ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 16
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Strouds fried chicken
jspchief 08:09 PM 08-10-2005
A few months back, while in KC, my relatives took me to a dumpy old joint called Strouds that looked like it was converted from a house. Despite the exterior, the inside was hospitable. They had the best damn fried chicken I've ever eaten, and serve enough food to make Whitlock uncomfortable. I know the next time I'm in town, I'll desperately be searching for that place.

Has anyone else ever eaten there? Are they famous in town for their chicken, or am I just sheltered?
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 09:24 PM 08-31-2005
Pan fried chicken must be a roll of the dice. A new place here in town started serving pan fried chicken and it was freaking incredible. I went back a week later and ordered some more and it was pure nasty. I haven't been back since.
[Reply]
CHIEF4EVER 09:43 PM 08-31-2005
Bojangles is THE chicken followed closely by Popeyes IMO.
[Reply]
Logical 10:09 PM 08-31-2005
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
Okay...So there IS a drawback to living in San Diego. Somewhere out there, if you really listen, you can hear Dick Vermiel crying for you.
Actually he is missing the boat, we have nearly the best if not the best Mexican and Asian food you can find. I miss the BBQ but it is a pretty decent exchange.
[Reply]
Phobia 10:11 PM 08-31-2005
Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav:
Actually he is missing the boat, we have nearly the best if not the best Mexican and Asian food you can find. I miss the BBQ but it is a pretty decent exchange.
That's kick ass. I've been including a lot more Asian influences in my food preparation lately. Previously, I'd been mostly a Tex-Mex and Cajun blend.
[Reply]
J Diddy 10:11 PM 08-31-2005
I'll mail you some BBQ if you mail some mexican and asian food.

Just make sure to overnight it.:-)
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:12 PM 08-31-2005
Originally Posted by Phobia:
That's kick ass. I've been including a lot more Asian influences in my food preparation lately. Previously, I'd been mostly a Tex-Mex and Cajun blend.
Like what?
[Reply]
CHIEF4EVER 10:12 PM 08-31-2005
You folks DO have some great Mexican food but believe it or not the best I have ever had was in Yuma, AZ. I used to haul lettuce out of Dole in Yuma and there is a nondescript "gut truck" that parks on the site during the daytime and the food is made fresh by 2 Mexican ladies. Best Chicken Quesadillas I ever had in my life. They had some kickin homemade salsa as well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:17 PM 08-31-2005
It wasn't shitty. It was overrated. The batter was bland and the meat dried out. I'm supremely confident I could do better.
Dissing Strouds? Next post are you going after Bryants?
[Reply]
Phobia 10:18 PM 08-31-2005
Originally Posted by ZachKC:
Like what?
I dunno - brown rice, peanut base, ginger, various Asian spices.... Nothing specific. I literally combine a lot of styles.

For instance, I recently made a shrimp fried rice combination with tex-mex flair. I used a heavy ginger sauce instead of a soy sauce and topped it all with a peppery sauce more typically used in Tex-Mex. Finally, I garnished with cilantro instead of green onion.
[Reply]
Phobia 10:20 PM 08-31-2005
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Dissing Strouds? Next post are you going after Bryants?
Bryants has dry brisket, but their sauce kicks ass.
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:26 PM 08-31-2005
I dunno - brown rice, peanut base, ginger, various Asian spices.... Nothing specific. I literally combine a lot of styles.

For instance, I recently made a shrimp fried rice combination with tex-mex flair. I used a heavy ginger sauce instead of a soy sauce and topped it all with a peppery sauce more typically used in Tex-Mex. Finally, I garnished with cilantro instead of green onion.
Alright, im hungry.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:26 PM 08-31-2005
Bryants has dry brisket, but their sauce kicks ass.
Just throw some of their kick azz sauce on it and it will rock
[Reply]
jettio 10:39 PM 08-31-2005

Anton garnishes with cilantro.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:11 AM 09-01-2005

Try this as a marinade

1/3c soy sauce
1/3c ceasar salad dressing
1/3c pineapple juice(from canned pineapple)
1/3c jalapeno juice
3 cloves fresh garlic minced
Juice from one lemon

It doesn't look to have an asian flair to it, but it definately does. The marinade itself smells like ginger dressing.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:14 AM 09-01-2005

You need to open a restaurant. Or at the very least, publish a cookbook.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 16
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up