ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2750 of 3903
« First < 1750225026502700274027462747274827492750 275127522753275427602800285032503750 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 02:55 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
They "can" but its not likely nor is it the main purpose. Its more likely the droplet sits on your mask while you inhale and exhale and eventually some gets in.

And again why do you need to wear goggles if the people around you are wearing masks? Where are the droplets coming from?
"Normal" masks aren't 100% effective. So, droplets are present regardless. More so around the idiots who are wearing masks.

You don't "have to" wear goggles or eye protection. It's just an additional protective measure.
[Reply]
Donger 02:56 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I don't know. I don't think the actions they are taking over 30 cases is particularly smart though. Are they just going to open up and shut back down for all eternity?
I'd imagine that they are going to temporarily close things down until they get data that shows that the outbreak has been driven down, then re-evaluate.
[Reply]
Pants 02:58 PM 07-30-2020
Ummm I fully understand the concept of how masks are supposed to work. They are supposed to keep the mask wearer form infecting other people by keeping droplets out of the air.

Which is why I also understand the need to wear goggles makes no sense if you think the masks work.
If you actually understood the concept, you wouldn't have found the statement made by Dr. Fauci odd or ridiculous. He was not "[pointing] towards the apparent ineffectiveness of masks since the whole goal of them is to keep the virus from becoming airborne."

This is what led me to believe you didn't posses the ability to understand a simple concept.

Do you think Dr. Fauci mentioned goggles because the masks don't work or do you think Dr. Fauci mentioned goggles because not everyone is wearing a mask in public?

And if you are around people not wearing a mask, don't get close enough to get coughed up. I mean when was the last time you were coughed on or sneezed on by someone outside your household?
While you make it seem very easy and simple on paper, I don't believe you have to be coughed on or sneezed on directly for virus-carrying particles to enter your system through your eyes. You're also not in control of how others act around you.

There have not been any mandates to wear goggles. Dr. Fauci was simply talking about another simple measure to potentially protect yourself further.

Again, I am not sure why it's so difficult for you to grasp how that statement in no way points to the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of masks.
[Reply]
TLO 02:59 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I think that many countries are doing mass testing per capita. It would be interesting to see how many other countries have positivity percentages like ours, which is 7.8% today and thankfully trending down slowly.
Some are. Some aren't. I found a chart somewhere a day or two ago regarding testing but I'm too lazy to look for it right now.

I don't particularly want to argue that the US did a good job in its response, because it obviously didn't. But in the end I think every country is going to have to go through struggles to get through this - even if they look like they've done a good job so far.
[Reply]
Pants 03:02 PM 07-30-2020
Do you realize outside of NY and NJ the US numbers are comparable to most any other "modern" country in the world? Did NY and NJ defy efforts for political reasons?
Are you talking about a hard death count? What criteria are you comparing?
[Reply]
eDave 03:06 PM 07-30-2020
AZ is at 12K tests per day against a target of 35K by tomorrow that Ducey announced as his federally supported "Project Catapult".

If I miss published milestones I get fired.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:10 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I don't know. I don't think the actions they are taking over 30 cases is particularly smart though. Are they just going to open up and shut back down for all eternity?
They are going to try to drive the virus down. The alternative is mass infections then lots of people dying.

Would you rather have 465 cases and no deaths or a few million cases and 150k dead?
[Reply]
O.city 03:11 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
They are going to try to drive the virus down. The alternative is mass infections then lots of people dying.

Would you rather have 465 cases and no deaths or a few million cases and 150k dead?
Do you think anything else matters other than doing that?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:18 PM 07-30-2020
The problem with comparing the US as a whole to most other single countries is that it’s inherently flawed based on size both geographically and population. Then there is of course the idea that there is no way to say any one country is going to be better off long term than the others. It’s way too uncertain for any country to be spiking the football.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:19 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
AZ is at 12K tests per day against a target of 35K by tomorrow that Ducey announced as his federally supported "Project Catapult".

If I miss published milestones I get fired.
This blows me away. Last time IL was at 12K tests per day was on 4/25 and we can't get shit right as a state.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:29 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Do you think anything else matters other than doing that?
I would more fully answer your question but we can't discuss it here. So to give you a short answer, no. I don't believe currently there is middle door with Covid, it is hammer and dance.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:32 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I would more fully answer your question but we can't discuss it here. So to give you a short answer, no. I don't believe currently there is middle door with Covid, it is hammer and dance.
:-)
[Reply]
eDave 03:33 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
This blows me away. Last time IL was at 12K tests per day was on 4/25 and we can't get shit right as a state.
The current 12K is a declining number as well. Ducey sold his political soul to satan. And while following satan's direction has lost him constituents through death and disagreement it is of no surprise that he is following satan's direction now. There is no return policy with satan.
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:34 PM 07-30-2020
They "can" but its not likely nor is it the main purpose. Its more likely the droplet sits on your mask while you inhale and exhale and eventually some gets in.
Do you understand the idea that something can provide a significant improvement and can significantly slow spread and thus would provide a large public benefit, even if it is not as protective as a hazmat suit?
[Reply]
Donger 03:35 PM 07-30-2020
What on Earth is going on in Missouri?
[Reply]
Page 2750 of 3903
« First < 1750225026502700274027462747274827492750 275127522753275427602800285032503750 > Last »
Up