ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 155 of 173
« First < 55105145151152153154155 156157158159165 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
shrlked 01:47 PM 04-09-2017
This seemed like a perfect place for my first post on CP. Long time lurker. Ed, like many here, I've kept up with your journey and appreciate your honesty and sharing your faith. May your faith, friends, family and prayers of others sustain you in as you finish your earthly journey.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:57 PM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I don't know how much longer I will be able to sit at my computer and make posts, so I wanted to share something with you all now, to put my mind at ease that I got to say it. The multitude of you who have expressed such wonderful sentiments to me has been truly overwhelming. I never really thought I could inspire people, let alone to the degree you all tell me I have. My friend Chris who is a global outreach minister and goes to some nasty, scary places to bring God's word such as Ethiopia, northern India where radical Hindus rule, and Liberia said that my purpose here may well have been to show through my suffering how a man of faith in Jesus lives and how he dies. I may have brought many closer to Christ and eternal salvation and when I do pass, I will hear, "well done, my faithful servant."

I want to thank you all once again for how you have touched my life with all the prayers, support, and love these past two and a half years. It has made more of a difference in my life than I can put into words. I love you all.
We love you too brother... And we're still praying...
[Reply]
Buzz 06:43 PM 04-09-2017
I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. If your going to take a trip, maybe not the one you planned, I hear it's paradise. Praying if you have to go, you go peacefully. You are a good dude, see you around.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 07:00 PM 04-09-2017
You are truly a man of faith. Well done, Ed.
[Reply]
Strongside 07:29 PM 04-09-2017
Ed, as someone said a few posts ago, there's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. You're a warrior, man.

In life, it's not about how you go, it's about how you live. And you, by all accounts, have 100% made the most of it. You've impacted many lives here and elsewhere, I'm sure. In the end, what matters for all of us isn't money, or fame, or possessions. It's legacy – it's how we made those we came in contact with feel. I can't speak for others, but you've been truly inspiring to me personally over the last 2.5 years. Don't ever stop fighting this horrible disease, and thank you so much for sharing this journey with us.

I'll have a beer for you tonight. Cheers, Ed. Cheers.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:56 PM 04-09-2017
Ed, this was the one place, the one thread in this joint that made me feel like I was having a normal everyday conversation with a great fellow human being.
I'm certainly guilty of taking things to extremes and being a "net fool" at times for sure, but I've always appreciated the good talk we've had for so long, and the much-needed perspective you've brought to my life and to the lives of many others.

To say that I'm going to miss you is a massive understatement.

Thank you for everything.

-J
[Reply]
btlook1 01:41 AM 04-10-2017
ED

I like many have followed your story for quite awhile. I wish you the best of luck and have admired your honestly and fight. May peace be with you!
[Reply]
tredadda 04:16 AM 04-10-2017
I don't know how much longer I will be able to sit at my computer and make posts, so I wanted to share something with you all now, to put my mind at ease that I got to say it. The multitude of you who have expressed such wonderful sentiments to me has been truly overwhelming. I never really thought I could inspire people, let alone to the degree you all tell me I have. My friend Chris who is a global outreach minister and goes to some nasty, scary places to bring God's word such as Ethiopia, northern India where radical Hindus rule, and Liberia said that my purpose here may well have been to show through my suffering how a man of faith in Jesus lives and how he dies. I may have brought many closer to Christ and eternal salvation and when I do pass, I will hear, "well done, my faithful servant."

I want to thank you all once again for how you have touched my life with all the prayers, support, and love these past two and a half years. It has made more of a difference in my life than I can put into words. I love you all.
I rarely ever post on here anymore, just mainly read but I had to say that your words were powerful. You are indeed showing how a man of God faces his own mortality and doing so with a grace and dignity that is worthy of respect and honor. Thank you for sharing it with all of us and may you truly embrace those words "well done, my faithful servant". Perhaps we will have an opportunity to meet up in heaven one day and cheer on the Chiefs and share their annual disappointment and wonder if this will indeed be the year they draft a QB in round 1.
[Reply]
ExtremeChief 08:02 AM 04-10-2017
God bless you Ed. Thank you for sharing all you have. You have been quite the motivation to folks on here. Be proud of how many folks you have touched. It's really amazing.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:22 AM 04-10-2017

May you have a Vikings entrance through the pearly gates Ed.

Prayers for you and your family.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 10:34 AM 04-10-2017
Enjoy the golden streets and the songs of angels, Ed. God, no doubt , will give you a fast pass for admission.
[Reply]
tooge 11:12 AM 04-10-2017

Oh my......Ed, wow. You sir are perhaps the most inspirational person I've ever come across. We've never met. I had the chance when a bunch of CPers met in shawnee a few years back, and I couldn't pull it off. I wish I had, but, perhaps because I heard it from you, a guy that is terminal, to not have regrets, I shouldn't. I hope and pray that when my time comes, I have the courage and resolve you've had throughout this entire ordeal. You are THE man Ed. God bless you, though he already has. When the time comes, Godspeed Ed. Prayers. Amen
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:14 AM 04-10-2017

Your documentation of this journey will help so many of us more than you can ever comprehend, Ed. Peace be with you brother. I hope to visit you in paradise one day. You will certainly be there.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:47 AM 04-10-2017
God bless brutha, and GodSpeed. You have made a positive impact in this world...and now on to a better one.
[Reply]
temper11 11:53 AM 04-10-2017
Thank you Ed, for your courage. God bless.
[Reply]
Page 155 of 173
« First < 55105145151152153154155 156157158159165 > Last »
Up