ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Media Center>Netflix: Mindhunter
Frazod 09:19 PM 10-16-2017
Anybody else watching this? Amazing show. The main characters are based on John Douglas and Robert Ressler, the first FBI agents to gain insight into the minds of serial killers by interviewing them in prison (Douglas was the basis for Scott Glenn's character in Silence of the Lambs). Set in the late 70s. I'm three episodes in and really enjoying it.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:20 AM 09-05-2019
Originally Posted by mcknzAlex:
I watch a lot of quality mystery and detective shows, but they are all fictional, so at first, I found this disturbing. I soon found it fascinating, though, because itís historical and so interesting...
My wife told me she got into true crime when she read "In Cold Blood" back in the 60's. I always liked that movie because it was so raw and was for real, then Courtv came along and we had a homebased business, so we would watch it all day long. That went off the air, but now we had ID (Investigation Discovery) channel and we sort of watch that all the time. Now, we're retired and can watch whenver, and I can record and skip commercials.

If you wnat to see more non-fiction real crime shows, reenactments all day and night, then watch the ID Channel. My favorite are the Paula Zahn shows, also Joe Kenda retired police detective is their #1 show, he's retiring and this is his final season, new shows are on now. They have a whole variety of shows, but occasional reruns of Dateline, 48 Hours and 20/20. For a true crime fan, this is for you. On Directv it's channel 285.


[Reply]
SAGA45 01:13 PM 09-30-2019

[Reply]
Otter 04:53 PM 10-02-2019
I just finished S1E3 and so far I'm really impressed with this series. Not enough meat yet to form an opinion but 9/10 so far.

:-)
[Reply]
Great Expectations 10:50 AM 10-04-2019
Here is your next serial killer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.new...amp/3856179002
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:01 AM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
My wife told me she got into true crime when she read "In Cold Blood" back in the 60's. I always liked that movie because it was so raw and was for real, then Courtv came along and we had a homebased business, so we would watch it all day long. That went off the air, but now we had ID (Investigation Discovery) channel and we sort of watch that all the time. Now, we're retired and can watch whenver, and I can record and skip commercials.

If you wnat to see more non-fiction real crime shows, reenactments all day and night, then watch the ID Channel. My favorite are the Paula Zahn shows, also Joe Kenda retired police detective is their #1 show, he's retiring and this is his final season, new shows are on now. They have a whole variety of shows, but occasional reruns of Dateline, 48 Hours and 20/20. For a true crime fan, this is for you. On Directv it's channel 285.

In Cold Blood was an excellent movie as well.
[Reply]
Otter 03:06 PM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Here is your next serial killer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.new...amp/3856179002
I wish I hadn't read that article.
[Reply]
SAGA45 04:25 PM 10-05-2019
It was bugging me for awhile to remember what older movie I recognized Tench from...then it hit me the other day....Creepshow 2...the guy that robbed and killed the old shopkeeper couple for "Hollywood" money.


[Reply]
Otter 05:45 PM 10-05-2019
I recognized him from Fight Club.



Just finished the 1st season = 9.5/10. Is the 2nd season as good as the 1st?
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:12 PM 10-05-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
I recognized him from Fight Club.



Just finished the 1st season = 9.5/10. Is the 2nd season as good as the 1st?
Yes
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:15 PM 10-05-2019
I thought season 2 was maybe a very slight step back, but we're talking a 9.3 after your 9.5. Just a couple minor quibbles.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:51 PM 10-05-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I thought season 2 was maybe a very slight step back, but we're talking a 9.3 after your 9.5. Just a couple minor quibbles.
I thought the subject matter of Season 1 was much more interesting.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:19 AM 10-06-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I thought the subject matter of Season 1 was much more interesting.
I'm pretty fascinated by the Atlanta child murders, so that was interesting to me.

I thought they wasted Anna Torv this season and Holden's love interest in season 1 added something that season 2 lacked.

But that's me being nitpicky...
[Reply]
Otter 02:03 PM 10-07-2019
I got 3 episodes into season 2 today due to traveling. This whole thing with children is a differnt animal than season 1. I can't even watch commercials where they show sick children without getting squeamish.

So far, enjoyed 1 much more than 2 but as mentioned only three episodes in and it's a me thing not quality of series.
[Reply]
Otter 02:17 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I thought season 2 was maybe a very slight step back, but we're talking a 9.3 after your 9.5. Just a couple minor quibbles.
Finished watching season 2 last night. I'd go with S1=9.5 and S2=8.7.

The ending of S2 was kind of open ended and a little disappointing. The season also focused too much on child murders for my taste but the heebee jeebees of that wore off after 3 episodes.

I really enjoyed how S1 focused on interviewing the serial killers and hearing their modus operandi in S1. The producers slacked off on that aspect of the story in S2. Also, as you mentioned Ford's girlfriend brought a welcome change of pace which was missing.

Great series.

Did anyone else notice how the camera zoomed in every time Ford would hit the button on the tape recorder during an interview? The record button has the orange strip on the key and he often didn't push that one. Had to be intentional for such a detailed show but never addressed.
[Reply]
sully1983 06:04 PM 10-10-2019
IMO season 1 was superior but don't get me wrong, both are fantastic binge worthy seasons. Season 1 intrigued me more because of how it all started and of course it featured more of Ed Kemper who was creepy af!

Season 2 was damn good in its own right but I didn't care too much about a couple subplots. One being the lesbian's relationship with the bartender. And secondly, the subplot involving Bill Tench's weirdo son.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Up