ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 272 of 301
« First < 172222262268269270271272 273274275276282 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:35 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Don’t everyone line up at once to buy season tickets with the prospect of Tanner Roark and Sergio Romo leading the 2020 Royals to a World Series title.

They have some decent pieces but it's tough to get excited about tbis group. I don't feel they are an off season of cheap moves away from being decent. Just meh about the team right now.

Also Mahomes is just taking all the oxygen out of the KC sports scene.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 02:47 PM 11-04-2019
I think they are 2 years agos draft class away from being competitive. Those 3 pitchers will (hopefully) usher in our next golden period.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 04:50 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
I think they are 2 years agos draft class away from being competitive. Those 3 pitchers will (hopefully) usher in our next golden period.
What's encouraging so far, not a single one of the significant pitchers from that draft class has really fallen off. If they all pass the AA test, it doesn't guarantee MLB success...but it sure would be quite a feat and something to be excited about. So far, Singer and Kower have seemed to handle AA just fine. I'm fairly certain that Lynch will as well. Haake, Bubic, Bowlin, Cox and Heasley (add Steele in as well) will be interesting to watch as they take their turns at AA.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:11 PM 11-04-2019
Alex Wood is who I hope the Royals take a run at. Could be a big boom bust prospect as a starting pitcher.

I also would like them to kick the tires on Moose. I really like Dozier at 1st.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:16 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
What's encouraging so far, not a single one of the significant pitchers from that draft class has really fallen off. If they all pass the AA test, it doesn't guarantee MLB success...but it sure would be quite a feat and something to be excited about. So far, Singer and Kower have seemed to handle AA just fine. I'm fairly certain that Lynch will as well. Haake, Bubic, Bowlin, Cox and Heasley (add Steele in as well) will be interesting to watch as they take their turns at AA.
Bubic is going to be the best pitcher this organization had developed since Greinke. Hes going to be a top of the rotation kinda guy and hopefully they bring him slow so he can get here right after Matheny is fired, so that he doesn't ruin him. Im hoping this happens to all the pitchers in the minors. Don't need that retard ruining any of those guys.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:36 PM 11-04-2019
Also who is going to be our shitty gritty vet signing that DM does every year.

Qualifications:

Terrible at the plate

Can "play" multiple positions, but plays them all at a below average rate.

Had one halfway productive season within the last 3 years

So take your guesses guys. Who's that player that is going to enrage us all for a quarter of the season? That gritty mother fucker who Dayton will be sitting next to at the press conference and will talk about said players "versatility". My only hope is that Sherman tells Dayton hell to the no on these types of signings. If PB is right (let's be real here when isn't he right?), then Sherman won't be able to afford these types of signings.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:48 AM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Also who is going to be our shitty gritty vet signing that DM does every year.

Qualifications:

Terrible at the plate

Can "play" multiple positions, but plays them all at a below average rate.

Had one halfway productive season within the last 3 years

So take your guesses guys. Who's that player that is going to enrage us all for a quarter of the season? That gritty mother fucker who Dayton will be sitting next to at the press conference and will talk about said players "versatility". My only hope is that Sherman tells Dayton hell to the no on these types of signings. If PB is right (let's be real here when isn't he right?), then Sherman won't be able to afford these types of signings.

Clearly: Brock Holt
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:28 AM 11-05-2019
I'm really excited for the 2020 season...........

[Reply]
Mecca 10:49 AM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
I get this excitement I really do.....however if you want to use typical baseball trajectory, you listed 8 names.

4 of them won't make the majors, at least 1 of them will get injured, and at least one ends up a reliever.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 10:56 AM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I get this excitement I really do.....however if you want to use typical baseball trajectory, you listed 8 names.

4 of them won't make the majors, at least 1 of them will get injured, and at least one ends up a reliever.
Not excited yet - that comes if they all pass the AA test. And as for your scenario? I'll take that...if you hit on two of them and get a good power arm in the bullpen, mix in Keller and Junis and supplement w/ free agency...that should at least get us to a point of contention if we don't see multiple regressions or injuries with our position players.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:09 PM 11-05-2019
Duncan, what's your take on Alex Wood as a reclamation project?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:21 PM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Duncan, what's your take on Alex Wood as a reclamation project?

I would like it. He’s a lefty with good stuff. Get him in on a short deal and he has the potential to really hold some value at the trade deadline.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see moore go get someone like Roark or even Julio Teheran, though.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:35 PM 11-05-2019
Cleveland Steamer out with ‘20 projections. I remember how angry this used to make doosh Hootie and SaulGood would yap all season about the incorrect calls. (Never has much to say about all the correct ones for some odd reason but may he RIP)

https://www.fangraphs.com/projection...=all&players=0

Not a lot of changes from last year. It says Whit will continue to decline (1.8war) and Dozier will take a steep decline losing 1/2 his war to 1.7war. Mondi leads as you’d expect but only at 2.4 which is really low to me. Big Sal comes back to deliver 1.5 War for the 25m combined we paid him for last year and this one.

Brady Dinger gets 30 IP or something.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:19 PM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Cleveland Steamer out with ‘20 projections. I remember how angry this used to make doosh Hootie and SaulGood would yap all season about the incorrect calls. (Never has much to say about all the correct ones for some odd reason but may he RIP)

https://www.fangraphs.com/projection...=all&players=0

Not a lot of changes from last year. It says Whit will continue to decline (1.8war) and Dozier will take a steep decline losing 1/2 his war to 1.7war. Mondi leads as you’d expect but only at 2.4 which is really low to me. Big Sal comes back to deliver 1.5 War for the 25m combined we paid him for last year and this one.

Brady Dinger gets 30 IP or something.
It's really going to suck if Whit does decline and we wasted his best years for nothing. His SB went from 45 to 20 and OBP decreased by almost 20 from 2018 to 2019. Too early to tell if that's just a one year swing or a sign of a gradual decline.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:46 PM 11-12-2019
Rays GM won executive of the year. In a 1-30 ranking, I wonder where Dayton Moore would rank...
[Reply]
Page 272 of 301
« First < 172222262268269270271272 273274275276282 > Last »
Up