ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 16
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Strouds fried chicken
jspchief 08:09 PM 08-10-2005
A few months back, while in KC, my relatives took me to a dumpy old joint called Strouds that looked like it was converted from a house. Despite the exterior, the inside was hospitable. They had the best damn fried chicken I've ever eaten, and serve enough food to make Whitlock uncomfortable. I know the next time I'm in town, I'll desperately be searching for that place.

Has anyone else ever eaten there? Are they famous in town for their chicken, or am I just sheltered?
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:57 AM 08-11-2005
Originally Posted by mcan:
What are YOU doing up so late? And why the hell did your name change again?! Don't ever move from Tex or I'll never recognize any of your posts... :-)
Up early (again).

It sucks getting old.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:11 AM 08-11-2005
But as much as I like the chicken, THIS is what I'm there for. Had 3 bowls in a sitting on a prior occasion.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:15 AM 08-11-2005
Originally Posted by jspchief:
Next time I'll be down is probably the home opener, and I'll be driving down in the morning and back in the evening. Probably won't have time.

If I decide to go to a pre-season game, I might leave early and eat there before heading home. I also still have never had Arthur Bryants, so it's on my list too.
WTF! Never been to Arthur Bryants!:-) And you call yourself a Chiefs fan.:-)
[Reply]
KCTitus 06:15 AM 08-11-2005
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Oh, and anyone remember the Stoud's afilliated or Stroud's cloned restaurant immediately to the east of Arrowhead? It's been torn down.
Yes, I do...our rehearsal dinner was held there. I honestly dont remember anything other than going there.
[Reply]
Phobia 06:42 AM 08-11-2005
Originally Posted by mcan:
What are YOU doing up so late? And why the hell did your name change again?! Don't ever move from Tex or I'll never recognize any of your posts... :-)
You mean the "Bob Dole took a dump - Bob Dole drank a beer" schtik isn't a dead give-away?
[Reply]
wutamess 07:57 AM 08-11-2005
Their cinnamon rolls/biscuits are the best anywhere I've been.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:07 AM 08-11-2005
But as much as I like the chicken, THIS is what I'm there for. Had 3 bowls in a sitting on a prior occasion.

Yep, their green beans rock.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 08:08 AM 08-11-2005
The chicken is good...

Try the hamburger steak also...excellent!
[Reply]
ENDelt260 08-11-2005, 10:02 AM
This message has been deleted by ENDelt260.
ENDelt260 08-11-2005, 10:04 AM
This message has been deleted by ENDelt260.
Uatu 10:07 AM 08-11-2005
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
WTF! Never been to Arthur Bryants!:-) And you call yourself a Chiefs fan.:-)
I would rather eat at Jack Stack, Smokestack, Smokehouse, Gates, or maybe Famous Dave's than Arthur Bryants. They are at the bottom of my barbecue power rankings. I mean, it's good food, but vastly overrated... so many better places in town.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:11 AM 08-11-2005
Screw the cook off on that Saturday for the 37F weekend, I'm going to Strouds.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:22 AM 08-11-2005
Originally Posted by Uatu:
I would rather eat at Jack Stack, Smokestack, Smokehouse, Gates, or maybe Famous Dave's than Arthur Bryants. They are at the bottom of my barbecue power rankings. I mean, it's good food, but vastly overrated... so many better places in town.
Okay noob dem our fighting words.:-)

Bryants overrated? Jack Stack is defintely up there and Gates sauce is excellent but Famous Daves come on....:-)
[Reply]
patteeu 11:00 AM 08-11-2005
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
And the worst Pizza I have ever tried to ingest was purchased in downtown San Diego. :-) But the Sea Food makes up for it.
Rush Limbaugh, who many probably know used to live here and work for the Royals, has said that Strouds in Kansas City has the best shrimp he has ever eaten anywhere. He had some kind of economic theory (provided by an economics guy he knew) about why a restaurant in the center of the country would have better shrimp than that found in coastal cities, but I didn't really catch the nuts and bolts of the theory.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:03 AM 08-11-2005
Originally Posted by Saggysack:
They are too.

There is a Stroud's in Wichita.
They are all owned by the same people IIRC. Whether the fact that they have a few different locations makes them a chain or not, I won't judge, but they aren't a chain like Popeyes or KFC.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:05 AM 08-11-2005

I agree. I'm not a big green bean fan, but Stroud's green beans are the best I've ever tasted.
[Reply]
Boardin Bronco 11:10 AM 08-11-2005
Send this man a bucket!

[Reply]
Page 4 of 16
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up