ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>Some chatter today about Mahomes drifting too far from the pocket
Deberg_1990 06:30 PM 09-22-2020
Thoughts?

I know it’s doesn’t absolve some poor blocking by the Chiefs OL but Mahomes has to stop dropping past 9/9.5 yards. I’ve seen at least 4 clips where his back foot is close to 11 yards deep or more 👀. And this is without interior pressure on 3 of the 4.

— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) September 22, 2020

Mahomes has a tendency to DRIFT in the pocket which really puts stress on the tackles. He catches snap at 42 and drifts to 46 yard line. He is 9 yards from LOS.
(This is not a screen) pic.twitter.com/yl0egLeg2W

— Nick Leckey (@mrleckey) September 21, 2020

[Reply]
eDave 10:11 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Which players are we allowed to criticize aspects of their game?
Bump is a true fan on display. Reminiscent of those Alex Smith homers.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:37 PM 08-21-2021
Waiting on the Deberg thread:

Should Henne start over Mahomes?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:11 PM 08-21-2021
"Mahomes benched after INT," skip Bayless on Monday.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:14 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
My only point was that when ESPN has Trent Dilfer breaking down everything wrong about Mahomes, I find it seems a lot like envy. Yeah, he has a tendency to improvise and it's not always the best choice. It's easy to look at film in stop/slow motion and say 'he could have stepped up at point xyz', yet this is all happening in real time with some seriously strong men trying to get to him.

It's good to have the king of the hill on our team and be a target.
yeah it’s becoming real fashionable to say Mahomes peak is over. Allen is better. They may not even win the division. It’s pathetic but comes with the territory. Which I’m damn glad as a fan to be in.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:19 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
"Mahomes benched after INT," skip Bayless on Monday.
:-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:36 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

I’d rather start Buchele over Henne
[Reply]
TEX 03:30 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

:-)
[Reply]
vonBobo 04:02 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Which players are we allowed to criticize aspects of their game?
The ones that are not carrying the team to the championship game every year.
[Reply]
Otter 09:10 AM 08-22-2021
Patrick is the last thing Chiefs fans have to bitch about. Mathieu is a close 2nd.

Stop allowing Deberg to troll.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:48 AM 08-22-2021
He does need to work on that. I'm sure he will and Reid is going over this, and other ways he can improve.

Not a big deal at all Mahomes should always try to improve no matter how good he is.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:31 PM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Patrick is the last thing Chiefs fans have to bitch about. Mathieu is a close 2nd.

Stop allowing Deberg to troll.
Idk man. I’m probably gonna get flamed for this but I mentioned it in another thread. HB really seemed a liability in the SB. Brady (and the refs) got into his head, and after that very shitty penalty he drew when Brady went after him, seemed like Brady targeted him, and he lost his cool. Arguably, the refs were tying their hands with all the ticky tack penalties, but you e got to play the game the way the refs are calling it. He wasn’t the only problem on defense obviously, but he’s the leader of the defense, and the Bucs had their way with them. Maybe I’m remembering wrong, but what I recall was him blowing up and then giving up plays, or being kinda out of position.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:40 PM 08-22-2021
This is why he's actually not a Top 3 QB in accuracy on deep threats. Hes not bad at it, hes just not thee best at it like he is everything else. And its because of pocket presence and his hesitation to step up in the pocket. The great thing about the guy is he knows it and hes working on it.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up