ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1694 of 3903
« First < 694119415941644168416901691169216931694 169516961697169817041744179421942694 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:19 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Those 2 Cali docs in scrubs in the video above are now facing some harsh criticism.

California doctors with dubious COVID conclusions debunked
Health experts were quick to say the doctors’ findings were misguided and riddled with statistical errors.

[...]

In a rare statement late today, the American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine declared they “emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Messihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical societies and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19. As owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health.”
Is anyone really shocked?
[Reply]
ghak99 05:22 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I bring work clothes in a bag , change into them , then change back before leaving

They don’t want you putting scrubs on at home going to work with them.
It's still not a barrier though. You handled your scrubs at home.

Outside clothes removed... move to shower... move to on site clothes including shoes. Reverse the procedure to leave the campus. Standard protocol for 2 decades just to keep hogs alive, yet we don't come close to that procedure to keep our old people alive. It's just something I've always found interesting and probably a moot point because of visitors.

If you're a health care worker, thanks, and hopefully it's over soon.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:23 PM 04-28-2020
Those 2 Cali docs in scrubs in the video above are now facing some harsh criticism.

Health experts were quick to say the doctors’ findings were misguided and riddled with statistical errors.

[...]

In a rare statement late today, the American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine declared they “emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Messihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical societies and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19. As owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health.”
Just like the Santa Clara antibody study that recruited patients through a high school email listserv.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 05:25 PM 04-28-2020
Per Worldometers new cases are fairly flat but back up 1k in deaths today. Hopefully, that goes back down
[Reply]
Monticore 05:26 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
It's still not a barrier though. You handled your scrubs at home.

Outside clothes removed... move to shower... move to on site clothes including shoes. Reverse the procedure to leave the campus. Standard protocol for 2 decades just to keep hogs alive, yet we don't come close to that procedure to keep our old people alive. It's just something I've always found interesting and probably a moot point because of visitors.

If you're a health care worker, thanks, and hopefully it's over soon.
I understand , I said the same thing lol, but they are trying to implement something, we are not really set up for it. all ER staff use hospital scrubs so they bring nothing from home, wear hats to protect hair etc. But still not a true decontamination etc

The old age homes are private and less willing to spend extra costs on more staff or other measures.

I do Ultrasound and X-ray rarely but we have had only 1 positive admitted , work has been pretty slow , I feel kind of guilty even getting paid for mostly reviewing policies or screening patients entering hospital. Looks like we will be getting hazard pay for 16 weeks 4$ and hour and e tea 250$ a month , feel even worse knowing big hospitals in Toronto are really busy and under more stress than us.
[Reply]
jaa1025 05:30 PM 04-28-2020

[...]

Same thing happens to scientists that go against the global warming scam. They are silenced and shunned by their peers and the power brokers with everything to lose $$$.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:33 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
Same thing happens to scientists that go against the global warming scam. They are silenced and shunned by their peers and the power brokers with everything to lose $$$.
No, "scientists" are shunned when they try to pass off poorly designed studies as definitive when their methodology is horse shit.

Believe it or not, but some of us are actually trained to spot the flaws in these studies so that we can make recommendations that won't kill or disable you, although in your case, we should probably make an exception.
[Reply]
O.city 05:35 PM 04-28-2020
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....24.20075291v1

So, am I reading this right? This would put IFR, around .1?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:42 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....24.20075291v1

So, am I reading this right? This would put IFR, around .1?
The commercially-available lateral flow tests have specificities so low that it is impossible to determine the infection rate with *any* degree of certainty. A recent study comparing them to a laboratory-designed ELISA with a high degree of certainty showed that all but two had completely unacceptable levels of false positives (most were near 10%, which would mean that if the country had an actual infection rate of 2%, five out of six results would be a false positive).

And if I can't determine the infection rate, how can I determine the IFR?
[Reply]
O.city 05:42 PM 04-28-2020
We're gonna end up getting lucky that this fucker isnt' worse than it is, but it's a fucking shining light that people need to get healthier. Stop eating shit, exercise regularly etc.

This one isn't a world ender, but the next one could be.
[Reply]
O.city 05:43 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The commercially-available lateral flow tests have specificities so low that it is impossible to determine the infection rate with *any* degree of certainty. A recent study comparing them to a laboratory-designed ELISA with a high degree of certainty showed that all but two had completely unacceptable levels of false positives (most were near 10%, which would mean that if the country had an actual infection rate of 2%, five out of six results would be a false positive).

And if I can't determine the infection rate, how can I determine the IFR?
That was kind of what I was wondering, they kind of skipped a step. It's a pre print so we can't really see..what they did at all.

I would assume some of these larger profile sero profiles they're doing full ELISA on but I haven't read that anywhere.
[Reply]
Fish 05:47 PM 04-28-2020
No, that's not how it works at all.
[Reply]
jaa1025 05:50 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
No, "scientists" are shunned when they try to pass off poorly designed studies as definitive when their methodology is horse shit.

Believe it or not, but some of us are actually trained to spot the flaws in these studies so that we can make recommendations that won't kill or disable you, although in your case, we should probably make an exception.
Were you spotting flaws in the doomsday models that your experts were pushing that have been completely wrong and responsible for the great overreaction by our governments?
[Reply]
DaFace 05:52 PM 04-28-2020
Were you spotting flaws in the doomsday models that your experts were pushing that have been completely wrong and responsible for the great overreaction by our governments?
It's like you can't tell the difference in a forecasting model and a clinical trial.

What you are saying isn't far off from saying that you're going to go for a walk outside during a softball-sized hailstorm because the weatherman had predicted there was a chance of a tornado that didn't materialize.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:53 PM 04-28-2020
Take your conspiracy/political BS to DC, please.
[Reply]
Page 1694 of 3903
« First < 694119415941644168416901691169216931694 169516961697169817041744179421942694 > Last »
Up