ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will you be upset if the Chiefs draft Geno Smith?
Yes 22 10.53%
No 179 85.65%
I drink Tequila Rose...like Gaz 8 3.83%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll
Page 9 of 23
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>My final Geno thread before the draft
Mr. Flopnuts 10:05 AM 04-07-2013
Simple question. Will you be upset if the Chiefs draft Geno Smith? If so, why?
[Reply]
O.city 07:28 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don't believe the Eagles want Geno bad enough to trade up for him. I think they'd rather draft EJ Manuel and get the BPA (aka Fisher) rather than giving up picks to move up.

I think the most likely team to draft Geno now is the Jags and even they might not want him.

Albert is a solid LT, but he doesn't seem to be the elite LT that people are pumping him up to be.

I think Joeckel and Fisher can be better LT's for this team than Albert.

Most likely scenario is that we trade Albert for a 2nd and use the first pick on Joeckel, though I like Fisher more.
So if either of those LTs are sure fire elite let's we should have no problem trading back with a team that migt miss out on them, right?
[Reply]
Ebolapox 07:30 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by O.city:
So if either of those LTs are sure fire elite let's we should have no problem trading back with a team that migt miss out on them, right?
surefire elites?

these ARE the same left tackles that everybody is referring to as 'middle to late first rounders' in normal years, yes?

it's fucked up, I don't get people. there are no elite QBs... OMGZ WE CAN'T DRAFT THE BEST QB. there are no elite LTs... OMGZ WE HAVE TO PICK ONE OF THESE LTS!

this is ignoring the fact that we have a perfectly serviceable LT already.
[Reply]
O.city 07:30 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
yeah. and why can't life be all rainbows and butterflies?

sure they can. in this case, it's highly unlikely. better than a LT that only allowed one sack last year? sure. there's NO ****ING WAY he'll allow a sack!

if he's really damned good and we're really damned lucky, he'll be AS GOOD after a bit of seasoning.
The whole one sack thing is a bit overblown. We were a rushing team that didn't throw it more than rush iirc. I like Albert but with the new regime, we aren't a rushing team an if they don't think Albert is good enough, it is what it is
[Reply]
O.city 07:33 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
surefire elites?

these ARE the same left tackles that everybody is referring to as 'middle to late first rounders' in normal years, yes?

it's ****ed up, I don't get people. there are no elite QBs... OMGZ WE CAN'T DRAFT THE BEST QB. there are no elite LTs... OMGZ WE HAVE TO PICK ONE OF THESE LTS!

this is ignoring the fact that we have a perfectly serviceable LT already.
I just find the whole " no one wants to trade up for geno, therefor he sucks " rhetoric a little off.

If you go by that logic alone, no one in this draft is worth it. Then we circularly get back to positional value when all else is equal.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:35 PM 04-07-2013
They are one of the higher graded LT's in awhile. Both get really high grades and are all top 7 talents in the draft.

I don't think anyone is going to trade up with us because there are 3 of them. I think the trades will come around the 5th or 6th pick when Lane Johnson is the only one left.
[Reply]
B14ckmon 07:35 PM 04-07-2013
The problem is Geno is a question mark. Redskins gave up the farm for RG3 because he was considered a surefire franchise guy.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:36 PM 04-07-2013
Geno doesn't have to be a "future all pro, almost guaranteed" to be a more valuable player than any of the tackles. None of these guys are Orlando Pace. None of them are "future all pro, almost guaranteed" either. And if we're comparing them to the inhouse guy, there's no guarantee at all that any of them will be better than Albert was as a rookie, much less is as a vet, and he went FIFTEEN. And they'll *still* have less potential impact even if they end up being the best thing since sliced bread. Geno as a top-15 QB - not even "elite" - would be more valuable long term than having the league's top LT. And it's not very likely at all that any of these will even approach that.
[Reply]
RNR 07:37 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by Messier:
People are talking like Geno is THE answer at QB a future all pro, almost guaranteed.
:-) maybe here people are saying that~
[Reply]
B14ckmon 07:38 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Geno doesn't have to be a "future all pro, almost guaranteed" to be a more valuable player than any of the tackles. None of these guys are Orlando Pace. None of them are "future all pro, almost guaranteed" either. And if we're comparing them to the inhouse guy, there's no guarantee at all that any of them will be better than Albert was as a rookie, much less is as a vet, and he went FIFTEEN. And they'll *still* have less potential impact even if they end up being the best thing since sliced bread. Geno as a top-15 QB - not even "elite" - would be more valuable long term than having the league's top LT. And it's not very likely at all that any of these will even approach that.
And if Geno turns into a bust? You have a franchise QB. Why take the risk?
[Reply]
milkman 07:41 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by B14ckmon:
And if Geno turns into a bust? You have a franchise QB. Why take the risk?
We have a franchise QB?
[Reply]
O.city 07:41 PM 04-07-2013
There isn't a guy in this draft that is a sure fire pick. Questions about everyone.

However, and I read this on twitter today about the Seahawks. When evaluating players teu look at what they can do, not what they can't.
[Reply]
B14ckmon 07:41 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by milkman:
We have a franchise QB?
According to Reid, yes.
[Reply]
O.city 07:42 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by milkman:
We have a franchise QB?
According to our front office, they seem to think we do
[Reply]
RunKC 07:42 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
But they are just better football players than Geno.

And Luke Joeckel looks to be better than Branden Albert for multiple reasons.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 07:43 PM 04-07-2013
According to our front office, they seem to think we do
which is exactly why he's playing on a two year contract.

if you believe he's a franchise player, you give him a nice, healthy extension while he's at a lower point of value. you get him cheaper. when he has a few insane seasons (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA), you pay him more.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 23
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up