ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2741 of 3903
« First < 1741224126412691273127372738273927402741 274227432744274527512791284132413741 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 03:47 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, people are idiots. That will always be true.

I actually talked to a couple friends today that are part of the phase III trials. No clue if they got placebo or the real thing though. I'm not sure if they're supposed to say they're in it or not though?
It is a little scary though taking a new vaccine so can't blame people for being overly cautious. With that being said...fuck it I will take it now. :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 03:58 PM 07-29-2020
Yeah, people are idiots. That will always be true.

I actually talked to a couple friends today that are part of the phase III trials. No clue if they got placebo or the real thing though. I'm not sure if they're supposed to say they're in it or not though?
The vaccine will be big but effective therapeutics will be even bigger. And it seems that when you talk with medical professionals and other experts alike they all seem to coalesce around that.

Prevention is key but for various reasons it won't be effective for everyone, especially early on. Therefore we need effective ways to treat it that don't involve a trip to the hospital.

That being said I heard an epidemiologist on CNBC last week say the really effective vaccine is 5-10 years out because that's how long it takes to get something solid like say the flu vaccine.

This seems like common sense to me anyway. If you can prevent it great but we know people will get it and we have to remove the fear of what it means if you get it.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:02 PM 07-29-2020
TX and FL both over 200+ deaths today. Both seem to have peaked on cases a couple weeks ago though TX had a bit of a spike yesterday.

Hopefully we are seeing the peak in their deaths as well. If that is the case and that is what we are seeing then I'd say we never got close to the levels of deaths we feared we might see given the surge in cases. Lets hope that's the case.

CA is probably going to put us over 1,300+ deaths today I'm afraid.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:18 PM 07-29-2020
A few observations on Mask wearing.

In my area- Jackson County- I was only seeing maybe 20% of the people wearing mask at stores. Now it is mandetory and for a few weeks now- most everyone had one, even if they were not wearing it properly.

Spent the day up in St. Joe this week. Did not see more than a handful wearing mask.

Got new tires today- and only 1 person, plus myself had a mask on out of 20 folks in and out.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:33 PM 07-29-2020
When are they supposed to be all done wiht the backlog?
I'm not buying that excuse.

Today was over 1900...

I know 7 people in 5 counties that have been tested since last Thursday and they all have gotten their results already. I think they are bullshitting us.
[Reply]
loochy 04:35 PM 07-29-2020
Eh, I'm not as bombastic as Hamas maybe, but i've had my fair share of fuck ups in this thread.

Again, I just read as much as i can.
All of this is exactly what makes you superior. :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:46 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
Umm you do know that o.city is about 10x more qualified to speak on this subject right? Sorry that he doesn't talk down to you enough to prove that.

Jesus.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
What were you saying about talking down to people?

I don't give a shit about Hamas' tone. He seems to know what he's taking about when it comes to some very specific medical issues. He seems to be pretty clear when he gets into a subject he doesn't know about.

I appreciate it, but nah. I'm not near on Hamas level in terms of any of the research stuff. I know what some of the big words are and I read alot. Thats about it.
AC have you ever even slightly modified your initial opinion on any subject based on new information - in the history of this forum? All I ever see is you endlessly going back and forth and refusing to ever budge an inch, even when it becomes pretty obvious you're in the wrong, all with the same haughty condescension that no one else on the forum knows what they're talking about but you. Donger is the only one I've ever seen who can outlast you. I feel like you vs. Donger is going to make the universe implode someday.
[Reply]
Donger 04:54 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

I don't give a shit about Hamas' tone. He seems to know what he's taking about when it comes to some very specific medical issues. He seems to be pretty clear when he gets into a subject he doesn't know about.

AC have you ever even slightly modified your initial opinion on any subject based on new information - in the history of this forum? All I ever see is you endlessly going back and forth and refusing to ever budge an inch, even when it becomes pretty obvious you're in the wrong, all with the same haughty condescension that no one else on the forum knows what they're talking about but you. Donger is the only one I've ever seen who can outlast you. I feel like you vs. Donger is going to make the universe implode someday.
Hey!? What did I do?
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:04 PM 07-29-2020
You guys went round and round about something recently. It's the one time I'm like - this is going to be good. I also always think - man it's nice to be on donger's side for once - with his endless debate stamina.

If I get into it with you or AC I just make my point and bow out. As I will on this if he doesn't ban me.
[Reply]
AustinChief 05:08 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
TX and FL both over 200+ deaths today. Both seem to have peaked on cases a couple weeks ago though TX had a bit of a spike yesterday.

Hopefully we are seeing the peak in their deaths as well. If that is the case and that is what we are seeing then I'd say we never got close to the levels of deaths we feared we might see given the surge in cases. Lets hope that's the case.

CA is probably going to put us over 1,300+ deaths today I'm afraid.
Texas changed reporting standards. Sites like worldmeters are WAY off for the last few days. Deaths in Texas are currently dropping.

[Reply]
Donger 05:11 PM 07-29-2020
You guys went round and round about something recently. It's the one time I'm like - this is going to be good. I also always think - man it's nice to be on donger's side for once - with his endless debate stamina.

If I get into it with you or AC I just make my point and bow out. As I will on this if he doesn't ban me.
Yes. It was about herders, or something. It's not my fault that he was wrong in whatever it was, and stubborn as a mule...

:-)

He actually left the discussion, so I don't know if he saw and admitted the light, or not.
[Reply]
AustinChief 05:15 PM 07-29-2020

Please provide an example, like I did with Hamas. Or are you just spouting off with nothing to back your claims up... like you so always do. (See how easy it is to cast aspersions without corroboration)

[Reply]
petegz28 05:30 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
Texas changed reporting standards. Sites like worldmeters are WAY off for the last few days. Deaths in Texas are currently dropping.

That's good to know.
[Reply]
TLO 05:43 PM 07-29-2020
I know a lot of you don't like this guy/gal, but I can verify the data in terms of Missouri. He/she does seem to have some knowledge.

Yes... The top ten states who will accumulate a bunch of cases and report them all in one day, and create a media sensation... pic.twitter.com/R3QsSBwKKz

— Ethical Skeptic ☀ (@EthicalSkeptic) July 29, 2020

[Reply]
TLO 05:49 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I'm not buying that excuse.

Today was over 1900...

I know 7 people in 5 counties that have been tested since last Thursday and they all have gotten their results already. I think they are bullshitting us.
Mr. Sauto -

You are correct in saying that individuals will be notified of their test results relatively quickly. Dr. Williams said they contact local health departments within an hour of having a positive test reported. Not sure of the turn around on negative tests.

However the backlog comes into play due to the fact that they have so much data to enter, and up until a couple of days ago, a lack of man power to enter said data into the database. They are slogging through thousands if not tens of thousands of cases per day to enter into the system.
[Reply]
Page 2741 of 3903
« First < 1741224126412691273127372738273927402741 274227432744274527512791284132413741 > Last »
Up