ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Reid's Press Conference - Calls out Soren Petro
Dante84 11:12 AM 09-21-2020
Never heard Andy drop the hammer on someone during a Press Conference like this. It wasn't over the top, but it was a zinger.

Soren asked a long two part question, the first part was asking about if we were over-confident/cocky and figured we had enough time to catch up at the end.

Andy chuckled and rolled his eyes a bit, and when Petro finished his long ass questions, Andy responded with something like:

"I'm still irritated about your question about Tyreek taking his helmet off yesterday, and expect more professional questions. As for your first question, again I expect you to ask better, more professional questions.

:-)

It's at the 4:30 mark, and enjoy the death glare when Reid finishes answering

[Reply]
chinaski 12:45 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
810 is 100% salty that the Chiefs moved over to 610 with their stuff the same way they were salty they let the Royals go right before they got good.

Well, if Kietzman wasn't such an asshole and refrained from personal attacks against the Head Coach of the football team you had a contract with, maybe it would have never happened.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:46 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Well, if Kietzman wasn't such an asshole and refrained from personal attacks against the Head Coach of the football team you had a contract with, maybe it would have never happened.
They sold themselves as the local guys vs national company forever, so when the sports teams don't pick them they get all pissy.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 12:53 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by chinaski:

I would agree with this....I also remember when Petro first came on with Don Fortune. Kind of the same situation. Local guy trying to make a quick name for himself threw out a lot of garbage to grab attention. I suppose it worked. Fortune retired and Petro took over...along with Kietzman.

Worked fairly well for a number of years until slowly, but surely, egos started coming into play.

I never really had a problem with Kietzman (but screw his golf shows :-)) and Petro began to grow on me (I guess) - but they have screwed the pooch.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:55 PM 09-21-2020
Don't fault soren for doing his job and Andy Reid gives you nothing for soundbites or insight. Same old shit. I Will have to look at the tape. I got to do better that is on me.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:55 PM 09-21-2020
If reek gets 15 there we don't go for 2 so that question is huge
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:57 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I don't understand why Hill's helmet is a big issue. I get that technically if a player takes off their helmet that's supposed to be a penalty, but seriously, when was the last time they called that in a game? I'm struggling to remember an exact incident in the last two years.
It’s been more than a few years, but I imagine Dwayne Rudd has strong opinions on this one.
[Reply]
FAX 01:00 PM 09-21-2020
He may be a little weary after the flight back and irritated about the NFL's C-19 rules for team travel (which he just experienced for the first time).

Nevertheless ... to me?

Wally has his game-face on.

That's all this is.

No more Mr. Nice Wally ... prior to MNF, at least.

I, for one, am glad to see it. Pissed Off Wally is a powerful, motivating force.

And Petro can suck it.

FAX THE GLAD TO SEE IT
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:02 PM 09-21-2020
If people are going to cry on the Watkins hit then they got to cry about the Wilson hit as well. Dude came in wild as fuck ans launched himself
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 01:06 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
What's weird here is a lot of the players during the game seemed in a bad mood , and now Andy also.

Maybe it's because they were having a tough time with the Chargers, but it just seems like something was out of kilt.
Playing a road game for the first time with all of the NFL's COVID-19 restrictions maybe.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:17 PM 09-21-2020
1. It is a tough line to walk in sports media with asking "unappreciated" questions and keeping a friendly relationship with the team. If Soren is going to ask such questions, he should word them very carefully and expect such a response.

2. Soren did not ask the Tyreek Hill helmet question twice. He asked it last night and Andy was still pissed for today’s meeting with the press.

3. The NFL helmet rule is to protect players from injury by making players keep their helmets on, on field of play.

4. Tyreek Hill’s helmet would have stayed on had he not reached up and removed it.

5. It was a good no call by the refs. Hill had just made a spectacular catch and touchdown by diving, spinning, and rolling into the end zone with upper body and head smashing on the ground. Without reviewing and watching it several times, it was right for the refs to assume the helmet had come off or was twisted by the fall and needed to be adjusted.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:22 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
This entire forum was commenting on what appeared to be a lack of focus and drive yesterday. The game day thread was filled with similar comments. Yes, there is a large difference between a post-game presser and a message board, but let’s not act like this is some out of left field question.

In the entire history of game threads with heavy favorites getting a tough game, there has never not been those types of comments.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:22 PM 09-21-2020
The key is how Soren asked, with built-in assumptions. It was too casual, too informal, and as Reid stated, not very professional.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:25 PM 09-21-2020
It’s one thing to say, “Coach, what’s your take on why this game was as close as it was?” Or “Can you take us through the Tyreek play, specifically in regards to his helmet coming off or being taken off?”

Vs

“It seemed like the guys weren’t focused and came in a little cocky. Why was Tyreek undisciplined on that TD play, and Hardman on that interception?”
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 01:29 PM 09-21-2020
The death stare, fucking :-)
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 01:32 PM 09-21-2020
Not sure why Petro even participates in these press conferences... he's an opinion-driven talkshow host, not a reporter.

These press conferences aren't meant as forums to editorialize/to ask opinion-based questions, as Petro regularly does.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up