ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 16
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
The Lounge>Has there ever been a more insecure QB than Baker Mayfield?
RunKC 03:43 PM 09-27-2019
Can’t believe this guy is still being looked at as a “future star”. If anybody should be compared to Jay Cutler, it’s him.

Actually..he’s worse

He talked shit on the Texas QB while he’s in the NFL, he took shots at his old coach who wasn’t even with the team anymore and continued doing it in the offseason, he talked shit on Rex Ryan and now he’s talking shit on Instagram comments.

Good God you dumb motherfucker. You would think he spends as much time doing this petty bullshit as he does studying for a game.

He has shown talent, but man this guy is not someone you want on your team when things aren’t going well.

More reason to be thankful we have Mahomes.
Attached: 0204A3A7-19B5-47E7-8A83-FCE91141861F.jpeg (160.5 KB) 
[Reply]
DRM08 07:35 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I'm a huge OU fan and no way should he have been a number 1 overall pick. I think he is a guy that will always struggle in the pocket but can make some plays for you. I'd say he ends up being a middle of the pack guy like Dalton most of his career.
I think he can be better than Dalton. Lot depends on the coaches and front office though. Crap OL with poor coaching is a bad combo. He needs some help or it will end up hurting his potential.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:39 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I think he can be better than Dalton. Lot depends on the coaches and front office though. Crap OL with poor coaching is a bad combo. He needs some help or it will end up hurting his potential.
Similar to Dalton. He will never be an elite QB because he doesnt have any elite skills. Solid but not elite. Dalton/Alex Smithish type shit.
[Reply]
crispystl420 07:40 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
If Ryan Leaf is the answer, what exactly is the question?
“Who is the biggest bust of all time”???
[Reply]
crispystl420 07:46 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas:
Totally agree. I’m so glad we never landed him. I really never pay attention to his antics.
No offense, but why or how the fuck would we have “landed” him? We already had Mahomes and Baker went number one overall the next year.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:49 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Similar to Dalton. He will never be an elite QB because he doesnt have any elite skills. Solid but not elite. Dalton/Alex Smithish type shit.
I think Baker has a better arm than the likes of Dalton or Alex. But David Carr also had a great arm and was ruined by a horrible OL in Houston.

One thing I will say for Baker is that I never bet against the guy. When he left Tech, we all thought he would get buried in the depth chart at OU. Turned out it was a great move for him. I think if he stayed at Tech, he would have ended up on the bench right next to Davis Webb.

Baker likes to prove the doubters wrong and he's done a hell of a job of that for a long time. This season in Cleveland might be teetering on the edge right now. It's gonna be interesting to see what happens the rest of the way. They can't fix the OL overnight.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:26 PM 09-27-2019
No. He doesn't have a better arm than Dalton. Baker is a gamer that will make some plays for sure but being a gamer doesnt help with his poor passing accuracy.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:27 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
No. He doesn't have a better arm than Dalton. Baker is a gamer that will make some plays for sure but being a gamer doesnt help with his poor passing accuracy.
60 mph on the gun at the Combine. Pretty strong arm.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:28 PM 09-27-2019
Baker is the new Carr.

So many people bought into the hype that they will make excuses for him no matter what over the next few years.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:44 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
These 2 things plus some maturity are whats wrong with Baker right now.
Kitchens, yes. But Baker deserves a lot of blame for poor OL play. He bails way too quickly on clean pockets and forces pressure where he doesn't need to. He's been totally ineffective in the pocket so teams are capitalizing. At some point he has to learn how to make plays without a scramble drill.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:58 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
60 mph on the gun at the Combine. Pretty strong arm.
I meant not as accurate. A lot of guys can light up a radar gun.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:14 AM 09-28-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
No. He doesn't have a better arm than Dalton. Baker is a gamer that will make some plays for sure but being a gamer doesnt help with his poor passing accuracy.
I'm sorry, but who are you talking about?

Mayfield was the most accurate passer in college football the entire time he was starting at OU, and it wasn't close. IIRC, he was consistently 10 points higher in completion percentage than any other passer in college.

Last season he was among the most accurate passers in the league. He's only been inaccurate this year. And let's be absolutely honest, some of his incompletes this year really should've been caught. He's hitting guys in the hands and they're dropping balls. If they solve the OL problems his accuracy will go right back up to about 68%.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:23 AM 09-28-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I think Baker has a better arm than the likes of Dalton or Alex. But David Carr also had a great arm and was ruined by a horrible OL in Houston.

One thing I will say for Baker is that I never bet against the guy. When he left Tech, we all thought he would get buried in the depth chart at OU. Turned out it was a great move for him. I think if he stayed at Tech, he would have ended up on the bench right next to Davis Webb.

Baker likes to prove the doubters wrong and he's done a hell of a job of that for a long time. This season in Cleveland might be teetering on the edge right now. It's gonna be interesting to see what happens the rest of the way. They can't fix the OL overnight.
With their brutal schedule it wouldn’t surprise me if they’re 2-6 at the midpoint of the season. It will truly be a thing of beauty to watch these clowns meltdown with Bozo Baker leading the troupe.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 01:40 AM 09-28-2019
Originally Posted by crispystl420:
No offense, but why or how the fuck would we have “landed” him? We already had Mahomes and Baker went number one overall the next year.
Valid point. Like I said I don’t pay attention to him. Time flies but I thought Mayfield was in the same draft year because they played each other in college. My bad. Ya got me there.
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:57 AM 09-28-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Tried to tell y’all...
#metoo
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 05:29 AM 09-28-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I was really hoping the Browns would be decent this year. Their fans deserve it.
No they don't. Most browns fans are ohio state fans and ohio state fans are unbearable.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 16
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up