Page 15 of 25
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
In Memoriam>RIP Flopnuts
Hammock Parties 08:14 PM 05-10-2020
He has passed.
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:47 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Groves:
I was to meet him and others at a Springfield Chiefsplanet getogether. I was looking forward to using my, "Mr. Flopnuts, I presume" line, but alas he didn't show. That's where I met MOHillbilly and Luv.

Flop is having the last laugh, as other people are getting his kidneys, but hopefully not his liver!
:-) Ah yes, the legendary Springfield get-togethers. There was that one, which I'm sure was epic, and the other one where luv and I went over to Dinny's pad for a Chiefs game.

In all seriousness I do have to say Dinny was a great host that day, he made fantastic BBQ and even went all out on a homemade key lime pie.
[Reply]
Sofa King 01:54 PM 05-11-2020
Sitting here at 35 years old, feeling bad, missing someone by the name of Mr. Flopnuts who i never got to even meet IRL.

What a world we live in.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:04 PM 05-11-2020
Flop was a regular contributor to my non-profit. As a mod, he would often sticky my threads asking for support or strategically “bump them” when they went off the front page (without admitting that’s what he was doing). I started this whole thing when I was 18 years old, and I was nervous to bring it up here (especially due to some of my past screwups that the mods were privy too). He had 100% faith in me from the beginning and always supported us without question.

I honestly don’t know if my non-profit gets the attention it does on here without him - and that attention mattered. Members on here have donated thousands to my non-profit and Flop was a big reason it got attention - and that money went toward constructing two schools in Nepal and Kenya.

Flop was a good one. This one cuts deep. RIP, Flop.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:06 PM 05-11-2020
I'm at a loss for words.

Mike was a complicated guy, just like most of us. When he first joined, we clashed pretty hard but it wasn't too long before we became good friends.

We'd email and Facebook message and we'd send each other rep notes all the time. And like others have said, the dude would give you the shirt off his back if he thought it would make you feel better. I asked a simple question about selling my timeshare in Cabo, to which I expected a brief response but instead, receive a massively detailed email with so much information that I could barely wrap my around it the first time I read it.

We had lost touch the past few years, as I have with most in this forum but he was never forgotten. It's really sad that he passed so young but I know he's happy to see on of his best friends and the guy that turned him onto Chiefsplanet in Mike Hall (Mad Max here on the forum).

Rest in peace, Brother and we'll see you on the other side...
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:11 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Sitting here at 35 years old, feeling bad, missing someone by the name of Mr. Flopnuts who i never got to even meet IRL.

What a world we live in.
I had never met Fire Me Boy! but I was in tears when typing out my post in his thread. :-)
[Reply]
kstater 02:31 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I thought long and hard about making that joke last night but it seemed too soon. :-)
I spent a little time deciding how to phrase it. I really wanted to just post his joke, but it's been so long since that happened , that enough people wouldnt understand it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sofa King 02:48 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I had never met Fire Me Boy! but I was in tears when typing out my post in his thread. :-)
Yup. It sucks. He was one of my favorites. Loves the rep messages, even if they weren't all that many anymore.
[Reply]
Sofa King 03:01 PM 05-11-2020
"Anyone else catch the... 12-01-2008 06:37 PM Mr. Flopnuts Welcome to the planet"

My first rep I ever received at CP. I'd lurked forever up until this point before I finally started posting.
[Reply]
Graystoke 03:10 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
"Anyone else catch the... 12-01-2008 06:37 PM Mr. Flopnuts Welcome to the planet"

My first rep I ever received at CP. I'd lurked forever up until this point before I finally started posting.
I remember when I joined I got a rep from him and I was like WTF is this place?

Bummer news
RIP Flop
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 03:30 PM 05-11-2020
R.I.P., Flop....life is too short.... :-)

Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Been brought up several times. Everyone says great idea and just doesn’t happen. We need a place to put the RIP threads.
Agreed
[Reply]
kc rush 04:14 PM 05-11-2020
Ugh. This one hurts. Floppy was great. RIP Mr. Flopnuts
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 04:25 PM 05-11-2020
Well, my day just got a whole lot shittier.

Thanks for all the laughs and being an awesome Chiefs fan.
RIP Flop....
[Reply]
kysirsoze 04:26 PM 05-11-2020
Didn't know him personally but he was a favorite poster of mine and seemed like a great guy. I know a lot of you knew him well. My condolences. And for him to be so young, too. This is really sad.
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 04:45 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
I didn't know Mr. Flopnuts in real life, but I was always curious about his CP nickname. Does anyone know the origin story behind it? I was never sure if it was in reference to something kind of gross, or if he was an avid poker player.

RIP Flopnuts.
Poker. He told me how he got the name and I'll probably screw it up, but here goes the parts I remember...

He was playing against an Asian guy and and won a hand on the final flop. The guy thought Mike was nuts for holding what cards he played. The guy ended up telling Mike that he was "Crazy Meestah Fropnuts".
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:56 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by rockymtnchief:
Poker. He told me how he got the name and I'll probably screw it up, but here goes the parts I remember...

He was playing against an Asian guy and and won a hand on the final flop. The guy thought Mike was nuts for holding what cards he played. The guy ended up telling Mike that he was "Crazy Meestah Fropnuts".
No, you pretty much nailed it.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 25
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up