ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will you be upset if the Chiefs draft Geno Smith?
Yes 22 10.53%
No 179 85.65%
I drink Tequila Rose...like Gaz 8 3.83%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll
Page 8 of 23
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>My final Geno thread before the draft
Mr. Flopnuts 10:05 AM 04-07-2013
Simple question. Will you be upset if the Chiefs draft Geno Smith? If so, why?
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:09 PM 04-07-2013
I'll be energized if they draft him.

I'll be disappointed but not upset when they don't. Because that's what I've expected all along.
[Reply]
O.city 07:10 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by Messier:
I doesn't matter. Because no one wants him badly enough to trade up to one.
By that logic, no one is worth the pick because no one wants to trade up for anyone. IMO that's a lot of the logic for taking geno. No one in the top 15 or so this year, really stands out. This could end up being 09 in terms of busts as there are a lot of guys picked on potential.

The most likely thing to do is trade Albert and take one of the lt's if you think they are as good or better than Albert
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:13 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by O.city:
By that logic, no one is worth the pick because no one wants to trade up for anyone. IMO that's a lot of the logic for taking geno. No one in the top 15 or so this year, really stands out. This could end up being 09 in terms of busts as there are a lot of guys picked on potential.
Exactly, if Geno's value is being defined by "nobody wants him enough to trade up for him" then it means that he has equivalent value, in that sense, with Fisher or Joeckel or anyone else. Because nobody is trading up for them, either. So once again, all else being equal Geno should be the pick based on positional value. Since *none* of the available players have "traditional" 1:1 value.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 07:14 PM 04-07-2013

The most likely thing to do is trade Albert and take one of the lt's if you think they are as good or better than Albert
No you don't.

If you think that they are going to be as good as Albert, you keep Albert. He's finally come into his own and is playing good ball and just entering his prime.

You don't sign Alex Smith and try to protect him with a rookie offensive tackle if you are attempting to win now and get the fan base motivated again.
[Reply]
B14ckmon 07:15 PM 04-07-2013

Actually that would be logic for drafting BAP. And the only people on the planet who think Geno is the BAP at #1, post on this forum.
[Reply]
RNR 07:15 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I will buy you a Geno jersey with my credit card when the R8ers draft him.
If they do draft him I will be very disappointed because I do not think he is worth the 3rd overall pick. I would prefer that the Chiefs or Jags take him~
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:16 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
You don't sign Alex Smith and try to protect him with a rookie offensive tackle if you are attempting to win now and get the fan base motivated again.
That's just silliness. You should draft a tackle in the first every year. That way you can have a whole line made up with top picks, and since you have them all on 5 year contracts, you recycle and keep the cost down!!!!
[Reply]
O.city 07:16 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
No you don't.

If you think that they are going to be as good as Albert, you keep Albert. He's finally come into his own and is playing good ball and just entering his prime.

In a vacuum no.

But if Albert wants a lot more than they wan or think he deserves and they view fisher or joeckel to be a younger cheaper better option, make that move.
[Reply]
Messier 07:19 PM 04-07-2013

Not if they knew the first team wasn't taking the player, but the next team might. People are talking like Geno is THE answer at QB a future all pro, almost guaranteed. What team would pass up a chance to grab him?

We'll see, I'm starting to think the Albert trade is unlikely.
[Reply]
O.city 07:20 PM 04-07-2013
If they think they can upgrade the lt spot with a cheaper younger better option, they'll probably do it. It sucks but it is what it is
[Reply]
Ebolapox 07:24 PM 04-07-2013
If they think they can upgrade the lt spot with a cheaper younger better option, they'll probably do it. It sucks but it is what it is
better? yeah. this kid is going to be, straight outta the gate, better than a five year pro. yep. that's gonna happen.

:-)
[Reply]
O.city 07:25 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by Messier:
Not if they knew the first team wasn't taking the player, but the next team might. People are talking like Geno is THE answer at QB a future all pro, almost guaranteed. What team would pass up a chance to grab him?

We'll see, I'm starting to think the Albert trade is unlikely.
With the chiefs past in regards to qbs and being in this position this year, obviously people here are a little over charged about the matter. So gotta take a lot of the stuff around here with a grain of salt.

But in regards to teams trading up, there isn't anyone to trade up for. So I'd probably be more inclined to take a guy who could potentially be a difference maker at an important position, depending what happens with Albert
[Reply]
RunKC 07:26 PM 04-07-2013
I don't believe the Eagles want Geno bad enough to trade up for him. I think they'd rather draft EJ Manuel and get the BPA (aka Fisher) rather than giving up picks to move up.

I think the most likely team to draft Geno now is the Jags and even they might not want him.

Albert is a solid LT, but he doesn't seem to be the elite LT that people are pumping him up to be.

I think Joeckel and Fisher can be better LT's for this team than Albert.

Most likely scenario is that we trade Albert for a 2nd and use the first pick on Joeckel, though I like Fisher more.
[Reply]
O.city 07:26 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
better? yeah. this kid is going to be, straight outta the gate, better than a five year pro. yep. that's gonna happen.

:-)
Why can't he be? Rookies can't be better than vets?
[Reply]
Ebolapox 07:28 PM 04-07-2013
Why can't he be? Rookies can't be better than vets?
yeah. and why can't life be all rainbows and butterflies?

sure they can. in this case, it's highly unlikely. better than a LT that only allowed one sack last year? sure. there's NO ****ING WAY he'll allow a sack!

if he's really damned good and we're really damned lucky, he'll be AS GOOD after a bit of seasoning.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 23
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up