ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 153
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:31 PM 12-28-2019

The Mandalorian's Baby Yoda Has a Real Name, But Bob Iger Won't Tell You https://t.co/Y1u6jGdjHK #TheMandalorian pic.twitter.com/3HazGbcj5Q

— Comic Book Resources (@CBR) December 28, 2019

[Reply]
Mosbonian 05:11 PM 12-28-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Same here. This is the “Star Wars” universe type of shows that I want to see.
Same here for me too....got Disney+ on the 23rd and binge watched the whole series this week.

Now can't wait to see the new season.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 12:57 AM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The Mandalorian is the best Star Wars thing since Jedi.

Period.
What did you think of Rogue One?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:53 AM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
What did you think of Rogue One?
Absolutely awesome, but the story was mostly written already. We knew how it ended. It leaned heavily upon ANH and established characters.

We don't know how the Mando started or ended and it mostly only depends on entirely new characters.

Which is why it gets my vote for THE BEST FUCKING THING EVER since '83.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:30 PM 12-29-2019
Awesome episode ... one question is I wonder who is the person with the noisy boots that walked to the dead Hunter a few episodes back? Did I miss something?

Can't wait for s2
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:00 PM 12-29-2019
That's one of the things I'm wanting to dig into on re-watch. That closing scene is there for a reason, and that character, whoever it is, probably appears somewhere earlier in the episode.

I want to figure out who the Armorer is, too. I saw Death Watch insignia when young Din was rescued, and the character that Favreau voiced was listed in the credits as a Visla. So the Tribe is connected to some big names from Clone Wars and Rebels.

Going to be fun seeing where this whole thing goes, whether The Mandalorian ends up uniting the remnants of the whole culture.

My question is where the bit about never removing the helmet comes from. Because Mandalorians we saw in Cline Wars and Rebels had their helmets off as much as they have them on. So maybe The Tribe is an older, more primitive or traditional cult.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:05 PM 12-29-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
That's one of the things I'm wanting to dig into on re-watch. That closing scene is there for a reason, and that character, whoever it is, probably appears somewhere earlier in the episode.

I want to figure out who the Armorer is, too. I saw Death Watch insignia when young Din was rescued, and the character that Favreau voiced was listed in the credits as a Visla. So the Tribe is connected to some big names from Clone Wars and Rebels.

Going to be fun seeing where this whole thing goes, whether The Mandalorian ends up uniting the remnants of the whole culture.

My question is where the bit about never removing the helmet comes from. Because Mandalorians we saw in Clone Wars and Rebels had their helmets off as much as they have them on. So maybe The Tribe is an older, more primitive or traditional cult.
Wonder if they'd go Bobo Fett? Idk..he has boots like the right? I just started clone wars series as well. I saw there is a chronological order on the net I should watch it in rather than the release order on d+. Going to fire up Rebels after that. I've heard that dark saber was in that series?

I hope they talk more about the mandolrian helmet rule too. That leader was a badass too... hopefully she made it.

Curious where this baby Yoda story will go.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:35 AM 12-30-2019
God I love this show. Are we a year out from the next season?

There was an awful lot of good in this and not much bad.

I'm going to definitely rewatch this. A lot. In the face.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:11 AM 12-30-2019
Put in spoilers just in case (regarding curiosities about the timeline of the story)

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:54 AM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Put in spoilers just in case (regarding curiosities about the timeline of the story)

Spoiler!
its a different one
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:28 AM 12-30-2019

Spoiler!
They didn’t provide it a name so they called it Baby Yoda. It’s not Yoda.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:10 AM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
They didn’t provide it a name so they called it Baby Yoda. It’s not Yoda.
Right, casual fans like the name and baby Yoda but dont realize its not the baby Yoda from the movies.

Do we even know if he's just a member of Yoda's race, something similar or a clone?

Also, Disney is saying they know the name of Baby Yoda but withheld it for suspense purposes. I call BS. Disney had no clue Baby Yoda was going to blow up like this or they would have flooded the Christmas market with Baby Yoda merchandise.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 06:39 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Also, Disney is saying they know the name of Baby Yoda but withheld it for suspense purposes. I call BS. Disney had no clue Baby Yoda was going to blow up like this or they would have flooded the Christmas market with Baby Yoda merchandise.
He plays such a central role I think they knew exactly what they had. Or at least knew what they wanted from him. The decision to forego insane holiday sales is a little curious, though.
[Reply]
RustShack 06:50 PM 12-30-2019

Spoiler!
It’s not Yoda, it’s a different person of the same race. Their race fought the Mandalorians in the past. That’s why he said “he’s my enemy?”
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:30 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by RustShack:
It’s not Yoda, it’s a different person of the same race. Their race fought the Mandalorians in the past. That’s why he said “he’s my enemy?”
As far as I understand it, the Mandalorians are not a race.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 153
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up