ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
The Lounge>How would you handle Kelce putting hands on a coach?
Showtime 08:55 AM 10-07-2019

pic.twitter.com/d6JyedRqO4

— TPS (@TPS_Youtube) October 7, 2019

[Reply]
DTVietnam 09:25 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
As I said, up to that point. Shady had two catches for 23 yds. Damien had two for 15, Darrel had zip for zip.

And it's not Shady's fault that he didn't get a carry.

Further, he's by far been the most productive RB for the Chiefs this entire season. Averaging 5.4yds/carry vs. Damien's 1.8yds/carry and Darrel's 4.4yds/carry.

Based on his productivity this season alone, Shady should've been the featured back last night. Instead, they sat him for some reason in the first half.
I disagree..Damien should be the guy..when used properly like the end of last season..Andy's love for shady might hurt this offense
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:47 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
I disagree..Damien should be the guy..when used properly like the end of last season..Andy's love for shady might hurt this offense
I think there's a reason we moved away from him. He is a receiving back, not a rb who catches passes. As long as defenses are loading up the middle to create pressure and our OL creating no lanes, he's not good for that. He seems to only have success when defenses ignore him and that's not what we need right now.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 09:55 PM 10-07-2019
If Kelce is so emotional when the offense is playing like ass I wonder how he and the offense view the defense.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:55 PM 10-07-2019
Eric had every right to tell Kelce to pull his head out and concentrate/focus catching the ball and ball security. Good for Eric and Kelce knew it and he knew he was in the wrong and why he hugged him.

This team like the Browns to some extent have read too many of their own pre-season press clippings thinking teams are just going to lay down because they are just way too offensively talented.:-)

Still gotta play the game!!!:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:01 PM 10-07-2019
RBs don't mean a hill of beans until we actually block somebody creating lanes and especially pass block to protect Pat so he can complete passes so the defense softens up the box so we can run. What is the common denominator here for a good pass and run game ? Yes a good nasty o-line which we do not have!!!:-)
[Reply]
SDChiefs 10:02 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
I'd suspend him one game or fine him a game check. Unacceptable IMO. He's supposed to be a leader. You lead when things get tough. Anyone can do it when it's going well.
This.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:02 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Eric had every right to tell Kelce to pull his head out and concentrate/focus catching the ball and ball security. Good for Eric and Kelce knew it and he knew he was in the wrong and why he hugged him.

This team like the Browns to some extent have read too many of their own pre-season press clippings thinking teams are just going to lay down because they are just way too offensively talented.:-)

Still gotta play the game!!!:-)
I really don't agree with that. Mahomes is pissed. Kelce is being really really tough on himself. It's not a lack of effort. It's poor execution from backups on offense. On defense, it's often poor effort but that doesn't strike me as being overconfident considering how much everyone shit on them in the offseason.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:08 PM 10-07-2019
I really don't know where people are getting that kelce is upset about the offense or the coaches. He's angry at himself. Watch him punch the ground after his drops. The guy is putting too much pressure on himself and he feels like he's letting his teammates down. It is extremely selfless, not selfish. Sitting him doesn't fix anything. The best idea, and it's what we did, is feed him the ball to give him his confidence back. You could see the look of relief when kelce caught one and he pointed back to mahomes as a thank you.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:19 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Kelce is being really really tough on himself. It's not a lack of effort.
I don't care how tough he was on himself and yes it was a lack of effort. You see part of that effort is also concentrating catching the ball and protecting it when the going is tough. Yes he was physical and thats great BUT you still have to concentrate/focus doing the little things which are HUGE!! He didn't do that and Eric crawled up his ass as he should have.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:24 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The best idea, and it's what we did, is feed him the ball to give him his confidence back. You could see the look of relief when kelce caught one and he pointed back to mahomes as a thank you.
We even stopped doing that as the game went on. Why? He was our only real offensive weapon they had no answer for but.........:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:26 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
I don't care how tough he was on himself and yes it was a lack of effort. You see part of that effort is also concentrating catching the ball and protecting it. Yes he was physical and thats great BUT you still have to concentrate/focus doing the little things which are HUGE!! He didn't do that and Eric crawled up his ass as he should have.:-)
I don't blame bieniemy for chewing him out. I just don't agree with people (not you) blaming it on laziness or hangovers. His lack of concentration is from trying too hard. It has to be corrected, but let's also be glad he's that much of a team player that he gets that angry about letting his team down.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:54 PM 10-07-2019
25k fine, tell him to keep his cool. Move on.

I assume that's close to the way the team handles this kind of crap. Don't make it a huge deal but you need to do something.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 11:04 PM 10-07-2019
I'd feel better if it was Andy Reid he was putting hands on.

Only if it would give him the kind of wakeup call that prevents him from making basic clock management/playcall mistakes (or delegating it to some high schooler who can do it better), and maybe motivates him to give just a bit of a fuck about defense as befits a HC (like you-know-who).

And the next "coach" answer he gives at press conferences, Mahomes gets to kick both his ankles.

And no more KC food, fatass. Coffee is for closers.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:55 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
25k fine, tell him to keep his cool. Move on.

I assume that's close to the way the team handles this kind of crap. Don't make it a huge deal but you need to do something.
25k fine? Thatís massive. Thatís the kind of weight you get when you do a Burfict and get flagged for an illegal hit.

He barely pushed EB. Certainly didnít throw him to the ground or anything.
[Reply]
srvy 05:10 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Eric had every right to tell Kelce to pull his head out and concentrate/focus catching the ball and ball security. Good for Eric and Kelce knew it and he knew he was in the wrong and why he hugged him.

This team like the Browns to some extent have read too many of their own pre-season press clippings thinking teams are just going to lay down because they are just way too offensively talented.:-)

Still gotta play the game!!!:-)
Yep after the shit show with the Lions coaches were probably told to preach ball security. Erich is fiery to so when Kelce who is equally fiery took it wrong he snapped a bit. If there was a fine we wont know it but wouldn't surprise me if he misses a snap at start of game.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up