ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Reid's Press Conference - Calls out Soren Petro
Dante84 11:12 AM 09-21-2020
Never heard Andy drop the hammer on someone during a Press Conference like this. It wasn't over the top, but it was a zinger.

Soren asked a long two part question, the first part was asking about if we were over-confident/cocky and figured we had enough time to catch up at the end.

Andy chuckled and rolled his eyes a bit, and when Petro finished his long ass questions, Andy responded with something like:

"I'm still irritated about your question about Tyreek taking his helmet off yesterday, and expect more professional questions. As for your first question, again I expect you to ask better, more professional questions.

:-)

It's at the 4:30 mark, and enjoy the death glare when Reid finishes answering

[Reply]
Simply Red 03:21 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
The key is how Soren asked, with built-in assumptions. It was too casual, too informal, and as Reid stated, not very professional.
It's not what you say - it's how you say it - as the saying goes.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:42 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Petro is getting old and cranky. He went off on KU a couple weeks ago about covid cases on the football team and not being transparent. The problem was that he misread the release and it didn't say what he thought it said.

He’s unlistenable anymore.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:42 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I haven’t been able to listen to Petro since Covid started. He’s been awful pretty much all year.

Same
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:47 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Maybe I saw it differently but it looked like Tyreek’s helmet was knocked loose during the play and he removed it accordingly.

That’s the way I saw & I guess the official thought the same thing.
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:14 PM 09-21-2020
that Sal Paolantonio is a piece of shit - he walked off the radio set here on an Atlanta sport's talk show, over something very trivial - the host was busting his balls a little. Wonder if the audio is out there - If i find it - I'll post it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:19 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
He’s unlistenable anymore.
During football season i pretty much just spend the mornings listening to the 810 replays of their show. I'll pick and choose Chiefs-related segments.

I tried that after Week 1 and NONE of them were worth a damn. The morning guys are still decent but man, Petro's shot.

Kietzmann screwed Petro's pooch because Soren just isn't a 'muckraker' type. He's not a good shit disturber. He's a guy who needs to be the straight man; the 'pros pro' so to speak.

But with Kietzmann costing them the catbird seat with the Chiefs, he's gotta take a different approach to remain relevant and it's just not in his wheelhouse.

Yeah, he's pretty bad and it's just because he's been mis-cast in the role the station (or I guess on his own) is trying to get him to play. They need a guy who's kindof a dickhole like Nick Wright was to counter him, and frankly he was better suited to his mid-morning slot as well.

He absolutely deserved the drive-time shot to replace KK but I think 810 would be wise to get him back to the 9 hour and find someone else to put back in the afternoons. This isn't going to work out for him, IMO.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:21 PM 09-21-2020
I know no one cares about soccer but their coach peter vermes mad is the scariest thing ever.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 04:27 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
That’s the way I saw & I guess the official thought the same thing.
I noticed he didn't have to remove the chin strap. Came off quick. Refs were good with it otherwise they always call that.
[Reply]
sedated 04:34 PM 09-21-2020
I guess I'm in the minority but it seems like everyone here has Chiefs colored glasses on today and defending the coach. KC came out and looked like dogshit yesterday, and the game day thread will prove that, and I guarantee most people would agree if KC didn't end up with the W.

Hill's helmet might have loosened, but the way the refs were calling it, I would not be surprised to see a flag on that. Hardman's play was also stupid. Given everything combined, Petro's question(s) were fair.

(Now, if this was all about Fescoe instead of Petor, I would just say that guy is an embarrassment and should be fired, but no one would care because that guy is a moron.)

Edit to add: this is partially a factor of being in KC over a place like NY, Philly, etc. Coaches/players in those markets get torn apart daily for doing a lot less.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 04:39 PM 09-21-2020
Maybe Andy was pissed that the refs were fucking us all day and this asswipe keeps wanting to revisit the one play where the refs might have let one slide in our favor.
[Reply]
FAH-Q 04:43 PM 09-21-2020
I don’t necessarily agree that getting pissy with Petro was needed, but I also don’t find a correlation between coming out flat and what Hill did with his helmet. As others have stated, I believe Reid was more pissed at the inference Petro was trying to draw, but to me it was a very weak connection to try and make. There were numerous other examples he could have used to make his point the Chiefs looked flat, least of which would be the absolutely inept tackling and pass protection. That game was what I expected week 1, from players and refs.
[Reply]
jallmon 04:55 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL levy a fine.
If nothing else, to cover their asses for not throwing the flag. The NFL is probably getting much feedback from that blown call.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:57 PM 09-21-2020
Also reek's helmet was coming off but it is not that hard to put it back on. He wanted his face out there with them backstreet highlights.
[Reply]
eDave 05:11 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
that Sal Paolantonio is a piece of shit - he walked off the radio set here on an Atlanta sport's talk show, over something very trivial - the host was busting his balls a little. Wonder if the audio is out there - If i find it - I'll post it.
Andy's been pretty salty towards Sal too.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:14 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I'm still awaiting an answer as to why it's allowable for the Chargers to headhunt and go helmet to helmet on the side of Sammy Watkin's head to knock him out and what is going to be done about that. I could give less than a **** about Tyreek taking his helmet off after one of the greatest throws and catches you'll see this year.
Not that it has anything to do with Petro, but if I had to guess, that's probably what Reid is actually upset about today. He certainly seemed to be last night.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up