ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: So. Was it Tom or Bill?
Tom Terrific 47 37.60%
Hoodie Bill 16 12.80%
Unsure 18 14.40%
Who cares about that poverty level team in Foxboro? 44 35.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll
Page 20 of 22
« First < 101617181920 2122 >
Nzoner's Game Room>It’s official: Pats were always Tom Brady. Not Bill Belichick.
Prison Bitch 07:50 PM 10-25-2020
Bill falls to 2-4 without Brady.

Brady goes to 5-2 with Tampa, turning them into a title contender immediately.

Tampa had the #1 SRS (points above avg team) in the NFL of +13.1. And that was before they trashed the Fighting Chuckies today.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:56 AM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Switzer and the Cowboys?
The Cowboys were loaded on both sides of the ball.

Switzer (and George Seifert in SF) were both bad coaches but both of these teams had elite offenses AND defenses.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:06 AM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
It's probably both. I think history has proven you basically need one of two elements to win a Super Bowl:

1. Great coach and great QB

2. Good coach/elite defense

I'm trying to think of the last team to win a SB with a garbage QB and a mediocre defense but an elite head coach. Or a team with an amazing QB, but an awful HC. There is probably an example somewhere.
Brian Billick and Trent Dilfer are a huge outlier
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:44 AM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Oh yeah, that's definitely one to think about. Although, they had a historically good defense as well.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:04 AM 11-09-2020
Brad Johnson and Jon Gruden were both terrible.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:06 AM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Brad Johnson and Jon Gruden were both terrible.
Pretty good defense there too.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:12 AM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Pretty good defense there too.
They were really fucking good. Only gave up 196 points all year. They allowed 10 or less points in 11 of there 19 games including postseason. Number 1 in yards and points allowed. 3 1st team all pros on D.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:15 AM 11-09-2020
Oh yeah, that's definitely one to think about. Although, they had a historically good defense as well.
That D was otherworldly. In the post season they allowed
3, 10, 3, 7 points.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:48 AM 11-09-2020
So both of these teams had historically good defenses, like I said. :-)

In all seriousness, that seems to be the one way you can get around having a great QB/great coach is to have not just a great defense but an all-time great defense.
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:44 PM 11-09-2020
So both of these teams had historically good defenses, like I said. :-)

In all seriousness, that seems to be the one way you can get around having a great QB/great coach is to have not just a great defense but an all-time great defense.
Right. That’s the thing. I can’t think of one crappy QB that won a SB without an elite defense. Was the Redskins defense great when Doug Williams won it?
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:46 PM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Definitely a crappy QB. Wouldn’t call Billick a great coach but he was okay.

But that defense is in the discussion for the best of all time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:36 PM 11-09-2020
Right. That’s the thing. I can’t think of one crappy QB that won a SB without an elite defense. Was the Redskins defense great when Doug Williams won it?
From looking at PFR, no they weren't great.

They were just an all-around good team (4th scoring offense, 6th scoring defense) with a great head coach.

Plus Williams was actually the backup. Jay Schroeder was the starter going into the season.
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:52 PM 11-09-2020

They were just an all-around good team (4th scoring offense, 6th scoring defense) with a great head coach.

Plus Williams was actually the backup. Jay Schroeder was the starter going into the season.
True but Schroeder wasn’t great either. Maybe that’s our outlier? Mediocre/decent Qb play, good but not elite defense, HOF coach.

Wait a second! Duh! How could I forget. The 2017 Eagles. Neither Wentz or Foles are great, although Wentz had a great year prior to injury and Doug is hardly a great coach and I don’t think their defense was anything real special that year. Lightning in a bottle is a real thing, after all
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:18 PM 11-09-2020

I think those dominant OL teams can be included. Vermiel would have probably won one if he could get A stop. Sometime.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:19 PM 11-09-2020
True but Schroeder wasn’t great either. Maybe that’s our outlier? Mediocre/decent Qb play, good but not elite defense, HOF coach.

Wait a second! Duh! How could I forget. The 2017 Eagles. Neither Wentz or Foles are great, although Wentz had a great year prior to injury and Doug is hardly a great coach and I don’t think their defense was anything real special that year. Lightning in a bottle is a real thing, after all
Foles had a Flacco-esque outlier playoffs. Dude was filthy for a month.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:14 AM 02-08-2021
How did this thread age?
[Reply]
Page 20 of 22
« First < 101617181920 2122 >
Up