ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 26
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Media Center>Warrant Vs. Winger Vs. Cinderalla Vs. Poison Vs. Slaughter
Deberg_1990 07:27 PM 05-07-2009
The Ultimate showdown. Who kicks more a$$ ???
[Reply]
Frazod 10:30 AM 05-08-2009
Night Ranger rules. :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:33 AM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by frazod:
Well, shit, I guess I'm lifting my moratorium on concerts. They're playing in Tinley Park on July 17.

Def Leppard is one of the few intact bands that I haven't seen that I've always wanted to.
Maybe they will bring Taylor Swift with them to help rock out.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:00 AM 05-08-2009
why does 38 special need two drummers for one drum line
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:04 AM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by THISmaqe:
What they lacked was modesty and chemistry. They were all individually talented musicians. Wasn't it Kip that did the stint with Alice Cooper? Together, they were AWFUL. They could have done something unique - they had the chance to put together some kind of fusion masterpiece. Instead they took the Paul Gilbert/Billy Sheehan route (Mr. Big :-)) and put out god-awful radio rock.
I'm not denying that. What I addressed was the fact they had "no talent". That's absurd.

Yep. Yet another band that was good early and awful after circumstances changed. Started with fire and ended up cashing in.
Yep. Mutt programmed the drums, produced, sang backgrounds and edited that band together (the old fashioned way - with a razor, not "cut, copy, paste").

And yet another band that was good early and awful after circumstances changed. They had a good mix with Izzy and Slash. The more say Axl got in the creative process, the worse they got.
The "circumstances" you speak of were enormous amounts of fame of fortune, which allowed each member the opportunity to exercise their ego, especially Axl. Once Izzy became disinterested, the songwriting diminished and the chemistry was never the same after he left and Adler was fired.

I love Matt as a drummer (and we enjoyed several nights of debauchery in the mid-late 90's) but he was too stiff for Guns 'N' Roses. He's better in VR but VR would have been a much better band had Izzy decided to join.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:05 AM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Without Cliff Burton? You did not like "Kill 'em All", "Ride the Lightning" or "Master of Puppets"?
No, read it again. Metallica without Cliff Burton = YUCK.

The only Metallica album I even own is "Kill 'em All". I can tolerate AJFA, but the "Black" album tears it for me - AWFUL.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 11:07 AM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
I was always a huge Gn'R fan, but I was never really ashamed of that.

Poison's always been my guilty pleasure.

Edit: I have to admit to liking songs from all of these bands at one point or another. (Well, except for Winger.)
your favorite band is winger, and all you eat are zingers
you're like a fruity pebble, your favorite flag is rebel
it's just too bad that you're a fag, and on a lower level.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:08 AM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by blaise:
I doesn't matter how skilled you are if you can't write something good. That's like an English teacher with great command of grammar that writes hack garbage stories no one likes saying she's a better writer than Cormac McCarthy. Maybe Metallica couldn't play what he could, the difference is he couldn't write what Metallica could.
Besides, his name is Kip. I think you're almost automatically a douche just for that.
I mentioned a while back on another thread - I'm unabashedly a HUGE fan of Yngwie Malmsteen's early stuff, especially instrumental stuff like "Blackstar".

But have you ever heard the guys attempt to cover Hendrix? It's ATROCIOUS.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:09 AM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
poor winger their only song was about jailbait, fitting
Please, please. "Jailbait" is a Motorhead song and a great one. Kip wrote "Seventeen" which is altogether different. Don't ever say this again.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:10 AM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yep. Mutt programmed the drums, produced, sang backgrounds and edited that band together (the old fashioned way - with a razor, not "cut, copy, paste").

I suspect he did the same thing for his ex: Shania

All the drum backgrounds in her songs sound exactly like Def Leppard if you listen closely.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:12 AM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The "circumstances" you speak of were enormous amounts of fame of fortune, which allowed each member the opportunity to exercise their ego, especially Axl. Once Izzy became disinterested, the songwriting diminished and the chemistry was never the same after he left and Adler was fired.
Steve Adler. Wow.

It's funny and somehow pathetic - when Slash was on AI this week, my wife had no idea who he was.

And the only way I could explain it to her was to bring up "you know, the guy that kept relapsing on Sober House"?

:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 11:13 AM 05-08-2009
Please, please. "Jailbait" is a Motorhead song and a great one. Kip wrote "Seventeen" which is altogether different. Don't ever say this again.
You seem tense. I think you should relax with a cold Coors Light and listen to some Loverboy.

[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:14 AM 05-08-2009
motorhead has a song that I really like it is about cards or something, that is the only song i like by them they are overall weak
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:15 AM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by frazod:
You seem tense. I think you should relax with a cold Coors Light and listen to some Loverboy.

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:16 AM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
motorhead has a song that I really like it is about cards or something, that is the only song i like by them they are overall weak
You do realize that with one negative rep from me, you'll go instantly from green to red, right?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:17 AM 05-08-2009
You do realize that with one negative rep from me, you'll go instantly from green to red, right?
from green to red! JUST LIKE HERM!
[Reply]
Page 9 of 26
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up