ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 57
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens
TLO 05:50 PM 09-20-2020
Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday
[Reply]
RJ 07:45 PM 09-20-2020
Ravens lost Tavon Young for the season today. His replacements are a big drop in talent. Advantage Mahomes.
[Reply]
Coach 07:45 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Baltimore can’t get pressure with just 4 like the Chargers did, not consistently.

Should be more points scored on both sides.
The problem I am having right now, even though supposedly Pennel will be back, it still does not address the LB issue.

Unless Spags realize that Ben Niemann is not the answer, I most certainly would not want Niemann spying against Lamar Jackson. That won't end well.

I also am hopeful that Clark is fine. I know it said illness, I just hope it isn't that same illness that made him lost weight during the beginning of the 2019 season (on top of that neck injury, if I recall).
[Reply]
Chief Northman 07:45 PM 09-20-2020
Be great to get Pennel back, but I never thought I’d miss Ragland - the Chiefs linebackers are complete ass. Missed tackles, blitzing right into bodies, bad pursuit angles - atrocious. That heavy run offense in Baltimore will be a handful unless the D line can keep the second level relatively clean.

Chris Jones was a huge disappointment today. He did not give a shit on most running downs, and was turning his back to O-linemen and easily getting washed. He got a couple pressures but then ends up taking a stupid penalty that luckily was not terribly costly. This guy needs to be an every down player because he sure as hell is paid like one. I’m pretty sure he’s going to get called out by Daley and Spags. Frank Clark sick? I guess it can happen, but it would be nice if this guy could get right for an entire campaign. Thornhill is nowhere near game shape yet, and Sorenson has struggled tackling. The Chiefs are going to need a Herculean effort to come out of Baltimore with a win next week.

Take the W and run. Hopefully the Chiefs get some bodies back from the injury list this week.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:46 PM 09-20-2020
We've had Baltimore's number for years. I don't see that changing this year.
[Reply]
RJ 07:46 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Tavon Young was starting over Marlon Humphries or Marcus Peters? He is their 4th CB behind those 2 and Jimmy Smith.
He was their slot corner.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:47 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
The problem I am having right now, even though supposedly Pennel will be back, it still does not address the LB issue.

Unless Spags realize that Ben Niemann is not the answer, I most certainly would not want Niemann spying against Lamar Jackson. That won't end well.

I also am hopeful that Clark is fine. I know it said illness, I just hope it isn't that same illness that made him lost weight during the beginning of the 2019 season (on top of that neck injury, if I recall).
DOD is the spy LB. He will see more time against the Ravens.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:49 PM 09-20-2020
The story today was more about the offense than the defense. Next week will be the same story.

If the offense plays well, we win.
[Reply]
Coach 07:50 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
DOD is the spy LB. He will see more time against the Ravens.
Truthfully, at this point, I would rather roll the dice with DOD at this point forward, because Niemann's speed is a major liability. Worse, he can't even tackle.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:51 PM 09-20-2020
Maybe they’re planning to use Gay more against Baltimore’s personnel? :-)

They can’t expect to contain Baltimore with the lack of athleticism currently at LB.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:58 PM 09-20-2020
This will be the most hyped Chiefs regular season game since probably the Rams two years ago.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:01 PM 09-20-2020
I just don’t see Mahomes shitting the bed in this situation on Monday Night Football against a pretty average defense.

Let’s see if that Baltimore offense can keep up with what we’re about to do. Andy knows how important this game is, especially with the new playoff format.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:04 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I just don’t see Mahomes shitting the bed in this situation on Monday Night Football against a pretty average defense.

Let’s see if that Baltimore offense can keep up with what we’re about to do. Andy knows how important this game is, especially with the new playoff format.
It’s very likely for the AFC HFA, barring too many significant injuries to either team moving ahead
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:07 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
It’s very likely for the AFC HFA, barring too many significant injuries to either team moving ahead
I agree. Winning this game is basically a 2-game lead.

I don’t see another AFC team that is really going to challenge for it.

Maybe the Patriots? Maybe the Steelers? Those both feel like stretches right though.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:08 PM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Every game is important these days. That did not prevent KC from sleep-walking for 3 quarters today. They won’t be able to get away with that against Baltimore, New England, & Buffalo.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:09 PM 09-20-2020
Entering the game as 3 point dogs. Disrespectful.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 57
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Up