ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Reid's Press Conference - Calls out Soren Petro
Dante84 11:12 AM 09-21-2020
Never heard Andy drop the hammer on someone during a Press Conference like this. It wasn't over the top, but it was a zinger.

Soren asked a long two part question, the first part was asking about if we were over-confident/cocky and figured we had enough time to catch up at the end.

Andy chuckled and rolled his eyes a bit, and when Petro finished his long ass questions, Andy responded with something like:

"I'm still irritated about your question about Tyreek taking his helmet off yesterday, and expect more professional questions. As for your first question, again I expect you to ask better, more professional questions.

:-)

It's at the 4:30 mark, and enjoy the death glare when Reid finishes answering

[Reply]
srvy 02:06 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Well, if Kietzman wasn't such an asshole and refrained from personal attacks against the Head Coach of the football team you had a contract with, maybe it would have never happened.
But what it got to do with Soren. If I remember right Soren criticized Keitzman's comments.

I do think Petro's questions were dumb after the game press conference. Then to repeat them the next day was like he had nothing and should have done some homework.
[Reply]
tk13 08:03 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Speaking of Petro, did anybody catch his call with Schefter yesterday? Towards the end of the call, Soren asked Schefter what he thought of the Death Star nickname that is being used for the LV stadium. Schefter had to ask what the Death Star was a reference to.

I mean, I’m not a huge Star Wars nerd, but it’s still somewhat shocking to me when a guy over the age of 16 hasn’t seen it. Even accepting that there are folks out there who haven’t seen it, to not know the Death Star at least trivially is mind blowing to me.
He's a guy who makes a million bucks a year by spending 26 hours a day touching base with every front office in the league and being on Twitter. I would bet his pop culture knowledge is absolutely terrible. ESPN literally doesn't let him drive, they send a driver for him to go everywhere so he can spend more time on his phone.
[Reply]
Third Eye 08:11 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
He's a guy who makes a million bucks a year by spending 26 hours a day touching base with every front office in the league and being on Twitter. I would bet his pop culture knowledge is absolutely terrible. ESPN literally doesn't let him drive, they send a driver for him to go everywhere so he can spend more time on his phone.
Sure, but I mean, I doubt that was the case when he was 13. Well, I hope not at least.
[Reply]
tk13 08:19 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Sure, but I mean, I doubt that was the case when he was 13. Well, I hope not at least.
He was probably too busy working the rotary phone lines trying to break what next week's school lunch menu would be.

"Sloppy Joes? I'm hearing from my sources that Monday is going to be Salisbury Steak. Can you confirm?"
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:46 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
How much of this has to do with past issues with Soren Petro and 810? Things like how Petro treated Hill during his trying times.
Andy is very protective of his players, so you know he hasn't forgotten all the crap that Tyreek had to put up with from the media.
[Reply]
redfan 08:12 AM 09-23-2020
While I haven't listened to sports radio in KC for years, when I did tune in I listened to Petro. He always seemed to have the most level-headed takes, even if it was maybe slightly boring radio.
I've said for a few years that KC sports talk on the radio was shit, but I always attributed it to the local teams not being very competitive for years on end.
We never seem to get good coverage of the college teams neither. It kinda boggles the mind; with all of the pro and college teams in the general area one would think there would be a non-stop fountain of stories to cover. Does negativity sell radio ads?
It seems to be the trend in broadcast media.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:40 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Andy's not exactly Tom Coughlin or some other always pissed off/angry coach, but sometimes we just think, "Oh, he will treat everybody with respect no matter who they are or what they've done/said."

No, he's a human being just like all of us, and he also has a limit for how much shit he's willing to take. And while he won't yell or scream at someone, he will certainly let them know in his own quiet way that they screwed up big time by getting on his bad side.

That postgame interview with Sal Paolantonio after the return-to-Philly game in 2013 comes to mind. That was just weird to watch. Andy clearly had a grudge against Sal for how he dragged him through the mud in Philly. The other instance that comes to mind was some playful ribbing he threw Colin Cowherd's way this summer. Andy and Colin are friends as far as I know (or at least about as friendly as a coach and media guy can get), but when Colin was all, "Denver is my darkhorse pick to upset the Chiefs in the West," Andy did what coaches don't usually do-- he addressed it, and that Denver pick was from a segment from a completely different show. It was more as a joke that he brought it up, but still, you can tell deep down he was a little like, "I'll show you, dumbass."

There was no joke or passive aggression here. This was 100% direct. "If you're not going to treat this seriously, then I'm not giving you my respect. Quit wasting my time, then we'll talk."

I back Andy 100% on this interaction.
I Kind of feel like Petro was just doing his job. Not many people in Kansas City ask tough questions like they do in other markets. Soren does that, but he also still lobs the softball questions and the all praise questions. TBH, I feel like Soren is the most unbiased radio guy we have. Sometimes he's a little I know it all, but he's good.

At the same time, I like Andy sticking for for his guys and I think it was wrong to think Tyreek deserved a penalty. His momentum from the somersault was already making his helmet come off.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:59 AM 09-24-2020
Soren today asking Coach Reid a question

"You had mentioned the lack of crowd for the Monday night game. Tyreek had commented on it being a reason for the slow start against the Chargers. How much do you attribute that to the slow start on Sunday?"

I was just cringing as he asked it lol.
[Reply]
wazu 11:10 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

"You had mentioned the lack of crowd for the Monday night game. Tyreek had commented on it being a reason for the slow start against the Chargers. How much do you attribute that to the slow start on Sunday?"

Ha! Gotta give him credit for not letting up. Soren pissing Reid off might just make these press conferences worth watching again.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 11:11 AM 09-24-2020

So is he(Soren) targeting Tyreek? Trying to get him bad press? Does he blame Andy and Reek on his suckiness? Or is he just a dumbass? Inquiring minds want to know.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:17 AM 09-24-2020

He should seriously consider killing himself.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:50 PM 12-11-2020
Today, Petro pissed off Tyreek.

He asked in a snarky-ass, leading way if Tyreek was talked to by Reid about his backflips this week, and if maybe Tyreek should be doing those *after* he scores, and if he would keep that in his repertoire.

Tyreek responded with - "Man, I feel like all your questions are just, like, [bleahhh]."
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:52 PM 12-11-2020
Soren is terrible
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 01:55 PM 12-11-2020
This is why we can't maintain anything nice
[Reply]
Pants 02:04 PM 12-11-2020
Anyone who's any good in this sports radio biz ends up moving to larger markets. This is what we get for being a small market.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Up