ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 154 of 172
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
Buehler445 11:20 AM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
They did it to Howard because he was the lead attorney on the sandpiper case. They did everything just to get it closed quicker so Saul could get his money quicker.
And Kim could start her pro bono law practice.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:50 PM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Especially since Jesse was in New Mexico and Adriana was killed somewhere in New Jersey.

Andrea was shot on her doorstep in BB
Adriana was shot in the woods by Silvio in The Sopranos.

Ah, didnt realize we were talking different shows
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:53 PM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Ah, didnt realize we were talking different shows
We weren't necessarily, but the notion of most senseless/tragic deaths in television narrative came up.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:53 PM 05-25-2022
Btw, I think ozark missed a big opportunity by killing off Javi so soon. Lalo might be one of the most intriguing characters in the two series and they’re both downright terrifying because of their nonchalance in cold blooded murder. He’s like a slick competent version of Todd. Gotta hope the guy sticks around for the bulk of the series finale.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:47 PM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Kim reminds me so much of Walt. Both very upstanding and smart people in the beginning but slowly they both fall into this shit and their integrity snaps u til you don’t feel sorry for them anymore. I’m there with her.

It’s funny. Tonight’s parallel reminded me of Hank’s death. “You’re the smartest guy I’ve ever met” and tonight’s “And you. One of the smartest and most promising human beings I’ve ever known.”
Meh, Kim's pro bono work still shines a light on her true character.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:53 PM 05-25-2022
What do we read into Howard calling Kim the smartest person he’s ever met. Seems a nod to hanks comment to Walt before he was killed.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 09:23 AM 05-26-2022
Random thoughts:

I thought Charles McGill was the smartest person Howard ever met. He certainly revered him. Calling Kim that was a shaming tactic. (not that she isn't smart)

The blame for Howards death doesn't go on Jimmy and Kim. They didn't know that Howard was going to show up at their door. Or Lalo either. Certainly not at the same time. Lalo is a ruthless person with no regard for life/property of others.

Kim is as deep into the con as Jimmy. They've shown that she is accustomed to deceit from her childhood.
[Reply]
notorious 01:18 PM 05-26-2022
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
Random thoughts:

I thought Charles McGill was the smartest person Howard ever met. He certainly revered him. Calling Kim that was a shaming tactic. (not that she isn't smart)

The blame for Howards death doesn't go on Jimmy and Kim. They didn't know that Howard was going to show up at their door. Or Lalo either. Certainly not at the same time. Lalo is a ruthless person with no regard for life/property of others.

Kim is as deep into the con as Jimmy. They've shown that she is accustomed to deceit from her childhood.
"Well, we might as well get this over with".

They knew he was coming, but Lalo not so much.

It wasn't their fault Howard died, but they set off the chain of events that led to it. Just like Walt with the kid, Hank, and Gomey.
[Reply]
lcarus 01:38 PM 05-26-2022
Random thoughts:

It was a shaming tactic for sure, but he said one of the smartest
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:43 AM 05-27-2022
Random thoughts:

Well, point being that the context was the same. She’s one of the smartest person he knows yet stupid enough to get caught up in something so stupid. Vince gilligan doesn’t do these things by coincidence. It’s foreshadowing something. Can’t wait to find out what that is but it doesn’t seem to bode well for Kim.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:19 AM 06-04-2022
What a mid season finale. Feel bad for Howard. I still wonder if this just ends with Jimmy alone and working cinnabon. Past episodes he looks very unhappy when they cut to those scenes. I assume those are all after BB, right?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:25 PM 07-11-2022

[Reply]
stumppy 08:33 PM 07-11-2022
Hell yea!
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 08:35 PM 07-11-2022
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:01 PM 07-11-2022
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Hell yea!
As they say, you fail to plan and you plan to fail.

spoiler to discuss tonight's episode through foreshadowed events

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 154 of 172
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164 > Last »
Up