ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 164 of 791
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168174214264664 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Rausch 10:55 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I can't imagine how bad the defense would have been this year without Ford's pass rush.
At worst one spot lower.

A DC with half a clue can avoid being dead last without any pro bowlers...
[Reply]
Jerm 10:55 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You know, maybe we're thinking about this wrong.

We all think this team could use someone behind Watkins if/when he gets hurt.

What makes Watkins really special? He's a RB in the open field after he catches ball.

What if Bell isn't a replacement/contingency for just Williams? What if Bell is a replacement/contingency for WATKINS too?
Great point, you could do a ton of shit and formations with both Bell and Williams as well.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:56 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But that’s the only solid info we have.

Other than that we have Chris Jones posting a video with Bell that means absolutely nothing and a report from La Canfora that other teams expect us to be in the mix for Bell.

The only person even claiming to have insider info on this from the Chiefs is Terez.

The chances he’s wrong about this are very slim.
Eh. I'd say it's not really a referendum on is Terez reliable as it's about Veach being hard to read.

Nobody had the inaide scoop on the FA pick ups last year and we don't know who he tried to trade for that wasn't reported and if they would have attempted anything with Bell had Hunt been cut prior to trade deadline.

I'm not surenif it'll be Bell for sure, but I think they want to add a significant name and the pool of names on Offense isn't deep.

We had word they were targeting Jensen last year, so the big name could end up being Paradis or they could decide that they don't like Erving afterall and could get Saffold. Only thing I think for sure is they're gonna add something significant on Offense.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:57 AM 03-07-2019
I CAN imagine how bad the defense will be next year if Ford and his $16M paycheck get hurt. That's the problem.
Pass rush can be schemed to a certain point. Ford doesn't stop the run and that is our biggest problem. Cur Berry, Ford and Houston and sign some guys that can.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:58 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Pass rush can be schemed to a certain point.
Truth.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:00 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Eh. I'd say it's not really a referendum on is Terez reliable as it's about Veach being hard to read.

Nobody had the inaide scoop on the FA pick ups last year and we don't know who he tried to trade for that wasn't reported and if they would have attempted anything with Bell had Hunt been cut prior to trade deadline.

I'm not surenif it'll be Bell for sure, but I think they want to add a significant name and the pool of names on Offense isn't deep.

We had word they were targeting Jensen last year, so the big name could end up being Paradis or they could decide that they don't like Erving afterall and could get Saffold. Only thing I think for sure is they're gonna add something significant on Offense.
If I remember last offseason.....we didn't hear shit about interest in Watkins or Hitchens until right before they signed.

I could be wrong though.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:02 AM 03-07-2019
The best way to improve the offense (if they're so greedily chasing the "best offense ever") is fixing the defense. There probably aren't any skill players available that will boost their scoring from 35 to 40/game, but if opposing offenses aren't able to keep the O off the field for long stretches, we could absolutely score 40ish per game.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:02 AM 03-07-2019
Why not try and trade for Sterling Shepard from the Giants to play in the slot?

He'd only cost $1.2 million and he's on the last year of his deal.
[Reply]
O.city 11:03 AM 03-07-2019

The #Jaguars have traded veteran safety Tashaun Gipson to the #Packers for a 5th round pick , 140th overall. The former Browns standout links back up with DC Mike Pettine.

— Jack (@PintOfJack) March 7, 2019

[Reply]
The Franchise 11:03 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Well....the Packers should at least be less active on the safety market now.

Good trade for them.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:04 AM 03-07-2019
Wait....who the fuck is Jack? :-)
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:05 AM 03-07-2019
You know, maybe we're thinking about this wrong.

We all think this team could use someone behind Watkins if/when he gets hurt.

What makes Watkins really special? He's a RB in the open field after he catches ball.

What if Bell isn't a replacement/contingency for just Williams? What if Bell is a replacement/contingency for WATKINS too?
I don’t think it’s gonna happen, for the record, BUT if it did, this would be the most likely reason.

Make no mistake about it; they’re cutting Watkins after this season. That’s why Veach structured his contract the way they did. They’re not paying him $24 mil. in 2020 to be their third receiving option.

And if you were going to subscribe to this theory with Bell, the thought would be low cap number in year one, higher in years going forward replacing Watkins cap number in 2020 (but still not quite AS high, as he is a running back) and giving the Chiefs a more multi-faceted offense with a RB that can get big yards when needed. In essence, an offense that couldn’t be stopped and had no holes (save an injury). If they did this, they would be trusting in the fact that Spags and his coaches could fix the defense and that it wasn’t really a ‘player’ issue.

Not saying I agree with this approach or am in favor of it (I prefer spending the money on defense at this point), but this would be the line of thinking I would presume.

Will be interesting to see what happens either way . . . . .
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 11:05 AM 03-07-2019

We have signed free agent DB Harold Jones-Quartey. pic.twitter.com/eUBGSMiAQP

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) March 7, 2019

[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:05 AM 03-07-2019
Guys this defense is in a rebuild mode, I'd assume the plan is to have it ready in 2-3 years so that Patrick Mahomes has a young (under contract) defense by the time he gets paid.

You are not going to rely on defense during these seasons.... You are going to rely on offense and ball control.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:06 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:

New #Chiefs signing: Safety Harold Jones-Quartey.

Jones-Quartey played 1,006 combined regular season defensive snaps with the Bears in 2015 and 2016. In 2016, Jones-Quartey played 731 of those snaps and received a 62.4 overall grade and an 80.4 tackling grade.#ChiefsKingdom https://t.co/vI3ag4tT7u

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) March 7, 2019

[Reply]
Page 164 of 791
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168174214264664 > Last »
Up