ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 16
« First < 61213141516
Nzoner's Game Room>Strouds fried chicken
jspchief 08:09 PM 08-10-2005
A few months back, while in KC, my relatives took me to a dumpy old joint called Strouds that looked like it was converted from a house. Despite the exterior, the inside was hospitable. They had the best damn fried chicken I've ever eaten, and serve enough food to make Whitlock uncomfortable. I know the next time I'm in town, I'll desperately be searching for that place.

Has anyone else ever eaten there? Are they famous in town for their chicken, or am I just sheltered?
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:09 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
We have Lee's Famous Fried Chicken in Indy, Louisville, and Cincy area

700 calories for a piece? Really?
well i'm sure it's delicious - so there's that.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:33 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Fried Chicken isn't southern, you all like to take credit for everything. Fried Green Tomatoes = not southern Sawmill breakfast gravy= not southern. So grow up, will ya?
What is fried chicken that is cooked/finished over charcoal after frying?

I will tell you it's fucking great.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:41 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
well i'm sure it's delicious - so there's that.
https://www.leesfamousrecipe.com/locations/all
[Reply]
Sorce 07:23 AM 09-24-2020
Anyone going to mention RC's in Martin City?(not considered Waldo yet)
Living on the south side of KC I've eaten there a lot. I've always liked their chicken.
[Reply]
Eureka 11:51 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
I too like the strouds chicken fried chicken. Brown and Lowe has a nice chicken too. But Gus's is the best chicken in town right now.

Or.. get yourself a candy thermometer to manage the oil temps, a meat thermometer to pull the chicken immediately when done, and a buttermilk recipe full of seasoning and it will ruin all other restaurant chicken for life. I'm a pretty poor chef, but I can consistently turn out fried chicken that has my friends and family wondering why they have never tasted chicken so good.
Can you expand on this? I'm thinking of trying to make some homemade fried chicken.
[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 11:58 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
I too like the strouds chicken fried chicken. Brown and Lowe has a nice chicken too. But Gus's is the best chicken in town right now.

Or.. get yourself a candy thermometer to manage the oil temps, a meat thermometer to pull the chicken immediately when done, and a buttermilk recipe full of seasoning and it will ruin all other restaurant chicken for life. I'm a pretty poor chef, but I can consistently turn out fried chicken that has my friends and family wondering why they have never tasted chicken so good.
Agree. Gus’s is dynamite. What hurts them is location, just down the street from the original Joe’s, so no one makes it that far to check them out. If they were in some Johnson County location, people would know all about them.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:44 PM 09-24-2020
I question your judgement on THAT Gus's location.

Been there, have friends who's jusgement I trust and they AND I think it sucks. I suggest you try a fresh bucket of Churches from a poor neighborhood.

If you only like your chicken from a place with great BBQ nearby, try the Neiman rd location.

haywardspitbarbque.com
[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 05:36 PM 09-24-2020
I question your judgement on THAT Gus's location.

Been there, have friends who's jusgement I trust and they AND I think it sucks. I suggest you try a fresh bucket of Churches from a poor neighborhood.

If you only like your chicken from a place with great BBQ nearby, try the Neiman rd location.

haywardspitbarbque.com
Neato
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:06 PM 10-05-2020

[Reply]
Page 16 of 16
« First < 61213141516
Up