ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 42
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Media Center>Stranger Things (Netflix)...
unlurking 09:25 AM 06-10-2016
This looks great...

[Reply]
notorious 12:34 PM 11-05-2017
Originally Posted by cookster50:
I think everyone is being a bit hard on episode 7. It is clearly a setup for a future season. It also answers the question if there are others out there with abilities. I'm sure we'll see more than just the two of them together again.
They better be careful. Almost everyone I've talked to say they HATE the goon squad dumbasses.

I probably won't watch if they become regulars. It's that bad IMO.
[Reply]
unlurking 12:45 PM 11-05-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
They better be careful. Almost everyone I've talked to say they HATE the goon squad dumbasses.

Agreed. Good for them to have tested it out in a season 2 episode. Hopefully they take that feedback to heart.

And I really don't think we needed to answer the question of whether there were others. Eleven is no One for a reason. The mother also displayed abilities. It's obvious that El is not a one-off. We had no need to know about anyone outside of Hawkins this season.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:49 PM 11-05-2017
:-)

they want to warp this into a Netflix X-Men, I'm out.
[Reply]
notorious 12:56 PM 11-05-2017
The producers supposedly listen to the fans, so I hope they avoid it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:02 PM 11-05-2017
The producers supposedly listen to the fans, so I hope they avoid it.
Netflix can do a spinoff if they want to squeeze more money and shows out of their popular show.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:12 PM 11-05-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Netflix can do a spinoff if they want to squeeze more money and shows out of their popular show.
Plenty of writers off 'Heroes' looking for work, I guess.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:29 PM 11-05-2017
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I don't think you would like I Spit On Your Grave part 2.....:-)
You're probably right. I was goaded into watching SThings last year and said afterwards, I probably won't watch the next season. I got goaded into it again, but said I would have to leave during certain parts. Then I asked what happened and went back and filled in the gaps but only during daylight hours and knowing how it ends. :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:41 PM 11-05-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
You're probably right. I was goaded into watching SThings last year and said afterwards, I probably won't watch the next season. I got goaded into it again, but said I would have to leave during certain parts. Then I asked what happened and went back and filled in the gaps but only during daylight hours and knowing how it ends. :-)
Lol it's kind of funny how much this show scares you
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:57 PM 11-08-2017
Not every episode is going to be a masterpiece, but if you think of Episode 7 as "Luke goes to Dagobah" it's necessary to explain how her powers grew to the point where they were as great as they needed to be to cap the season off.

As far as new characters go:

Owens: Reiser was perfect. Anyone who saw Aliens was expecting him to be a slimy cunt and he was the exact inverse in many ways. Great writing

Max: Nice to have a tertiary love interest for the other boys, I guess, and provide perspective of the outside, but otherwise, she was kind of a 'meh' addition

Billy: Worthless, one-note character. Yes, they added a scintilla of depth in episode 8; altogether, he served very little purpose.

Bob: Suffered the fate of the great guy boyfriend who the female lead doesn't love quite as much. Astin played the hell out of him, though.

-------------------

That stuff aside, I only have one thing to say:

Steve, you da real MVP.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:37 PM 11-08-2017
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
65% of the 80's rock catalog is songs about running away.
Touché. :-)
[Reply]
ohiobronco2 10:59 PM 11-08-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
kcxiv 11:00 PM 11-08-2017
Just Started watching this, 2 episodes in. Yeah, i should have watched it earlier.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 10:31 AM 11-09-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:

Bob: Suffered the fate of the great guy boyfriend who the female lead doesn't love quite as much. Astin played the hell out of him, though.

Read an article that thought Bob wanting to move back to Maine and his story to Will about being freaked by clowns as a kid was a reference/easter egg to IT and Pennywise.

The Max storyline was interesting as a contrast to season 1. In the first season it was Lucas who didn't want El around and thought she was a traitor thus causing friction with Mike. In the second season Mike re-pays the favor by being bitchy to Max.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:09 AM 11-10-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Just finished the season. Like most everyone else, I think season 2 was better than the first. Minus episode 7 of course. Although Mike was getting really freaking annoying. Ended up rooting for him to get eaten by demi-dogs by the end.
:-)

We just finished season 2 up last night. Mike annoyed me throughout the season with him not letting Max "in the group". Then, when Eleven comes back and Mike flips out on Hopper, I told my wife that he should have just punched the kid to end that shit. From that point on, I was hoping he'd get eaten.
[Reply]
B_Ambuehl 09:27 AM 11-10-2017
I thought having Sean Astin play a role was a nice touch due to his younger role in The Goonies.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 42
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up