More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:11 PM 04-25-2020
Love this pick.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:42 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah, Bob Diaco, who previously coached at Virginia, Cincinnati, Notre Dame, UConn, Nebraska and Oklahoma before accepting the DC job at Louisana Tech and was hired by Purdue in January to become their new DC, is an idiot.

Who would trust a coach with such a shitty resume, amirite, BeauWillie007?
One of the two is true.

If he's a better CB than S - he shouldn't have been moved to safety. This would mean that the defensive coordinator made a mistake.

If he's a better S than CB, then the Chiefs are wrong to want him as a CB.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:45 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
One of the two is true.
False

If he's a better CB than S - he shouldn't have been moved to safety. This would mean that the defensive coordinator made a mistake.
Again, wrong.

Teams have issues with scholarship players all the time. Players are often asked to move to other position because it's what the team needs, not the individual player.

Louisiana Tech went 10-3 and won their bowl game, so to say the DC made a "mistake" is completely unfounded.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:48 PM 04-25-2020
False

Again, wrong.

Teams have issues with scholarship players all the time. Players are often asked to move to other position because it's what the team needs, not the individual player.
This. In college you play the position you're asked to play.

It should be noted that the kid said that he's more comfortable at CB, and some of the analysts last night also said he was better at CB than S. But that he had the ability to play both.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:50 PM 04-25-2020
False

Again, wrong.

Louisiana Tech went 10-3 and won their bowl game, so to say the DC made a "mistake" is completely unfounded.
What if I told you, that you can make a mistake and still win and go 10-3

We won the Super Bowl last year. I'm sure we made SOME mistakes at certain points. It happens all the time everywhere.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:51 PM 04-25-2020
What if I told you, that you can make a mistake and still win and go 10-3

We won the Super Bowl last year. I'm sure we made SOME mistakes at certain points. It happens all the time everywhere.
:-)

Good grief, you're dense.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:46 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The move to safety ****ed him IMO
because he is not a head hunter. If you play safety you MUST LOVE CONTACT. Sneed is a pure cover guy IMHO.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:24 AM 04-26-2020
Here is our most underrated pick playing corner against Chase/Burrow and that LSU offense in 2018:

https://youtu.be/CayH2gRhVh0

Side note: a certain somebody in that LSU offense jumps off the screen a couple times :-)

This kid looks like a steal. He can mirror WR’s very well, has good feet, and he’s a willing tackler.

If anybody wants to see any more of his film at corner just look up Jaylon Ferguson’s 2018 games on YT. There are like 2-3 of them.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 06:17 AM 04-26-2020
Absolutely loved the rest of our draft. Not a huge fan of this pick though, he just seems like the same as Watts to me.

Either way though I trust Veach and I’m sure I’m wrong.
[Reply]
farmerchief 07:50 AM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
We'll be able to move a lot of guys around. We basically have 3 guys (HB, Thornhill and Sneed) who can play the safety and slot corner positions.

We're going to have a lot of versatility in our secondary.
Quite true, quite true. Exactly the reason I wouldnt have been surprised to see the Chiefs draft one of the Utah safties, as I believe they both had past CB experience.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:07 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
Absolutely loved the rest of our draft. Not a huge fan of this pick though, he just seems like the same as Watts to me.

Either way though I trust Veach and I’m sure I’m wrong.
Watts ran a 4.64

Sneed ran a 4.37

Be better
[Reply]
staylor26 04:10 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Watts ran a 4.64

Sneed ran a 4.37

Be better
Not to mention Watts is a safety and Sneed was drafted to play CB.
[Reply]
O.city 08:34 PM 04-26-2020
They’re pretty high on this dude

Would be a nice if he hit and was really good
[Reply]
staylor26 09:04 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
They’re pretty high on this dude

Would be a nice if he hit and was really good
What makes you say that?
[Reply]
tyecopeland 09:18 PM 04-26-2020
One of the two is true.

If he's a better S than CB, then the Chiefs are wrong to want him as a CB.
Here I am again agreeing with dane.

He must have been the best safety they had. And more versatile than the other cbs. If you have other cbs that are good/decent there but cant play safety worth a shit and you have this guy who can, you move him and it makes your team better. Doesnt mean the coordinator made a mistake, just means they under recruited the safety position or had injuries that they couldn't account for.

Take fuller for example. I think he was a capable corner but his versatility allowed him to move to safety when thornhill went down. The redskins are putting him back at cb. They aren't wrong to do that and we werent idiots for moving him to safety.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 58
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Up