ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 279 of 288
« First < 179229269275276277278279 280281282283 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:36 AM 12-11-2023
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
Anybody seen "Leave the World Behind" yet? It's popping up on a bunch of social media and such. Kind of a believable doomsday scenario.
I am always a sucker for any end of the world type movies and the cast is a great cast of characters. I will check it out.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:03 AM 12-11-2023
"Strays" is on Peacock. It's very, very filthy, and hilarious. I knew it was rated R, but damn.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:04 AM 12-11-2023
Anybody seen "Leave the World Behind" yet? It's popping up on a bunch of social media and such. Kind of a believable doomsday scenario.
it's an anti-white obama-produced load of garbage
[Reply]
Cheater5 11:19 AM 12-11-2023

I pushed through this drudgery simply because I thought Willem Dafoe could save it. It tries so hard to be avant garde, but it comes off like a third year film student's attempt to be deep with too many layers that defy logic. The premise; an art thief is trapped inside a multi-million dollar high rise apartment and spends several weeks attempting to escape. He does dumb shit and wastes days daydreaming and / or hallucinating. He finally chooses possibly the most difficult course of action to try to escape.

My wife fell asleep for an hour woke up and said "this stupid shit is still on?" and that's how I felt too at the end. Suspend all logic, critical thinking and common sense if you want to watch it. If you're an art house dork who wears small round-framed glasses, smokes clove cigarettes, has numerous pet cats and won't shut up about that one time you visited the Marc Sleen museum in Brussels-- this is for you.
[Reply]
rydogg58 11:22 AM 12-11-2023
We watched it the other night. It started out interesting but didn't end that way. The only thing believable about it was that I would expect that family to be as clueless and oblivious to the outside world as they were.

Other than that, it was dumb. Halfway through the movie I wasn't sure if the wife was going to fuck the other guy when they were dancing, and her husband was going to fuck the daughter. And what the fuck could a hacker hack to change the animals behavior? I'm still not sure what that was even supposed to mean.

Just avoid it. It made zero sense and unfortunately they all lived.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:11 PM 12-11-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
"Strays" is on Peacock. It's very, very filthy, and hilarious. I knew it was rated R, but damn.
Was a bit disappointed with this one tbh. Probably a me thing, i wouldnt dissuade anyone from watching it.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:40 AM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Was a bit disappointed with this one tbh. Probably a me thing, i wouldnt dissuade anyone from watching it.
I think my "state of mind" at the time made it funnier to me than it normally would've seemed. I wouldn't sit through it completely sober.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:35 PM 12-13-2023
it's actually really good, and the ending had me fucking rolling

check it out, preppers! we all need to follow the tao of kevin bacon.
[Reply]
Fish 11:35 PM 12-13-2023
This should rile up the nutters...

[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:26 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
This should rile up the nutters...

Alex Garland so you know there is going to be a really dumb takeaway.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:29 AM 12-14-2023
Bone Tomahawk...jesus christ... :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:40 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Bone Tomahawk...jesus christ... :-)
You hadn’t seen that one? Christ.

I watched it on someone’s recommendation in here. It was pretty hardcore.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:52 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You hadn’t seen that one? Christ.

I watched it on someone’s recommendation in here. It was pretty hardcore.
Loved every minute of it.

Loved how fucking stupid they were.

Sacrificed the sheriff, white hat and probably broke-leg dude too, to rescue one woman.

Granted, since the town doc was a drunk, maybe her fate was to save a whole lot more lives in the community.

And maybe sacrificing three men to take out the whole tribe of trogs was worth it.

Either way, the frontier sucked. :-)

Also, who's to say they even made it back to town? :-)

I would fucking love a sequel where a cavalry goes around trying to extermine all the trogs. All out war.
[Reply]
DJay23 09:16 PM 12-14-2023
It's a good movie in that it's got some good acting and lots of doomsday eye candy. It kept our attention throughout, which what else can you ask of a movie nowadays? I liked the ending, girlfriend did not.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:26 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by DJay23:
It's a good movie in that it's got some good acting and lots of doomsday eye candy. It kept our attention throughout, which what else can you ask of a movie nowadays? I liked the ending, girlfriend did not.
I absolutely had side-splitting laughter at the ending.

Made me want a bunker. I'm not having my fucking teeth fall out. Stay inside if shit ever goes down, period.
[Reply]
Page 279 of 288
« First < 179229269275276277278279 280281282283 > Last »
Up