ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will you be upset if the Chiefs draft Geno Smith?
Yes 22 10.53%
No 179 85.65%
I drink Tequila Rose...like Gaz 8 3.83%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 23
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>My final Geno thread before the draft
Mr. Flopnuts 10:05 AM 04-07-2013
Simple question. Will you be upset if the Chiefs draft Geno Smith? If so, why?
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 10:24 AM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
How the **** could someone not think exactly like me.
fyp
[Reply]
jd1020 10:25 AM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Screwed up my pick. No I won't be upset, I'll be thrilled.

It is a quarterback league, and Geno is the best quarterback to be drafted this year. Who knows when we'll ever be in a position like this again to be able to pick up a potential game changer at the position. So what if we signed Chase Daniel and traded for Alex Smith? I'd rather be stacked at quarterback than stacked at offensive tackle (or any other position for that matter).
Doesn't that contradict itself?
[Reply]
Bowser 10:26 AM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
How the fuck could someone be upset taking a potential franchise QB - especially when there isn't much (if any) elite talent in the draft at other positions?
It really just boggles the mind. Just goes to show how many people hang their hats on the words of the ESPN talking heads.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:28 AM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Doesn't that contradict itself?
Heh, possibly. But considering the driftwood we've had at the position since the days of Trent Green, you COULD call that "stacked".
[Reply]
Messier 10:29 AM 04-07-2013
It really just boggles the mind. Just goes to show how many people hang their hats on the words of the ESPN talking heads.
Who's calling Geno a no brainer, top ten pick? Everyone is saying he'll go top ten, but it's a reach.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:29 AM 04-07-2013
Heh, possibly. But considering the driftwood we've had at the position since the days of Trent Green, you COULD call that "stacked".
Still trying to buy in to a $10,000 table with a $5 chip.
[Reply]
Cannibal 10:30 AM 04-07-2013
I'll only be upset if the take Luke Joeckel.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:33 AM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by Messier:
Who's calling Geno a no brainer, top ten pick? Everyone is saying he'll go top ten, but it's a reach.
Define "everyone". Are these the same "everyones" that not two weeks ago were saying that Geno wouldn't even go in the first round?
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 10:33 AM 04-07-2013
if you are going to reach then you reach at the QB position.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:34 AM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Still trying to buy in to a $10,000 table with a $5 chip.
Sorry, don't follow. Was lazy and just woke up with no coffee yet.
[Reply]
Messier 10:37 AM 04-07-2013
Define "everyone". Are these the same "everyones" that not two weeks ago were saying that Geno wouldn't even go in the first round?
I'm not talking about people guessing he'll go top ten, I guess he will too, I'm talking about people saying that's where he belongs.
[Reply]
Messier 10:38 AM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
if you are going to reach then you reach at the QB position.
I guess. Teams always do, and a lot of those teams are looking for another QB a few years later.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 10:39 AM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I went with no... which comes as no surprise to many. All along I have said I would go after Alex Smith AND Geno Smith. From way back before we even picked up Alex in the trade. I suspect if we do draft Geno, the biggest uproar is going to come from the group that thinks we gave up too much for Alex.

Me? I could care less about the compensation given for Alex. If we come out of this draft with a franchise QB, anything else out of this draft is just icing on the cake.
Amen!!
[Reply]
Dave Lane 10:40 AM 04-07-2013
I guess. Teams always do, and a lot of those teams are looking for another LT a few years later.
FYP
[Reply]
jd1020 10:40 AM 04-07-2013
I'm not talking about people guessing he'll go top ten, I guess he will too, I'm talking about people saying that's where he belongs.
Time to stop comparing this draft to previous drafts.

There's not a single elite prospect in this draft.

Geno is head and shoulders above the other QB prospects in the league and is no worse than the other top players are at their positions.

In this draft, he absolutely deserves to be a top 10 pick.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 23
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up