ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Dude implies the Chiefs cheated..
Mecca 12:44 PM 09-21-2020
I think this is laughable personally.

What does Townsend pick up after the kick?? https://t.co/Ve0pCWO4TR

— Matthew Stephenson (@Ya_Boy_Matty) September 21, 2020

[Reply]
Jodi's Bareback 03:01 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Good detective work.

Did Colquitt do that, or is that a Tommy thing?
I didn't see Colquitt do it in any of the videos that I've looked at.
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 03:13 PM 09-21-2020
Did the Chiefs have 12 men on the field if Willie Gay walks on the field while the ball is on the way ?????? If the ref's had seen it, would they call it and make them kick from 63 yards ?
[Reply]
Wilson8 03:20 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
I hope they let let him boot a 68 or 70-yarder in a garbage-time situation.
10/25/2020 - Kansas City Chiefs @ Denver Broncos might be a good opportunity to try one of those 68 - 70 yard kicks.

Oh, and it might be kind of hard to use that troll doll marker since the tummy height might count as a tee. The quarter in the picture might be more like what they use.
[Reply]
tk13 03:25 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
I hope they let let him boot a 68 or 70-yarder in a garbage-time situation.
Best chance of ever doing that would be right before halftime. Especially if they could do the free kick rule. You see it every few years. If you fair catch a punt, you're allowed to do a free kick on the next play where the defense can't rush or block you. That would be the perfect time to try it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:29 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Best chance of ever doing that would be right before halftime. Especially if they could do the free kick rule. You see it every few years. If you fair catch a punt, you're allowed to do a free kick on the next play where the defense can't rush or block you. That would be the perfect time to try it.
Here's the thing, though - what are the odds that there's so little time on the clock that Andy doesn't take a shot?

I mean lets say for shit's and giggles they're punting from their own 10 and sky one to prevent a return so it's hanging there at the 50 and the fair catch is called.

If there's even 8 seconds left in that half, Andy's gonna give Mahomes a shot to pick up 10 yards. With no timeouts he might STILL try it.

It may happen someday, but those are pretty long odds. Andy's just so aggressive and has so much faith in Mahomes to not do anything stupid that I can't see him taking that free kick opportunity unless the clock's at 0:00 and at that point he might just have Toub send a punt block and not have anyone deep at all.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 03:30 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I hope Andy gives him a shot sometime this year when we have a game in hand where the line of scrimmage is our side of the 50.
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:33 PM 09-21-2020
Who gives a crap what some twitter rando says, why is this a thread?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:33 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
I hope Andy gives him a shot sometime this year when we have a game in hand where the line of scrimmage is our side of the 50.
Phew. That's.....far.

I mean that's 11 yards further back. Looks like that ball was snapped right from the Charger 40, doesn't it? Seems like the official scorer said from the 41 but in either event, a ball that he kicked the ever loving shit out of that traveled as true as you'll ever see that kind of kick travel....I STILL don't think it cleared by 10 yards.

Guy says he can do it at 70 and has in practice, but man - I don't think the one he drilled yesterday is good from that far and I'm just not sure how much harder/cleaner he can kick a ball.

That was just nuts on.
[Reply]
tk13 03:34 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
One of my favorite highlights was when the Raiders tried a 76 yarder with Janikowski. Didn't come close, but it was completely ridiculous and hilarious because everyone is lined up 12 miles away from the field goal camera.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:34 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Who gives a crap what some twitter rando says, why is this a thread?
Well...I mean...we all learned something.

Evidently Townsend does utilize a ball marker and evidently they are legal.

So this thread has been a hell of a lot more informative than most of 'em.

Let Mecca have this one. He doesn't get a lot of dubs...
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:37 PM 09-21-2020
It protects the grass from Butker's nuts digging a trench on his swing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:38 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
One of my favorite highlights was when the Raiders tried a 76 yarder with Janikowski. Didn't come close, but it was completely ridiculous and hilarious because everyone is lined up 12 miles away from the field goal camera.
Wow.

One of the strongest legs in NFL history and he didn't make it to the end zone. He's probably 15 yards short on that one - hard to believe he got as much of it as he's capable of. Kicking into the wind probably didn't help much.

What dumb ass STs coach said "yeah, he can hit that?" Like, we know every game what Butker's capable of going either direction because he and Toub go out there, kick the hell out of a few balls and see what they do.

There's no WAY Janikowksi was nailing 'em from 76 heading that direction in warm-ups. What a stupid waste of time and I wish it would've been returned just to make the Raiders look like the unprepared assholes they are.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:45 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Jodi's Bareback:
I didn't see Colquitt do it in any of the videos that I've looked at.
I dunno, dude's a rookie, maybe they have him using one until he is accurate enough without it. It's a ball marker, nothing more. Maybe he should just use a Sharpie next time to allay any suspicions...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:46 PM 09-21-2020
Side note - are we sure that Tommy Townsend actually has a strong leg?

Like, I read a lot about the new hotness rookie punter and this booming leg he has, but he's had the chance to really uncork a couple and so far he's hit one for 55 that had no loft to it at all and and another one that was, what, 44 with some actual hang?

I was going to expect/ignore a handful of touchbacks more than normal because he's young and placing them isn't easy. But I figured we'd make a little up on the back end w/ a dude that has Jack Fox's leg out there (because Fox, when we had him in camp, was capable of bombing the shit out of them).

For a dude that has a leg that's supposed to be able to flip the field, I haven't seen any real thunder in it at all. A flat 55 yarder or 45 with arc is really damn average.

Hopefully he's just getting his timing down or something because he ain't very good right now.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:50 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Side note - are we sure that Tommy Townsend actually has a strong leg?

Like, I read a lot about the new hotness rookie punter and this booming leg he has, but he's had the chance to really uncork a couple and so far he's hit one for 55 that had no loft to it at all and and another one that was, what, 44 with some actual hang?

I was going to expect/ignore a handful of touchbacks more than normal because he's young and placing them isn't easy. But I figured we'd make a little up on the back end w/ a dude that has Jack Fox's leg out there (because Fox, when we had him in camp, was capable of bombing the shit out of them).

For a dude that has a leg that's supposed to be able to flip the field, I haven't seen any real thunder in it at all. A flat 55 yarder or 45 with arc is really damn average.

Hopefully he's just getting his timing down or something because he ain't very good right now.
All that hair is causing too much excess drag.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up