ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 16
« First < 41011121314 1516 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Strouds fried chicken
jspchief 08:09 PM 08-10-2005
A few months back, while in KC, my relatives took me to a dumpy old joint called Strouds that looked like it was converted from a house. Despite the exterior, the inside was hospitable. They had the best damn fried chicken I've ever eaten, and serve enough food to make Whitlock uncomfortable. I know the next time I'm in town, I'll desperately be searching for that place.

Has anyone else ever eaten there? Are they famous in town for their chicken, or am I just sheltered?
[Reply]
kcclone 03:24 PM 09-22-2020
Stroud’s is so overrated besides the cinnamon rolls.

Chicken and mashed are way too bland. Just my opinion....
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:04 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
give me - Bartos, Chicken Annie's or Chicken Mary's in SEKS.
Hattie Bs
[Reply]
mrroandrro 05:31 PM 09-22-2020
My wife and i ate there last year. Not impressed. Chicken had no seasoning, very bland. Just my opinion, but I feel I get tastier chicken at KFC
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:56 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
No because scalloped potatoes have cheese.

The glaze is generally made from sugar, vinegar, and bacon grease.

Have you ever had Dutch wilted lettuce? Same glaze.
This.
[Reply]
sedated 07:14 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Strouds isn't bad, the chicken fried chicken is solid but that is a dish I always enjoy.
I've never understood the term "chicken fried chicken". Isn't that just fried chicken?

(Still not as bad a term as "boneless wings")
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:17 PM 09-22-2020
It's not mayo based - it's more of a vinaigrette/vinegar type - often you'll see poppy seeds in it - it's a little bitter but quite refreshing in the summer mos. It's delicious w/ fried chicken, works out well.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:17 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by mrroandrro:
My wife and i ate there last year. Not impressed. Chicken had no seasoning, very bland. Just my opinion, but I feel I get tastier chicken at KFC
on a good day - KFC is still very good - OG recipe of course
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:23 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
I've never understood the term "chicken fried chicken". Isn't that just fried chicken?

(Still not as bad a term as "boneless wings")
It's a mobius strip of adaptive naming.

Chicken fried steak was steak fried [like chicken], except they also deboned it, pounded it flat and served it over potatoes with gravy on top.

So now chicken fried chicken is chicken fried [like chicken], deboned, pounded flat and served over potatoes with gravy on top. [technically, it should be southern style chicken Milanese]

And boneless wings are officially saucy nugs.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:41 PM 09-22-2020
it's a way for restaurants that offer both beef and chicken under the same cooking procedure to distinguish between the two.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:42 PM 09-22-2020
I think one place used it - and it sort of 'caught on.'
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:42 PM 09-22-2020
OK This place used to be great, not sure now...

"AQ Chicken serves over a million satisfied customers a year"
[Reply]
Coogs 05:44 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
OK This place used to be great, not sure now...

"AQ Chicken serves over a million satisfied customers a year"
A "million a year" is rolling the customers right through. They are open 10.5 hours a day. So averaging right at 261 customers per hour.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:08 AM 09-23-2020
Stroud's chicken strips are the absolute best. They also had wonderful fried prawns and great charcoal cooked pork chops. The gravy is absolutely fabulous and so are the green beans and cinnamon rolls.

I've had chicken down around Pittsburg, KS before. I didn't go to Chicken Mary's, it was some place with an italian name that had chicken and other stuff. Think it was this place in Frontenac, KS: http://www.bartosidlehour.com/
[Reply]
Funkstown 11:09 AM 09-23-2020
I get tastier fried chicken at Bojangles or Lee’s Fried Chicken in Richmond. I honestly do not miss this place that much back home.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:45 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
No because scalloped potatoes have cheese.

The glaze is generally made from sugar, vinegar, and bacon grease.

Have you ever had Dutch wilted lettuce? Same glaze.
Oh man, I'll eat the SHIT out of some wilted lettuce.

So this is essentially the same stuff but on a sliced up baked potato? I'm typically wary of german potato salad but that sounds like it may be damn good.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 16
« First < 41011121314 1516 >
Up