ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1578 of 3903
« First < 578107814781528156815741575157615771578 157915801581158215881628167820782578 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 09:59 AM 04-22-2020
I think I have found something worse than models, hypotheticals.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:00 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
John, I'm going to go with option 2
You would sacrifice yourself , thank you. It would be the right thing to do.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:01 AM 04-22-2020
What if 20 of the 600 were over 80?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:01 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
So if there is never an effective/scalable vaccine created, no mass crowds ever again?
It's bigger than that... If we can't go to a concert or a game, then there is no way you can go on an airplane, subway or bus, and the cure becomes worse than virus as travel is essential to our economy. I am confident with contact tracing and the IFR rate being much lower than previously thought, that we can have policy and guidelines in place to protect the sustainability for those over 60-65 and/or have underlying conditions.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:01 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
FYI... here's what they do for the swab test. Tickle your brain...

From CDC

Nasopharyngeal swab: Insert flexible wire shaft minitip swab through the nares parallel to the palate (not upwards) until resistance is encountered or the distance is equivalent to that from the ear to the nostril of the patient, indicating contact with the nasopharynx. Swab should reach depth equal to distance from nostrils to outer opening of the ear. Gently rub and roll the swab. Leave swab in place for several seconds to absorb secretions. Slowly remove swab while rotating it.

This is required for asymptomatic people, but there are other ways to test if you are symptomatic that are much more humane.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:02 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
What if 20 of the 600 were over 80?
What if they were all under 9 years old.
[Reply]
tk13 10:02 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Not 25 million and counting for every day we are closed longer...
I don't know about that. Things are easy now because everybody can blame everything on the virus. Once everything opens up and the economy is still in the tank because people don't want to risk it, there's going to be nowhere to hide.

There is no chance the economy rebounds while this thing is still spreading easily. In some ways all this wrestling over the idea is kind of pointless.
[Reply]
TLO 10:03 AM 04-22-2020
What if God was one of us?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:04 AM 04-22-2020
600 people could go unemployed for a year to supposedly prevent a single death from COVID-19 and someone in that group could get hit by a bus and die, or commit suicide due to the stresses of being unemployed, etc.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:05 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
600 people could go unemployed for a year to supposedly prevent a single death from COVID-19 and someone in that group could get hit by a bus and die, or commit suicide due to the stresses of being unemployed, etc.
Or they could all get jobs tomorrow, and each person had to stab that 1 guy to death before leaving, and are now considered fugitives but now can't work.
[Reply]
tk13 10:07 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Or they could all get jobs tomorrow, and each person had to stab that 1 guy to death before leaving.
Or they could have been attacked by 100 rabbit-sized horses. Or 1 horse-sized rabbit.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:14 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Here's an article from the LA Times stating that immunity tests are showing that there was a TON more people infected by this thing before testing even began:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ting-la-county

It also shows that the mortality rate as a result of this data has gone way down to .1-.2%. Now, this is not peer reviewed yet, the study was done by USC. But, the prevailing attitude is that this thing was around a lot longer than January\February. FWIW.
didnt the LA mayor say that is only 4.4 percent of their population which left 95.6 percent with no antibodies?
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:15 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
I don't know about that. Things are easy now because everybody can blame everything on the virus. Once everything opens up and the economy is still in the tank because people don't want to risk it, there's going to be nowhere to hide.

There is no chance the economy rebounds while this thing is still spreading easily. In some ways all this wrestling over the idea is kind of pointless.
Yep. There was a woman on CNN last night that owns a salon in Georgia and she said she isn't going to open up and her clients don't want her to. I think you are going to find most businesses will be like that for awhile.

These business will also have to think about all the liability issues with re-opening.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:21 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
These business will also have to think about all the liability issues with re-opening.
The idea of "opening up" is really a misnomer, anyway.

Children will not return to school until the Fall at the earliest. Disneyland, concert venues and stadiums will not suddenly return to normal or open up because there will be strict Social Distancing orders in place. Restaurants will have maybe half their normal capacity and people that are currently working from home will continue to work from home.

And unfortunately, those people that are on the lower end of the wage scale will be the first to go back to their jobs but they'll be working in high risk conditions, whether they realize it or not.

It's really a sad state of affairs.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:22 AM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yep. There was a woman on CNN last night that owns a salon in Georgia and she said she isn't going to open up and her clients don't want her to. I think you are going to find most businesses will be like that for awhile.

My guess is that it'll come down to what people mean by "opening up." If we mean "packed seats 10-12 hours per day," then no, that's not happening. I'd be surprised if stylists and barbers didn't allow a couple of people at a time with enough spacing, though. Hell, throw a chair or two outside (on nice days) and do it that way.
[Reply]
Page 1578 of 3903
« First < 578107814781528156815741575157615771578 157915801581158215881628167820782578 > Last »
Up