ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 172
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
salame 02:15 AM 03-04-2016
I can't wait to see how they tie this all up. Jimmy is such an interesting character. I know this is sacrilege but I think I like this show just as much as I liked BB.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:17 AM 03-04-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
This is the story.

But I'm lost on Mike's story. If he sat outside her house all night, she dreamed the gunshots and whatever the mark on the side of the house is, what are they getting at? Are they shaking her down? Does she have PTSD? What?

PTSD of sorts, yes. She's scared shitless and paranoid. Mike loves her and feels guilty, so he's playing along to help.
[Reply]
frankotank 08:49 AM 03-04-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
PTSD of sorts, yes. She's scared shitless and paranoid. Mike loves her and feels guilty, so he's playing along to help.
so...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
notorious 09:17 AM 03-04-2016
Jimmy takes shortcuts. That's why he bypassed the screening of his ad.
[Reply]
Gonzo 11:09 AM 03-04-2016
Just an awesome show. I love seeing how Mike is progressing. I am so hoping we get to see how he's introduced to Gus this season.
[Reply]
Otter 01:10 PM 03-04-2016
Heh, check this out..."Mike" circa Beverly Hills Cop and True Romance:

Gotta wonder how you get that look without having to strangle a man with your shoelace in the jungle or hang out too long with a person that has "capo" preceding his name.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 03:02 PM 03-04-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Hmm. I got a totally different vibe from that scene. Almost as if she is making it up to get a new place or something. I got the feeling she made the mark on the house to get Mike to pony up the cash. I could be way off though.
[Reply]
BigRichard 03:07 PM 03-04-2016
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Hmm. I got a totally different vibe from that scene. Almost as if she is making it up to get a new place or something. I got the feeling she made the mark on the house to get Mike to pony up the cash. I could be way off though.
That was how I was leaning.
[Reply]
eDave 05:15 PM 03-04-2016
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
That was how I was leaning.
Same initial vibe.
[Reply]
Jamie 08:20 PM 03-04-2016
I thought the same, because it would explain why she was so adamant that he not stay the night. And I'm pretty sure Mike realizes what she's doing and is going along with it anyway.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:27 PM 03-05-2016
Originally Posted by notorious:
Jimmy takes shortcuts. That's why he bypassed the screening of his ad.
If he takes shortcuts, then why did he go out of his way to produce an ad when the firm was perfectly content with putting an ad in the market. A lot of work for something Mains shrugged off.

Jimmy is trying to do the right thing. He put unnecessary pressure on himself to succeed because he wants to prove to his brother he can do the job and do it legitimately. He knows the boring ad will bomb and that his brother will immediately shout about how Jimmy can't do the job unless he cheats. His need to prove his brother wrong was the one thing he did wrong in an otherwise very clean approach.

Jimmy's approach isn't disturbing. Mains didn't seem to mind when Jimmy was doing shady shit he didn't know about, and actually encouraged Jimmy to keep doing it. He pretty much implied that marketing was Jimmy's thing and that he was fine with whatever Jimmy thought was best. So if Mains is pissy about Jimmy testing out an ad, it's pretty hypocritical. In this case, it doesn't seem at all like Jimmy's trying to be slippery. That he gets in huge trouble for trying to go legit... well, that seems like a pretty good setup for what we all know will eventually happen.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:15 AM 03-06-2016
Saw a 1 min clip where Kim gets it from the hhm brass in a meeting for knowing about the commercial...oh Saul
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:49 PM 03-06-2016
Originally Posted by Otter:
Heh, check this out..."Mike" circa Beverly Hills Cop and True Romance:

Gotta wonder how you get that look without having to strangle a man with your shoelace in the jungle or hang out too long with a person that has "capo" preceding his name.
Jonathan Banks has been around forever.

He's got about a million Tv credits from the 80s and 90s.

Before Breaking Bad I mainly remembered him from 'Wiseguy' in he 80s
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 03:46 PM 03-06-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

Love the dude, but I don't understand why he's afraid of sunscreen.

They shoot in the desert, and even over the past few years look at the skin damage and sun spots!

5 more seasons of BCS and he's going to be geriatric Freddy Krueger
[Reply]
frankotank 08:45 PM 03-06-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

wow what a blast from the past.
man....Wiseguy was my absolute favorite show back in the day.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 172
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Up