-) Pretty much. I laugh every time I see that when the camera cuts to the field goal view and both teams are clear on the other side of the Raiders logo. That has to be one of goofiest things a team has ever done. I can't imagine what possessed them to even try it.
Lane Kiffin
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:52 PM 09-21-2020
Best chance of ever doing that would be right before halftime. Especially if they could do the free kick rule. You see it every few years. If you fair catch a punt, you're allowed to do a free kick on the next play where the defense can't rush or block you. That would be the perfect time to try it.
Ooooh, I like that. I think that could very well happen at some point. With no rush he could kick it lower and longer.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:53 PM 09-21-2020
Cuz they knew Jafattass could heave it, but he'd never complete it. They figured "This would be epic if Janikowski makes it, and if he doesn't, oh well..."
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:54 PM 09-21-2020
Janikowski shared his GHB
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:59 PM 09-21-2020
I think in college Jan Stenerud attempted a 90 yard field goal or something like that. I don't remember the reason, but I think under some old college rules it was basically a live-ball punt and Stenerud could kick it further than the punter.
[Reply]
redfan 04:00 PM 09-21-2020
The mystery is solved!! Trippy saga.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:05 PM 09-21-2020
It's like he patted the turf as in thanking the Football God's for it going through. It's probably a kicker holders superstition to thank the Football God's.
[Reply]
srvy 05:30 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Wow.

One of the strongest legs in NFL history and he didn't make it to the end zone. He's probably 15 yards short on that one - hard to believe he got as much of it as he's capable of. Kicking into the wind probably didn't help much.

What dumb ass STs coach said "yeah, he can hit that?" Like, we know every game what Butker's capable of going either direction because he and Toub go out there, kick the hell out of a few balls and see what they do.

There's no WAY Janikowksi was nailing 'em from 76 heading that direction in warm-ups. What a stupid waste of time and I wish it would've been returned just to make the Raiders look like the unprepared assholes they are.
Jankowski was so out of shape he was probably gassed on his approach to the kick.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:57 PM 09-21-2020
Really bizarre. The way he picked it up, feels like he placed something. Do I care? Not particularly. Just don't do it again. Did he do this on the previous 2 game winners? I don't think he did. So why that one time?
[Reply]
DanT 06:05 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I think in college Jan Stenerud attempted a 90 yard field goal or something like that. I don't remember the reason, but I think under some old college rules it was basically a live-ball punt and Stenerud could kick it further than the punter.
Here's an old SI article about Stenerud that mentions the field goal attempt made with the ball placed three-yards deep in his own endzone, a 113-yard attempt. https://vault.si.com/vault/1968/11/0...a-strange-game
(In college, the goal posts had been "in the back" of the end zone since 1927. The NFL didn't move them there until 1974.) The article doesn't say what the rules were for a missed field goal. Even today, a field goal attempt can be recovered and returned within the field of play, but maybe in the old days, the field goal attempt was treated more or less like a punt, so missing one wasn't as bad for the kicking team, in terms of where the opponent gets to take over the ball as the current rules make it.

There's an interesting rule in NFL and high school football regarding fair catches, where a team that has just made a "fair catch" can execute a free kick (either as a punt or as a place kick) that can yield a 3-point Field Goal. The nice thing about it is that the defense has to start 10 yards away, so it yields a nice little advantage to a team like the Chiefs that has a terrific placekicker like Harrison Butker. We might end up winning a game one day because of that rule. :-)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_catch_kick
[Reply]
JimNasium 09:05 PM 09-21-2020
This girl live near you?
[Reply]
Valiant 09:34 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Shaid:
What exactly could have been put down to help there? A quarter to mark your spot on a golf green? Make no sense how there could be any implication of cheating there.
He popped his hand down to get up.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 09:59 PM 09-21-2020
ant man
[Reply]
jd1020 10:08 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Really bizarre. The way he picked it up, feels like he placed something. Do I care? Not particularly. Just don't do it again. Did he do this on the previous 2 game winners? I don't think he did. So why that one time?
Why "don't do it again"?

Is it illegal to mark a spot? Only thing I see is that tee's are against to rules in assisting field goal kicks. I don't see shit about marking where you want to place the ball.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up