ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will you be upset if the Chiefs draft Geno Smith?
Yes 22 10.53%
No 179 85.65%
I drink Tequila Rose...like Gaz 8 3.83%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll
Page 10 of 23
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>My final Geno thread before the draft
Mr. Flopnuts 10:05 AM 04-07-2013
Simple question. Will you be upset if the Chiefs draft Geno Smith? If so, why?
[Reply]
B14ckmon 07:45 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
which is exactly why he's playing on a two year contract.

if you believe he's a franchise player, you give him a nice, healthy extension while he's at a lower point of value. you get him cheaper. when he has a few insane seasons (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA), you pay him more.
Why would he be at a lower point of value now? You just gave up two early draft picks for him. He will be at a lower value in two years when he is 30.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:45 PM 04-07-2013
Alex Smith is a franchise QB. rofl.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:46 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by RunKC:
But they are just better football players than Geno.

And Luke Joeckel looks to be better than Branden Albert for multiple reasons.
When does the enormous difference in positional value kick in for you? What position do athletes of Joeckel and Fisher calibre have to play for your to say, "I'd rather have Geno."

If they were passrushers? I might take Joeckel or Fisher. LTs? No.

What about you? What if they were safeties? WRs? TEs? 5-techs? When does this shit end with you?

I'm trying to say fuck LTs. Get a franchise QB, plug the holes in your offensive line with capable veterans, and your team is good to go.
[Reply]
O.city 07:46 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by RunKC:
But they are just better football players than Geno.

And Luke Joeckel looks to be better than Branden Albert for multiple reasons.
And he looks worse for various reasons. Aka the 2013 draft.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 07:47 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Alex Smith is a franchise QB. rofl.
picking a LT is making two assumptions:

1) your new LT will be as good or better than albert from day one (otherwise, you're ruining your second assumption)

2) alex smith is a franchise qb and must be protected efficiently.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:47 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by B14ckmon:
Why would he be at a lower point of value now? You just gave up two early draft picks for him. He will be at a lower value in two years when he is 30.
That makes no sense at all.
[Reply]
B14ckmon 07:50 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by SNR:
That makes no sense at all.
How does it make no sense? Smith has more bargaining power in extension negotiations right now because you just gave up two early round draft picks for him. If you wait, you can either sign him if he is worth it, or let him go if he stunk it up.
[Reply]
O.city 07:50 PM 04-07-2013
When does the enormous difference in positional value kick in for you? What position do athletes of Joeckel and Fisher calibre have to play for your to say, "I'd rather have Geno."

What about you? What if they were safeties? WRs? TEs? 5-techs? When does this shit end with you?

I'm trying to say **** LTs. Get a franchise QB, plug the holes in your offensive line with capable veterans, and your team is good to go.
And que RunKC firing back something anti geno and you two having at it in this thread.

Why don't you guys just agree to disagree and move on over the matter
[Reply]
O.city 07:54 PM 04-07-2013
Looking at the votes, I'm surprised as some of the no votes that they won't be pissed after recent vehement arguments
[Reply]
milkman 07:55 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by B14ckmon:
According to Reid, yes.
Originally Posted by O.city:
According to our front office, they seem to think we do
Reid thought that Kolb and then Vick were franchise QBs.

I said it for years.

I said it when Reid was hired.

Over rated.

Alex Smith is a game manager.

Nothing more.
[Reply]
B14ckmon 07:56 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by O.city:
Looking at the votes, I'm surprised as some of the no votes that they won't be pissed after recent vehement arguments
Everyone knows Geno won't be drafted, so it's all for fun anyways.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:57 PM 04-07-2013

I'm trying to say **** LTs. Get a franchise QB, plug the holes in your offensive line with capable veterans, and your team is good to go.
Geno is not a franchise QB. That's why you are not Nobody believes he's a franchise QB prospect. If they did, than he would be the first pick in the draft easily and the 1st, 3rd, 7th and 8th teams in the draft wouldn't have gotten veteran QB's.

Joeckel would be better than Albert for multiple reasons that are easily specified.

An OT is the best prospect in the draft and Dorsey is going to stick to his word and draft BPA. Idk what is so hard to understand about that?
[Reply]
O.city 08:00 PM 04-07-2013
Obviously we have some here who don't completely understand bpa.

And RunKC, is Tyler Wilson a franchise qb?
[Reply]
BossChief 08:01 PM 04-07-2013
Let me pose a question?

Which usage of resources is worse?

A) spending a first, second and third round pick on a solid game managing qb AND a potential franchise quarterback prospect

Or

B) spending 2 firsts, 2 seconds AND two thirds on the offensive line...with one second and one third being backups?
[Reply]
Messier 08:01 PM 04-07-2013
Originally Posted by milkman:
Reid thought that Kolb and then Vick were franchise QBs.

I said it for years.

I said it when Reid was hired.

Over rated.

Alex Smith is a game manager.

Nothing more.
I don't think Reid thought either Vick, or Kolb were franchise QBs.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 23
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up