ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Did Frank Clark get Tyreek Hill's money? If so... what's the plan?
Dante84 05:55 PM 04-23-2019
- It sounds like we are still moving forward with Chris Jones' extension, which will be around $20M / year.

- We just paid Frank Clark a shitton of money.

- We are going to make Pat Mahomes the highest paid player in NFL history, possibly as soon as next offseason.

- With Hill's status unknown, we clearly are not going to pay him until this situation irons out, and even then, perhaps the deal signed with Frank Clark today was indicative of our plan to not extend Hill.

- Assuming Hill is not in trouble, we have him under contract and he plays this season.

- We could franchise him next season. If we do that, and he's still not in trouble, he would be smart to hold out. And if that all occurs, then he would be a prime candidate for a tag & trade. What would he net in return?

What is the game plan for replacing Hill's production moving forward?

- Draft Hardman/Isabella/Other?
- Trade in 2020?
- FA in 2020?
- Extend Watkins beyond 2020?
- Does D-Rob or Pringle blow up?
- Do we change our offense and focus on a different attack plan?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:56 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Terez weighs in on the subject. Sounds promising!

Fuller is one I keep forgetting.

There’s no way they pay them all.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:58 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Terez weighs in on the subject. Sounds promising!

Fuck Yes!!!! I’m so moist!!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:58 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Fuller is one I keep forgetting.

There’s no way they pay them all.
They can find a way if they really want to. Schwartz deal needs to be re done in 2 years as well
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:00 PM 04-23-2019

All three

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) April 24, 2019

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:03 PM 04-23-2019
They must be expecting the new CBA to change things drastically. Because I don’t see how they could ever fit Clark, Mahomes, Jones, Hill, Fuller, HB, etc. all under the current cap structure.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:06 PM 04-23-2019
June 2nd we'll get that Berry bread. 10 Mill IIRC
[Reply]
Bump 10:06 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
It would really be a downer to lose Hill with Pat setting the world on fire. His skills align with Pat's so well. All that said, great WRs aren't the secret sauce to winning super bowls. How many rings did Moss, TO, Julio Jones, AB, Hopkins, etc win?

I'm not the biggest Cowherd fan but I tend to agree with his "WRs are the icing on the cake" position. Great QBs elevate the receivers around them. Great WRs are not needed to win it all.
theres's been some great WR's that have won Superbowls tho...
[Reply]
BossChief 10:12 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
They must be expecting the new CBA to change things drastically. Because I don’t see how they could ever fit Clark, Mahomes, Jones, Hill, Fuller, HB, etc. all under the current cap structure.
We have 20m+ in cap space right now.

An extension for Jones wouldn’t hit a big cap # till 2021 if signed this offseason. Extensions are tacked on to the end of the current deal. Same with Hill. And Fuller. 2019/2020 are the last 2 years of the current CBA. All reports suggest the cap will go way up after that.

So, it’s all about how the deals get structured...but they can afford those 3 and still be fine.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:16 PM 04-23-2019
You realize they can still afford Hill right? It's not that difficult to fit him in with all the room they will have.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:16 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
We have 20m+ in cap space right now.

An extension for Jones wouldn’t hit a big cap # till 2021 if signed this offseason. Extensions are tacked on to the end of the current deal. Same with Hill. And Fuller. 2019/2020 are the last 2 years of the current CBA. All reports suggest the cap will go way up after that.

So, it’s all about how the deals get structured...but they can afford those 3 and still be fine.
Hill, Fuller, and Jones’ deals all expire after this season though.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:30 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by :
The trade does NOT impact KC’s ability to sign Jones, Hill or Fuller.
I can tweet that me my 270 lb weight does not impact my ability to have sex with Chrissy Teigen.

Doesn't make it true.

Ok well actually that is true because she aint having sex with me at any weight. But you get the idea.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:30 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
EVERYTHING IS GROOVY, MAN! NO PROBLEMS HERE AT ALL! JUST SPEND, BABY!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:32 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I can tweet that me my 270 lb weight does not impact my ability to have sex with Chrissy Teigen.

Doesn't make it true.

Ok well actually that is true because she aint having sex with me at any weight. But you get the idea.
NUH-UH, DUDE! I SAID "GROOVY", BABY! FEEL MY HEAT!

FEEL,
FEEL,
FEEL,
FEEL MUH HEAT....
[Reply]
wazu 10:33 PM 04-23-2019
2020 Franchise Tag
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:35 PM 04-23-2019
Hill will probably play underneath the tag unless he gets a deal done next year. I expect Jones to be locked up before the season starts
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up