ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 57
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens
TLO 05:50 PM 09-20-2020
Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:32 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
It’s strictly number one.

He’s the designated “Mahomes hater” on the show and Shannon is the designated Mahomes lover.
Probably this is correct.

When they started that show, you have to remember that Sharpe had no experience with the format. He was the newbie. And I remember watching some of those early shows and Skip ALWAYS took the harder position, while Sharpe always took the popular position. That made sense, because Skip was the veteran talking head and journalist/analyst, while Sharpe was just a talkative athlete.

In the very recent past I've seen Sharpe take the tougher POV on occasion, but still on the most controversial stuff, Skip usually takes the least popular positions.

And on TV they act like they might not be friends sometimes, but I've seen clips of Sharpe, and he speaks about Skip as not only a mentor and a good partner, but as his best friend, someone he truly admires and respects. Heck, they have dinner at each other's homes on a regular basis.

And I've seen Skip absolutely praise Mahomes in behind the scenes clips. But it serves his show for him to criticize Mahomes; it draws a lot of attention. That translates into dollars.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:39 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Probably this is correct.

When they started that show, you have to remember that Sharpe had no experience with the format. He was the newbie. And I remember watching some of those early shows and Skip ALWAYS took the harder position, while Sharpe always took the popular position. That made sense, because Skip was the veteran talking head and journalist/analyst, while Sharpe was just a talkative athlete.

In the very recent past I've seen Sharpe take the tougher POV on occasion, but still on the most controversial stuff, Skip usually takes the least popular positions.

And on TV they act like they might not be friends sometimes, but I've seen clips of Sharpe, and he speaks about Skip as not only a mentor and a good partner, but as his best friend, someone he truly admires and respects. Heck, they have dinner at each other's homes on a regular basis.

And I've seen Skip absolutely praise Mahomes in behind the scenes clips. But it serves his show for him to criticize Mahomes; it draws a lot of attention. That translates into dollars.
Absolutely. It’s a debate show, people. The entire premise of the show is that they don’t agree. That’s literally what the show is. Not sure why anyone believes anything on those shows.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 06:50 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Ingram had a monster game last year and they lost. Not only that, it was 30-13 at the end of the 3rd.

The key is stopping Jackson from running, which we already know they can do.
The media is making this more of a game than it’ll be IMO. The Ravens just don’t match up well with the Chiefs. It’ll take a lot of self inflicted errors for this to end in a loss for KC.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:13 PM 09-22-2020
34-28 ravens. They are due. Sorry.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:11 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Close, but you got the numbers jumbled and the wrong team: 84-23 chiefs.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:15 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Kind of like the Chargers were "due" after losing 6 straight times to the Chiefs at home. :-)

Donks must be really really really due!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:18 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I think, if it were me, I'd just keep blitzing the hell out of Jackson....the guy is going to run anyways, and he is dreadful in throwing the ball when he's forced from his spot and not comfortable.

I don't think Jackson "processes" things very well when the play breaks down and he has to make quick decisions. That's likely why he runs most of the time, because he knows it's the only opportunity to pick up yards when he's not comfortable. Honestly, we all know he's plenty good enough to do that, but I think I'd just keep over-whelming them with pressure and make him beat you over the top with dudes in his face.....

Unless we are just putting up points left and right, I think it would be a mistake to sit back and let the Ravens dictate their game plan. I don't think Jackson could do anything close to what Pat just did against the Chargers: Get constantly pounded by pressure, down by 11, and lead a comeback.

just my two cents for what it's worth and probably much easier said than done of course....
This is the way as long as your d-linemen maintain their lanes. If you're going to blitz, blitz up the middle, and have the tackles and ends maintain their lanes.
[Reply]
DelaWhere? 08:41 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You went from talking about run defense to pass rush.

We were talking about run defense. Campbell and Wolfe aren’t a significant upgrade in terms of run defens. Wormley, Pierce, and Williams gave them 3 run stuffers, which is why they were top 5 last year in run defense.

Their interior pass rush was upgraded, yes. That has nothing to do with the run defense being upgraded.
You are flat out wrong. All of the off season changes was because of what happened against Derrick Henry and the Titans loss. They got ran over. That’s why they went out and signed Calais and Wolfe (tried for Brockers).
[Reply]
lcarus 08:45 PM 09-22-2020
Chiefs are currently 3 point underdogs. I love being the underdog. Gets me so damn fired up during the game. We don't get to be underdogs too often these days.
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:53 PM 09-22-2020
Hopefully we beat the brakes off these dirty crows

I'm guessing we spent last week prepping for the ravens based on our chargers game performance
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:53 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
This is the way as long as your d-linemen maintain their lanes. If you're going to blitz, blitz up the middle, and have the tackles and ends maintain their lanes.
Yep. Spags knows how to defend them. He already did it last year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:54 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by DelaWhere?:
You are flat out wrong. All of the off season changes was because of what happened against Derrick Henry and the Titans lose. They got ran over. That’s why they went out and signed Calais and Wolfe (tried for Brockers).
If you would have gotten Brockers that would have been bigger.

Wolfe is just a bit above JAG at this point. He's not that good.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:56 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Chiefs are currently 3 point underdogs. I love being the underdog. Gets me so damn fired up during the game. We don't get to be underdogs too often these days.
It's at Baltimore, that's where the 3 points is coming from.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:59 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's at Baltimore, that's where the 3 points is coming from.
Technically in a normal season this would be correct. However, Vegas knows that there won't be any fans in BAL, so there's really no HFA. Of course, I don't know if they are taking this into account either. But Vegas is well-aware that the normal "give the home team 3 points" thing is out the window this season, in Baltimore.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:00 PM 09-22-2020
There's more to it than just the crowd though. There's the lack of travel, sleeping in your own bed, stuff like that. It's just easier for the home team.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 57
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up