ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 16
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Strouds fried chicken
jspchief 08:09 PM 08-10-2005
A few months back, while in KC, my relatives took me to a dumpy old joint called Strouds that looked like it was converted from a house. Despite the exterior, the inside was hospitable. They had the best damn fried chicken I've ever eaten, and serve enough food to make Whitlock uncomfortable. I know the next time I'm in town, I'll desperately be searching for that place.

Has anyone else ever eaten there? Are they famous in town for their chicken, or am I just sheltered?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:27 PM 08-10-2005
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Responding to the earlier question.... yes, it's in a horrible area of town.
Yes the area sucks and the building needs work and the parking sucks but man do they have damn good chicken in there.

When you coming into town next? I'll make sure you get there. Only about 15 mintues from Arrowhead.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:28 PM 08-10-2005
Responding to the earlier question.... yes, it's in a horrible area of town.
Bullshit. You will not find better basements in any houses around than the ones around here.

And we get Strouds.
[Reply]
shaneo69 08:31 PM 08-10-2005
No. Shutup.

JSP - Strouds is like world famous.
Sorry. I got Stroud's mixed up with Harold's Chicken Shack. Same difference.
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:35 PM 08-10-2005
I have eaten at the one in KC quite a few times, the one in Wichita more. I take my parents there quite a bit. I love thier gravy almost as much as the chicken. :-)
[Reply]
jspchief 08:39 PM 08-10-2005
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yes the area sucks and the building needs work and the parking sucks but man do they have damn good chicken in there.

When you coming into town next? I'll make sure you get there. Only about 15 mintues from Arrowhead.
Next time I'll be down is probably the home opener, and I'll be driving down in the morning and back in the evening. Probably won't have time.

If I decide to go to a pre-season game, I might leave early and eat there before heading home. I also still have never had Arthur Bryants, so it's on my list too.
[Reply]
Saul Good 08:58 PM 08-10-2005
Originally Posted by jspchief:
Next time I'll be down is probably the home opener, and I'll be driving down in the morning and back in the evening. Probably won't have time.

If I decide to go to a pre-season game, I might leave early and eat there before heading home. I also still have never had Arthur Bryants, so it's on my list too.
That'd make a pretty good poll...Strauds or Aurthur Bryant's?
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:01 PM 08-10-2005
There's one north of the river too, IIRC.
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:09 PM 08-10-2005
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
There's one north of the river too, IIRC.

That is the one I have been going to, I think. You go right by it coming in on 35 from Des Moines. Does not seem like that bad of area or building to me, but I just go there for the Chicken and Gravy.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:10 PM 08-10-2005
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
That is the one I have been going to, I think. You go right by it coming in on 35 from Des Moines. Does not seem like that bad of area or building to me, but I just go there for the Chicken and Gravy.
The original is at 85th and Troost. Much different, ummmm...culture around there.
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:12 PM 08-10-2005
The original is at 85th and Troost. Much different, ummmm...culture around there.

Oh, Ok. I get it. We used to have a "Sight and Sound" location at 75 something Troost. Yeah, that neighborhood is very questionable. :-)
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 09:19 PM 08-10-2005
Would you please stop with the BBQ and fried chicken threads. Your killing me. I live in a city where the food of choice is fish taco's. :-)
[Reply]
Saul Good 09:20 PM 08-10-2005
Certainly a unique flavor...
[Reply]
Uatu 09:20 PM 08-10-2005
The northland location is near I-35 and Vivion. It's not a bad part of town at all.
[Reply]
Saul Good 09:22 PM 08-10-2005
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
Would you please stop with the BBQ and fried chicken threads. Your killing me. I live in a city where the food of choice is fish taco's. :-)
Okay...So there IS a drawback to living in San Diego. Somewhere out there, if you really listen, you can hear Dick Vermiel crying for you.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:23 PM 08-10-2005
Stroud's chicken is pan fried; that's what makes it good and makes it take so long. I used to be friends with a guy that worked there. It did seem strange to have to park under an old overpass and have a guy with a club escourt you to the front door...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 16
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up