ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 19
« First < 91516171819
Nzoner's Game Room>Fuck you, Dee Ford
Dr. Yu Weed Tard 09:17 PM 01-20-2019
Sack of fucking shit.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:22 PM 09-22-2020
I really thought at one time that he would be a killer compliment to justin houston. ha.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:22 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Another broken down jalopy
More like a Jaguar XJ220.

It really only does one thing well (though it does do that thing quite well) but only when the sun is shining, the ground is dry and the wind is calm. Oh, and if it hasn't already broken down, but since it's a Jaguar it's pretty much always broken down.

It costs more than it should for a one-trick pony, it looks REALLY good on the showroom but never quite lives up to its billing. And ultimately years of attempts to baby the engineering yielded a product that just isn't what it was capable of being.

Dee Ford is just a super finicky, really unreliable, ultimately mediocre supercar.

And for some strange reason the 49ers kept kinda treating him like a work truck. Dude's just not that guy. I mean you damn near can't even have him out there practicing.

You just accept him for what he is (and is not), use him on 3rd downs and hope you have him when you need him at the end of the season.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:25 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I really thought at one time that he would be a killer compliment to justin houston. ha.
Honestly, he kinda was when he was healthy. IIRC, we led the league in sacks in 2018 with Houston, Jones and Ford.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:27 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Guessing one of his back muscles is lined up across the neutral zone of a nerve
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:27 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
More like a Jaguar XJ220.

It really only does one thing well (though it does do that thing quite well) but only when the sun is shining, the ground is dry and the wind is calm. Oh, and if it hasn't already broken down, but since it's a Jaguar it's pretty much always broken down.

It costs more than it should for a one-trick pony, it looks REALLY good on the showroom but never quite lives up to its billing. And ultimately years of attempts to baby the engineering yielded a product that just isn't what it was capable of being.

Dee Ford is just a super finicky, really unreliable, ultimately mediocre supercar.

And for some strange reason the 49ers kept kinda treating him like a work truck. Dude's just not that guy. I mean you damn near can't even have him out there practicing.

You just accept him for what he is (and is not), use him on 3rd downs and hope you have him when you need him at the end of the season.
The reason they treat him that way is because of this little tidbit that came out before the Super Bowl:

Originally Posted by :
With Ford-13 games / Without Ford-6 games (playing four or zero snaps).

Points Per Game Allowed: 16.6 (with) / 25.8 (without)
Differential: 9.2 less points given up with Ford

Passing Yards Allowed Per Game: 162.7 (with) / 213.6 (without)
50.9 less passing yards allowed per game with Ford

Sacks Per Game: 4 (with) / 1.5 (without)
2.5 more sacks a game with Ford.

Nick Bosa: 11 Sacks (with Ford) / 2 sacks (without Ford)
9 more sacks in total with Ford in uniform.
The simple fact is that without Dee Ford, their entire game plan isn't the same.
[Reply]
loochy 02:35 PM 09-22-2020
He sure is out of service a lot for being a Ford. Maybe he should change his name to Dee Dodge or something.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:36 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
sack of fucking shit

Thankful everyday we didn’t pay this brokedick
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:40 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The reason they treat him that way is because of this little tidbit that came out before the Super Bowl:

The simple fact is that without Dee Ford, their entire game plan isn't the same.
Yeah I remember that.

Frankly, I'm not sure it works without Buckner either. He was a far bigger part of that pass-rush than he gets credit for.

They needed that full package to simply be overwhelming and without Ford AND Buckner, they were good but didn't reach that pivot point of being dominant.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:51 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah I remember that.

Frankly, I'm not sure it works without Buckner either. He was a far bigger part of that pass-rush than he gets credit for.

They needed that full package to simply be overwhelming and without Ford AND Buckner, they were good but didn't reach that pivot point of being dominant.
It’s crazy that they’ll be down to just Armstead this week from that front 4.

Yet another example of a great defense not becoming a perennial Super Bowl contender. It’s just too difficult to keep everyone, have everyone healthy, and continually replenish the talent.

An all time elite QB will always be the way to go if you’re lucky enough to get one.
[Reply]
PHOG 03:49 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Dr. Yu Weed Tard:
Sack of ****ing shit.
I agree with the OP, whole heartedly. :-)
[Reply]
Yosef_Malkovitch 03:54 PM 09-22-2020
I have to wonder, though. If he had not lined up offsides and KC went on to win the SB, it's highly unlikely they would have (finally) gotten rid of the abysmal Bob Sutton. That might have actually hurt the chances for a dynasty more in the long run.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:27 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
It’s crazy that they’ll be down to just Armstead this week from that front 4.

Yet another example of a great defense not becoming a perennial Super Bowl contender. It’s just too difficult to keep everyone, have everyone healthy, and continually replenish the talent.

An all time elite QB will always be the way to go if you’re lucky enough to get one.
No question.

It's just a lot harder to stack bricks to form a barrier than it is to drop a big fucking stone in the way.

Just a few bricks break down here and there and the whole wall crumbles. Meanwhile that big ol' stone's gonna take a lot of load before it fails.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:31 PM 09-22-2020
Why am I seeing this mother fucker's name again on ChiefsPlanet????????
[Reply]
MahiMike 04:33 PM 09-22-2020
Shoulda bought a Toyota.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 19
« First < 91516171819
Up